General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

How do I protect the paint?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 11:10 PM
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
I like the different option of wide. I'm not sure it's for me, but thanks for the tip on Zeta and it's cool that they are using your car as the model.

Old 09-04-2008, 11:29 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Juliane
I like the different option of wide. I'm not sure it's for me, but thanks for the tip on Zeta and it's cool that they are using your car as the model.
I enjoyed all of your posts about how you obtained your Fit, and in your place, would have done the same things. I was not a fan of side moldings, but believed that dents and dings would be inevitable. You could follow the same course as member macbuddy- wait for the inevitable door damage, then cover it with the Zeta wide moldings.

I only acted as the test subject for Zeta Products because I trust Angelo Mazullo, and believe in the quality of all Zeta products and their customer service. I did not like side moldings until I installed mine. Now, I do, sincerely, like the look. That is not enough reason for you to buy them, however. In your search for accessories, please do trust Zeta as one of your sources.

Old 09-05-2008, 10:40 AM
I Had Roughly 6-7 Cars Done.

But it is simply way too expensive IMO to put on a 16K car. Audi's BMW'S, Porsches, yes. Honda Fit is simply not worth the investment for me.
BTW: I STRONGLY suggest that you never go to a tint shop. Find an authorized installer that guarantees installation. Now on some occasions that may be a tint shop but not that often.

Old 09-05-2008, 11:08 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by SlavetotheHonda
But it is simply way too expensive IMO to put on a 16K car. Audi's BMW'S, Porsches, yes. Honda Fit is simply not worth the investment for me.
BTW: I STRONGLY suggest that you never go to a tint shop. Find an authorized installer that guarantees installation. Now on some occasions that may be a tint shop but not that often.
If you don't like side moldings, all you need to do is say so. A $150. one-time investment that prevents $500. body shop repairs on each of four doors is not too expensive.

Old 09-05-2008, 11:26 AM
I Was Speaking Of Entire Coverage Which Generally Runs 500-700 bucks.

If you plan on keeping the car and or it's your "baby" and you want to invest that kinda cash then I understand it. My experience was one of dropping 500-600 on a car then in less than a year or 2 I would sell it and it made no difference whatsoever in terms of resale. In fact some people did not want the car beacause of ignorance and thought it was "covering" all the paint.
BTW: If you own a black car you will see the material from 5 feet away. Other colors like silver, or my yellow S200 were totally invisible. Color is a major factor in terms of seeing the material on the car.

Old 09-05-2008, 12:38 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SlavetotheHonda
If you plan on keeping the car and or it's your "baby" and you want to invest that kinda cash then I understand it. My experience was one of dropping 500-600 on a car then in less than a year or 2 I would sell it and it made no difference whatsoever in terms of resale. In fact some people did not want the car beacause of ignorance and thought it was "covering" all the paint.
BTW: If you own a black car you will see the material from 5 feet away. Other colors like silver, or my yellow S200 were totally invisible. Color is a major factor in terms of seeing the material on the car.
OK, I have never seen this coating on a dark car. I have a BBP and it can look black in some lights. I definitely don't want to be able to see the coating!

I don't consider it expensive because I am planning to keep the car as long as it lasts. Never been one to trade cars in after a couple of years, and with the heck I had to go through to get this one, I plan to enjoy it for a long time! (But I've also lived long enough to know that plans can change, too!) Anyway, I'm still thinking about it. I'd like to photos of this stuff on a dark-colored car.

Old 09-05-2008, 04:30 PM
The single biggest thing you can do is not tailgate.
When I'm on my bike I can feel the grit blasting my arms at anything less than 5 or 6 lengths.

Old 09-06-2008, 12:06 AM
Originally Posted by Juliane
I'd like to photos of this stuff on a dark-colored car.
Here's my BBP with Invisimask installed by GF and I w/ Zeta side molding.
Name:  clearmask.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  68.7 KBName:  zetaside.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  44.2 KB

Old 09-07-2008, 04:27 PM
5 Year Member
o that's nice! So you can't see the clear bra, then? (damn that sounds perverted)