General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Should I get wheel locks on Fit Sport?

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2013, 03:06 PM
Originally Posted by EnticedByTiffany
I say GET THEM! If you're really concerned, get 4 different ones. They'll look at them and won't even want to go through the hassle. Too many people getting their wheels stolen cause they look good.
Thankfully I'm not super concerned as far as where I live and work but then when I was researching some other stuff on the forum I came across a few posts about the wheels being stolen. I'll probably get the Gorilla ones to be safe.

Dawn

Old 11-28-2013, 09:20 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by graphixgurl
Thankfully I'm not super concerned as far as where I live and work but then when I was researching some other stuff on the forum I came across a few posts about the wheels being stolen. I'll probably get the Gorilla ones to be safe.

Dawn
There's pretty much nothing you can do to stop the well trained thieves from taking your wheels. I'd say wheel locks are piece of mind and something you can tell your insurance company if they get stolen. I have a set of Honda wheel locks but would never thing of buying four different sets.

One set, no set or four sets is all the same to an accomplished thief that uses something I think is called a barber's socket (which bites into the metal for removing stripped nuts). However do remember to keep the key in your glove box, or else if ever you get a flat tire or need a mechanic to remove a wheel, you will be up the creek with no paddle.

Wheel locks don't fit over lug nuts, they replace them so you'll have to remove one lug per wheel and replace them with one of the lock type lugs. The key fits on the lug so that a conventional socket wrench/bar/tire iron can fit over the bolt.

I live in Canada so I don't worry about wheel theft but if wheel locks give you peace of mind, definitely a good buy