General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Are people buying Fit's for the wrong reasons?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 06:05 PM
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Different people like different things about the Fit. It's like a mirror - you look into it, and you see what you want to see. If a tuner likes the look of the Fit, and wants to drop a K20 into it, who the heck cares? Why not? Maybe it's fun to have a car no one thinks will be fast, blow the doors off anything around it. Maybe it's just a great looking little car and someone doesn't care to try and get 45 mpg in the city. It's a cheap ride, to start with, so there's more money left to tune it with.

There is no "wrong reason" to buy a Fit. You buy it because you want it. If you don't want it, you buy a Matrix. Or a Yaris, or a Versa, or a Maza 5, or whatever. A clown car, for Pete's sake! (mini cooper)

Old 10-23-2008, 08:27 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by noxikon
The punctuation god just died. lol
Heres some punctuation for u F*** 0**

Old 10-23-2008, 10:06 PM
5 Year Member
I bought my Fit for modding purposes. Saving gas was a bonus. lol

Old 10-23-2008, 10:12 PM
I bought my Fit as a DD while I build my del Sol. But now I would much rather spend money on making the Fit fast and just get rid of the Sol.

As for spending 16k on a chassis, people spend over 20k to get an Insight just to tear out the Hybrid and drop a H22 or K24 in it's place.

Old 10-23-2008, 10:17 PM
5 Year Member
...sigh

some people just never understand...dropping a k20 in a fit is not economical, and yes there are cars out there that can be purchased at a cheaper price for more performance gains, but you know what, car enthusiasts usually do not car about what the most economic option would be in modifying their car, otherwise you wouldnt be a car enthusiast in the first place...so stop these pointless threads, and start contributing material ideas for the fit, and not meaningless banter

Last edited by jeimusu86; 10-23-2008 at 10:19 PM.
Old 10-23-2008, 10:36 PM
Thumbs up

Ha! I sold my '04 mini cooper S to buy the '09 Fit Sport. Damn happy too.

Originally Posted by Juliane

There is no "wrong reason" to buy a Fit. You buy it because you want it. If you don't want it, you buy a Matrix. Or a Yaris, or a Versa, or a Maza 5, or whatever. A clown car, for Pete's sake! (mini cooper)

Old 10-23-2008, 10:36 PM
I think we buried the OP by now, let's stop already lol. If I had the cash, I'd buy every single performance mod POSSIBLE for this car. Maybe you bought it specifically for MPG, but there's a SMALL percentage of folks who have dropped a K20 in the Fit. VERY SMALL PERCENTAGE. And I'm sure if you came across one in real life, you wouldn't ask him why he did it. You would love it.

Old 10-23-2008, 10:38 PM
I dont think the original poster was trying to offend anyone here. It just seems like he wanted to know why people spend more money on a fit than a factory track-ready car. And several people have already answered that question. I really doubt he's trying to get on anyone's case; he's just curious what Fit owners' intentions are. This thread isn't pointless; it shows that the Fit community is very diverse, each person with his or her own unique choice.

Old 10-23-2008, 10:54 PM
that was very intelligent and wise of you. Almost like a free lesson in tolerance/zen lol

Old 10-23-2008, 11:05 PM
OP I would rather build a car, than buy a car.

Old 10-23-2008, 11:15 PM
lol let's keep it rolling then. OP might be over 30 and more into fuel economy. Or he doesn't understand that some people are rich and can afford the swap. If a crate showed up at your door with a fresh, brand new K20A with mounts and axles, you wouldn't pay the labor to have it installed? You'd be insane.

Old 10-24-2008, 01:21 AM
spoon fed
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by trancedsailor
lol let's keep it rolling then. OP might be over 30 and more into fuel economy. Or he doesn't understand that some people are rich and can afford the swap. If a crate showed up at your door with a fresh, brand new K20A with mounts and axles, you wouldn't pay the labor to have it installed? You'd be insane.
are you willing to ship me a k20a with mounts and axles? i will make it fit in my gd3.
anybody know what time it is?

Old 10-24-2008, 01:36 AM
Touched by his noodly appendage
I didnt get "buried". I assumed people on here were mature enough to have this conversation without getting immature and nasty. Seems like I was wrong. I really dont care what you do, its just out of pure curiousity. You guys cant comprehend what im trying to say. All you guys see is "Modding is bad". I really dont feel the need to try to keep explaining myself. Thanks to those who have actually understand what ive been trying to say and gave me your opinion on it.

Old 10-24-2008, 01:39 AM
spoon fed
5 Year Member
rep points to understanding people?
subject is simple but explination is a bit tricky

Old 10-24-2008, 09:55 AM
Administrator
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by trancedsailor
lol let's keep it rolling then. OP might be over 30 and more into fuel economy.
whoa whoa whoa there kiddo. hittin 34 next weekend. the guys i hang around (from here on ff) will tell you differently about the over 30 guy.

Old 10-24-2008, 10:53 AM
Touched by his noodly appendage
Originally Posted by gimme
whoa whoa whoa there kiddo. hittin 34 next weekend. the guys i hang around (from here on ff) will tell you differently about the over 30 guy.
Just shows the amount of ignorance in this thread. I'm WELL under 30. No offense to the geysers lol

Old 10-24-2008, 10:54 AM
5 Year Member
this thread should be dead lol everyone has their reasons to buy things and lets leave it at that. I already said my answer.

Old 10-24-2008, 11:11 AM
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by qbmurderer13
I didnt get "buried". I assumed people on here were mature enough to have this conversation without getting immature and nasty. Seems like I was wrong. I really dont care what you do, its just out of pure curiousity. You guys cant comprehend what im trying to say. All you guys see is "Modding is bad". I really dont feel the need to try to keep explaining myself. Thanks to those who have actually understand what ive been trying to say and gave me your opinion on it.
This is what you said in your first post:

The Fit IMO is the best daily driver hands down. Awesome car to drive, amazing gas mileage, reliability. It has it all except power.

That's great, that's YOUR opinion, and Honda did design this car for economy. It also knew what market segment it wanted to appeal to, and the low cost brings in younger folks who are hobbyist tuners, racers, etc. As I said, a tuner is going to look for a car to tune, and some of those will like the look of the Fit and will buy it for that reason. Why is that any different from someone like me, who falls in love with the look of the car and adds various other accessories like a "FIT" 3rd brake light, interior ambient lighting etc.? OK, my choices don't pump up the performance, and probably don't cost as much as a K20, but there is some other Fit owner who can't understand why I would even want to buy different rims and tint the windows. See what I mean? It's all on a scale from stock to way modded, and there's a point on that scale for all of us.

So back off with your superior act, dude. You asked a question and people answered, and you kept your original opinion anyway, so why even ask? Rhetorical questions should be asked quietly to yourself while shaking your head in wonderment. It's a great big world with room for everyone.

Old 10-24-2008, 11:14 AM
Originally Posted by marz
Heres some punctuation for u F*** 0**
I didn't see the punctuation.

Old 10-24-2008, 11:20 AM
Administrator
5 Year Member
instead of starting a thread on it, you could have used the "handy" SEARCH button. there are many threads where people "just don't get it".

////

Quick Reply: Are people buying Fit's for the wrong reasons?