General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

How many Fits did YOU see today??

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 03:02 AM
damn yall see a lot of fits.. it is a real raritey that you see a fit in my area.. if people saw a modded fit here theyd all prolly poop themselves.

Old 09-06-2008, 01:23 AM
I see a SSM every day on the way to work, parked in a driveway. Today it was driving towards me and did NOT respond with a wave. It infuriates me when the other Fit drivers don't nod or wave!

I see a BOM and a white one at least every other day or so.

I've seen a BBP a couple of times -- it's always filthy. All the ones I've seen are Sports.

I had not seen a VBP at all until I'd had mine about 2 weeks. I was seriously offended when the ponytailed adolescent driving the other one stuck up her nose as she passed me. She eyeballed me sideways, but no wave, I mean, what is wrong with these people! Acknowledging another Fit should be fun!

I've seen a black one a couple of times, driven by a maybe 60 ish man, who keeps it clean and gorgeous.

I mean, this is Texas, we're supposed to Drive Friendly. I'm going to start taking down license plates.

njo
2008 VBP Sport, born May 08

Old 09-06-2008, 01:26 AM
OMG i saw 3 yes THREE Fits today!!

a MR going down the highway, a NHB in a parking lot, AND a VBP sitting at a stop light!

Old 09-06-2008, 02:23 AM
Retired Moderator
I actually saw 0 today...
Drove about 50 miles throughout the day.

Old 09-06-2008, 02:59 AM
Saw 4 on the road and 4 at dealership.

Old 09-06-2008, 02:17 PM
Originally Posted by Juliane
My kids keep seeing another BBP, and I saw it before I got mine, but I haven't seen it since. I've seen an '07 TW one in this area too but not very often. In this land of Monster Trucks, I guess Little Bitty Fits haven't caught on yet.

I see SSMs the most often. Or maybe it's the same one I see, frequently.
I'm wondering if that's me in my BBP you saw - I have to drive through your part of town going back and forth to work everyday (Cypress to Sugar Land and back - the big reason I got a Fit). So if it was a BBP going north on 6 or Fry, it was likely me.

I don't see very many Fit's on the road - maybe 1 every 2-3 days. And mine is still the only BBP I've seen.

Rannous

Old 09-07-2008, 04:02 PM
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TexFit
I see a SSM every day on the way to work, parked in a driveway. Today it was driving towards me and did NOT respond with a wave. It infuriates me when the other Fit drivers don't nod or wave!

I see a BOM and a white one at least every other day or so.

I've seen a BBP a couple of times -- it's always filthy. All the ones I've seen are Sports.

I had not seen a VBP at all until I'd had mine about 2 weeks. I was seriously offended when the ponytailed adolescent driving the other one stuck up her nose as she passed me. She eyeballed me sideways, but no wave, I mean, what is wrong with these people! Acknowledging another Fit should be fun!

I've seen a black one a couple of times, driven by a maybe 60 ish man, who keeps it clean and gorgeous.

I mean, this is Texas, we're supposed to Drive Friendly. I'm going to start taking down license plates.

njo
2008 VBP Sport, born May 08
And just WHO are you going to report them to, Missy??? LOLOL

I think MOST people who bought their Fits after gas prices spiked did it just because they liked the economy of the car, not because they had done the homework or because they fell in love with the car itself. I know at least a few high school boys who got a Fit...it's a safe, cheap to run little vehicle that doesn't go super-fast.

But still...why not wave? Heck, when I go visit my step-mom up in Missouri, EVERYONE waves no matter what car you're in. They just assume they know you and they are being friendly. Yes, it's a small town.

I will keep waving and everyone will think "What a crazy lady!"

Old 09-07-2008, 05:25 PM
Hi All
I saw two parked at cheesequake park in old bridge nj this morning while my wife and I were walking. one was ssm sport the other orange sport , than later in the day a orange sport and another ssm. all in central nj.I have a ssm sport with weather guard visors and clear shield.
jimrb66

Old 09-07-2008, 05:34 PM
i saw a tw sport on the free way. and a bom sport passing my house

Old 09-09-2008, 12:36 AM
5 Year Member
I see 4 (including mine) every time I jog around my neighborhood. I saw 8 driving around town this past Saturday, none of which were '09s. I've seen 3 today. I fear they will soon be as common as the civic. :-(

Old 09-09-2008, 08:16 AM
5 Year Member
LOL! I was thinking about starting a thread like this but thought there would be little interest. I drive for a living and keep my eyes open for Fits. The most I've seen in one day was 6: three BOM and three MR; five Sports and one Base. Oddly enough, every BBP Fit I've seen to date has been filthy, and I've never seen a TW outside of the web. I've seen ONE TWB Fit.

On average, I see about three a day, not including my own. I saw a red '09 on the Interstate Sunday, just as I was thinking of swinging by the local dealership to check if they had any. Odd looking, was my initial impression.

Old 09-09-2008, 10:47 AM
5 Year Member
I saw a red Fit yesterday, and a BOM Sport that belongs to one of the seniors at my son's school. That was 2 Fits within 10 minutes but then none the rest of the day.

BBP is a hard color to keep clean, but no harder than black. I have great incentive to keep mine clean, because if I don't, the color doesn't show up as well and it just looks nasty.

Old 09-09-2008, 10:49 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Flyin172s
I see 4 (including mine) every time I jog around my neighborhood. I saw 8 driving around town this past Saturday, none of which were '09s. I've seen 3 today. I fear they will soon be as common as the civic. :-(

It sure looks like California ranks #1 in number of Fits!! For Texans, it's probably a very hard step to go from an F-150 down to a little tiny Fit...

Old 09-09-2008, 12:45 PM
Originally Posted by Juliane
It sure looks like California ranks #1 in number of Fits!! For Texans, it's probably a very hard step to go from an F-150 down to a little tiny Fit...
Speaking of waving -- the F-150s drivers always wave!

Today, one Fit sighting -- on the Honda lot, where they NEVER have any Fits. Hotcha! Blue Sensation, is that what the new deep blue is? Beautiful. I wouldn't have minded that one. But I love my '08 VBP better.

Of course we'd have bought an '09 if we had not found the '08 we wanted, but I have to say, I don't love the hood shape on the new ones. It looks like it wants to be a Grand Am or something.

But it was mighty good looking! Gave me a little catch in the throat to see a shiny new body style actually on our dealer's lot. I briefly lusted after it.

Then I remembered, oh yeah, mine is only 3 months old, and I love her, even if she does have 1100 miles on her already.

n-jo
2008 VBP Sport

Old 09-09-2008, 01:10 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Rannous
I'm wondering if that's me in my BBP you saw - I have to drive through your part of town going back and forth to work everyday (Cypress to Sugar Land and back - the big reason I got a Fit). So if it was a BBP going north on 6 or Fry, it was likely me.

I don't see very many Fit's on the road - maybe 1 every 2-3 days. And mine is still the only BBP I've seen.

Rannous
Nope - but I'll look out for you too! The one I saw was on Dairy Ashford, going up to I-10. I have seen a TW one getting on I-10 at D/A too.

Dude! You are putting some miles on your Fit!! Like a good Houstonian...we love to drive and damned if this city doesn't put a LOT of miles on...

Maybe I'll see you tomorrow - have to go up to Clay Road and get my registration completed - 2 weeks after I bought the car. They've been playing the usual bureaucratic BS games with documents. But we're nearly there. Now it's time to write the check for taxes and be done with it!

Old 09-09-2008, 06:48 PM
5 Year Member
8 here:

3 BOM

2 BBP

1 TBM

2 MR

Old 09-10-2008, 03:12 PM
5 Year Member
Saw my first '09 on the road today...

It was a BBP and it looked HUGE! Still had the sticker on. I could see the rear taillights from like half a mile away! There was a youngish guy with a bill cap on driving it. I was across a wide median so he wouldn't have noticed me. He was smiling, though.

I saw a base SSM too. That was a woman driver and she didn't look like a FitFreaker.

So far today, 2 Fits.

Old 09-11-2008, 01:15 PM
5 Year Member
I normally see at least 1 or 2 other Fits a day in St. Louis. Mostly Sports, a couple base models. Saw one 2009 this morning, first time I saw one not the internet. Might drop by the dealer this weekend and just look at an 2009 for the heck of it. All the Fits I've seen have been factory stock. The guy in the cubicle next to me says this cat that worked at the auto parts store (O'reilly's) had a Fit that was dropped and rolling on some green wheels. But I've yet to see a modified Fit in STL with my own eyes.

Old 09-23-2008, 10:08 AM
5 Year Member
I saw a TW blue Fit zooming down the street yesterday.

Saw 2 Fits the day before. One SSM, one black. The NHBP was parked at Wingstop and I didn't get to find out who owned it because the place was jammed and we walked out and went home to eat.

I see at least one nearly every day, unless I don't go out.

Old 09-23-2008, 10:57 AM
5 Year Member
I see 3 or 4 Fits every day, seems like there's more BOM's here than any other color.
Have been a FitFreaker since early 2007, but haven't met another one yet. I did finally get to see a nicely modded one last week; a NHBP. Couldn't get close enough to get a good look before I got to my exit, but it was lowered and very clean, with wind deflectors.
Most Fit drivers are oblivious, because most people are not car people. Sad, but true. I still wave anyhow, and occasionally get a wave back.

Quick Reply: How many Fits did YOU see today??