General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

official trim, color and transmission info from Honda IN

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2006, 08:23 PM
mav
official trim, color and transmission info from Honda IN

The Fit will arrive as an MY2007 automobile.

Model ID GD3747EW - Fit 5 Door Base - 5 Speed Manual Transmission
Colors - Nighthawk Black Pearl/Black, Vivid Blue Pearl/Black, Lunar Mist/Beige, Milano Red/Beige, Storm Silver Metallic/Black, Taffeta White/Beige

Model ID GD3767EW - Fit 5 Door Sport - 5 Speed Manual Transmission
Colors - Nighthawk Black Pearl/Black, Vivid Blue Pearl/Black, Blaze Orange Metallic/Black, Milano Red/Black, Storm Silver Metallic/Black, Taffeta White/Beige, Taffeta White/Black

Model ID GD3847EW - Fit 5 Door Base - 5 Speed Auto Transmission
Colors - Nighthawk Black Pearl/Black, Vivid Blue Pearl/Black, Lunar Mist/Beige, Milano Red/Beige, Storm Silver Metallic/Black, Taffeta White/Beige

Model ID GD3867EW - Fit 5 Door Sport - 5 Speed Auto Transmission
Colors - Nighthawk Black Pearl/Black, Vivid Blue Pearl/Black, Blaze Orange Metallic/Black, Milano Red/Black, Storm Silver Metallic/Black, Taffeta White/Beige, Taffeta White/Black

Exterior Color Samples based on JDM Honda website...

Nighthawk Black Pearl

Vivid Blue Pearl

Lunar Mist - No sample but my guess is it will be a light silver, similar to Alabaster Silver.

Milano Red

Storm Silver Metallic

Taffeta White

Blaze Orange Metallic - Exclusive color to the Sport trim.

Interior Color Samples based on JDM Honda website...

Beige

Black

Blaze Orange Metallic/Black, Milano Red/Black and Taffeta White/Black are exclusive color combos to the Sport trim.

Old 01-03-2006, 08:52 PM
Model year 2007,

Don't those usually come out in the fall?
I thought we were looking at a spring launch. Any word if that is still the case?

Old 01-03-2006, 09:16 PM
5 Year Member
Lightbulb

I wonder is Honda using the same five-speed automatic as the unit on the 2006 Civic? I've driven the 2006 Civic LX with the five-speed automatic and that transmission has excellent shift characteristics with very smooth shifts and does a good job of avoiding "hunting" between gears going uphill.

Old 01-03-2006, 09:35 PM
mav
Originally Posted by Volk
Model year 2007,

Don't those usually come out in the fall?
I thought we were looking at a spring launch. Any word if that is still the case?
The Ridgeline was launched last spring as an 2006. The Fit is still on target for launch this upcoming spring.

Old 01-03-2006, 09:49 PM
Thanks Mav,

My heart sunk for a second.

Old 01-03-2006, 09:53 PM
This is a great topic Mav. Thanks!

Old 01-04-2006, 01:50 PM
mav
The presence of the Fit within Honda's Interactive Network (IN) is a good sign of a Spring launch. Usually, new vehicles start to appear within IN 3 months prior to launch. If the Fit follows the same pattern, I would expect it to start showing up at dealers in April.

Old 01-04-2006, 10:07 PM
My guess is "lunar mist" will be a silvery blue. I've seen the Fit in this type of color.

Old 01-05-2006, 02:37 AM
Just recently joined the Fit Forums, first reply. Thanks for the info. I actually just came back from the San Jose auto show, and though there were no production Fits on the floor, I did snap some shots of the Spoon Fit that ran at Thunderhill (?) a while back. Check them out in my user gallery under EC Transplant.

https://www.fitfreak.net/gallery/thu...s.php?album=77

Old 01-05-2006, 08:24 AM
Thumbs up

Cool track side dirt on the floormats - you can tell it's the real deal!

Old 01-15-2006, 01:48 PM
Storm Silver - Asking for Trouble Color

Storm Silver is just too hard to see on the road. Maybe they should change the name to Hit Me Silver.

Old 01-15-2006, 02:32 PM
Yeah, I wanted Orange or Silver, but we're going to be getting the base model, so orange isn't available. I like the silver, but I don't like that it blends in, as you said! Argh.

Old 01-16-2006, 01:38 PM
?

Is that a GPS unit in the beige interior? Anyone have any info on that thing? Option? Cost?

Can the Civic GPS be modified to fit? if it can, I will just yank one of ebay and hold of on getting the Sport.

Old 01-16-2006, 01:55 PM
mav
Navigation is not a factory option.

Old 01-16-2006, 09:35 PM
5 Year Member
Interesting thought about the visibility of the silver color. I had already set on the Storm Silver, but now will have to think about it.

Counterpoint: Which color is more visible to the local constabulary, red, orange or silver?

Every black car I have had was always going to be my last. Looks great cleaned and waxed, but that lasts about an hour.

Old 01-17-2006, 08:08 AM
Question

I have a co-worker with a storm silver CRV and I don't see what this lack of visability claim is...Her car sticks out more than a black or dark blue...

Old 01-18-2006, 12:36 AM
What is the most stable color in terms of durabliity? Resistance to swirl marks? Resistant to sun fade? Looks best for the longest period of time? I am assuming white??

Old 01-18-2006, 10:39 PM
Originally Posted by Halo
What is the most stable color in terms of durabliity? Resistance to swirl marks? Resistant to sun fade? Looks best for the longest period of time? I am assuming white??
I've had all the basic colors and the one that stands out in my mind was a 1982 Mercedes that was White. It always looked clean. When I washed it I was amazed at how much dirt was on the car. It was also cooler and was a stealth machine on the road.
MauiTime

Old 01-18-2006, 11:13 PM
Fit orders Friday

Honda Dealer confirms they can order cars Friday!! I called a Dealer today and asked to be placed on the waiting list. Sales Manager confirmed that this friday he is supposed to receive the list of cars for his first allotment.
I plan to purchase the fit to tow behind my motorhome. I like the fact it's small and light. One of my problems is ground clearance. The Sport with the cladding seems to have a lot less clearance even though the tires are bigger. I would rather have the features on the Sport but fear it would end up with damaged cladding. I'm not like most of the younger buyers that want the car to look cool, I'm going to take the car to Canada and Alaska this summer. Does anybody know if I can raise the body by upgrading to bigger wheels and tires?

Old 01-19-2006, 12:24 PM
kps
Honda Fit Forums Moderator
Originally Posted by mauicedar
One of my problems is ground clearance. The Sport with the cladding seems to have a lot less clearance even though the tires are bigger.
The rims are bigger, but the tire sidewalls are correspondingly smaller, so the total size is the same.
Originally Posted by mauicedar
Does anybody know if I can raise the body by upgrading to bigger wheels and tires?
If you do, your speedometer and odometer will read proportionally low... and be sure to tell us if it affects fuel consumption -- perhaps it would compensate for the aggressive gearing on the North American version.

Quick Reply: official trim, color and transmission info from Honda IN