General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Whats with the GE8 hate?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 02:17 AM
Touched by his noodly appendage
Whats with the GE8 hate?

Ive noticed GD3 owners around here cant stand the GE8's for whatever reason they can find. Whats with all the hate amongst fellow Fit owners? Why not appreciate what both models have, have your likes and dislikes, and leave it at that. Why go around on every GE thread posting about why the GD is so much better in your opinion? Why seperate the Fit crowd into 2 sides rather than stick together as one...?

Old 01-25-2009, 02:23 AM
spoon fed
5 Year Member
the same reason republicans and democrats separate. even though we are all on the fit love list we each have our views on which one is better.

Old 01-25-2009, 02:26 AM
Touched by his noodly appendage
Right but some of the comments ive seen GD3 owners make about GE8's and their owners are down right insults and ignorant. Ive yet to see a GE8 owner start a thread titled 'This is why the GE8 is better'. I mean these people have a serious problem with GE8's.

Old 01-25-2009, 02:35 AM
spoon fed
5 Year Member
personally i dislike the ge8 design, but that is just what i think. im not going to rag on you for liking it or modding it. to each his own is how you need to look at it.
people will voice their opinions no matter what. just let them rag on them until a ge8 chassis fit whoops the crap out of a gd3 in a time attack race. till then gd3 is best.

Old 01-25-2009, 11:28 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by qbmurderer13
Right but some of the comments ive seen GD3 owners make about GE8's and their owners are down right insults and ignorant. Ive yet to see a GE8 owner start a thread titled 'This is why the GE8 is better'. I mean these people have a serious problem with GE8's.
You just have to get used to the insults and ignorance. I have owned both cars, and if I could have found a new '08 I would have bought it when my '07 died. But with the ignorance, poor skills and planning that I have seen in many mods posted on the forums, I wasn't about to buy any used GD, to avoid buying someone else's mistakes.

So even though I like the looks of the GE's less, I bought a new one anyway. The new car has a little less of the "go-cart" feel of the GD's, but it has more comfort. I can and will build the "go-cart" feel into the GD, and I can accept the unfortunate styling changes.

I agree with a lot of the GD owner criticisms of the GE models, but I don't think that the changes make it a bad car. BOTH models are much better than the other brands in their class and price range.

But old design owners hating the new design just because it is different is as stupid and ignorant as being a bigot concerning the differences between people.

Old 01-25-2009, 11:43 AM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Its no different from any other car forum. When something new comes out the people with the originals dont like what replaces it.

Ive driven an auto GE. Compared to an auto GD its a lot better as far as power and transmission feel.
I hate the look of the GE though. Dont like the interior. Looks too rugged, like Im in a truck.

Old 01-25-2009, 12:24 PM
I started liking the Fits when I started seeing the GDs tuned by J's Racing, Spoon and N1 Concepts in magazines and web articles. When I entered the market for a new car, I was a little disappointed that the GEs were already out. From a strictly visual perspective and in stock form... I really feel the GDs are way better. It wasn't until I saw pictures of tuned GEs that I was like... "wow... they look pretty good."

Anyway... I'm enjoying my GE and will drop it and throw some new rims on it as soon as I can to improve its looks. Maybe some GD owners really think their car is better. Maybe some GD owners are hating whatever is new and the fact that they don't have it. GD owners can talk smack about the GEs all they want... doesn't bother me one bit. Like I said... in stock form... I even think GDs look better.

People just need to relax.

Old 01-25-2009, 01:03 PM
5 Year Member
its better than an aveo....

Old 01-25-2009, 01:04 PM
Hmmmmmmmmm

Old 01-25-2009, 01:42 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by drunkvabiker
its better than an aveo....
So is a Bicycle.

Old 01-25-2009, 02:33 PM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
well, i drive a gd3 but i like the ge8 too. i'm not down with all the hating either but eh...it's the internet i guess. so don't worry about it.

Old 01-25-2009, 02:40 PM
5 Year Member
I just wish the GE8 owners would realize that those who rag on the new Fit are doing it partially because there's a certain degree of jealousy about the new features that have been added. I like the look of my GD3 way better, but I'd sure like an armrest, map lights, dead pedal and more power stock.

Not saying I'm a closet GE8 lover but it makes you subconsciously resentful seeing all the new toys in an ugly box. It's always the way.

Old 01-25-2009, 02:57 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by secondspassed
I just wish the GE8 owners would realize that those who rag on the new Fit are doing it partially because there's a certain degree of jealousy about the new features that have been added. I like the look of my GD3 way better, but I'd sure like an armrest, map lights, dead pedal and more power stock.

Not saying I'm a closet GE8 lover but it makes you subconsciously resentful seeing all the new toys in an ugly box. It's always the way.

while it may be true, that is absolutely NO excuse for the way some people have ragged on the ge.

the ge is a great car, as is the gd, and the improvement cannot be denied.

some people will try to play the 'performance' or 'mod-ability' card, but the fact of the matter is that that is not a good argument because its not something honda has to take into consideration when building a new car.

personally, i would love to have a nice nav equipped ge as a daily and have my little honda hot rod for the weekend.

but as it goes, my gd will be both.

the ge is a great car. the haters hate because they have nothing better to do. seriously. some people LOVE to do it. i think its sad, but whatever floats thier boat. just hit the ignore button.

Old 01-25-2009, 03:00 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by I Am Ray.
Its no different from any other car forum. When something new comes out the people with the originals dont like what replaces it.

Ive driven an auto GE. Compared to an auto GD its a lot better as far as power and transmission feel.
I hate the look of the GE though. Dont like the interior. Looks too rugged, like Im in a truck.
i thought you LOVE UGLY cars ray =P

Originally Posted by qbmurderer13
Ive noticed GD3 owners around here cant stand the GE8's for whatever reason they can find. Whats with all the hate amongst fellow Fit owners? Why not appreciate what both models have, have your likes and dislikes, and leave it at that. Why go around on every GE thread posting about why the GD is so much better in your opinion? Why seperate the Fit crowd into 2 sides rather than stick together as one...?

ehh its a whatever to me too cuss i once hated the new look of the 05-09 RSX compare to the old one 02-04 but i grew liking the new ones but i would still perfer the older ones... like i said on most of the thread that people usually say about the new GE... "i like the new GE8s... but i just LOVE the GD3s alot more" =) i dont hate... i love imports to domestics =P wait thats kinda a different story but its kinda similar =P

Old 01-25-2009, 03:04 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by eldaino
while it may be true, that is absolutely NO excuse for the way some people have ragged on the ge.

some people will try to play the 'performance' or 'mod-ability' card, but the fact of the matter is that that is not a good argument because its not something honda has to take into consideration when building a new car.

personally, i would love to have a nice nav equipped ge as a daily and have my little honda hot rod for the weekend.

but as it goes, my gd will be both.

the ge is a great car. the haters hate because they have nothing better to do. seriously. some people LOVE to do it. i think its sad, but whatever floats thier boat. just hit the ignore button.
yep tahts what i do to "hit ignore button" even GD owners talk smack on GD owners so it doesnt really matter.... GD or GE... so its not GD FTW or GE FTW... or GD>GE or GD<GE... its GD=GE/FIT FTW! =)

Old 01-25-2009, 03:25 PM
5 Year Member
Like others have said u will see it with every car forum when the new model comes out it ethier like it or hate it. I know when the evos 10 came out and i had a VIII i hated those guys but in the end i like all fits but love mine

Old 01-25-2009, 03:28 PM
5 Year Member
I enjoy this thread. As a seven year owner of a 2002 Honda S2000, now my beloved Garage Queen, I have been witness on s2ki.com, to a similar barrage of opinions on the AP1 vs. AP2 versions.

In a nutshell, the AP1 (2003 and earlier) has the 2.0 liter, 237 hp engine which produces 237 hp at 8300 rpm, and has a 9000 rpm redline. The later AP2 model lengthens the engine's stroke to obtain 2.2 liters, and the same 237 hp with greater torque at lower rpm. Ah,but the redline is reduced to only 8200 rpm. AP1 purists love their cars, and disdain the measly 8200 rpm ninny of an AP2 engine. AP2 lovers appreciate that their engines are somewhat more flexible and drivable under everyday conditions.

In the words of a great but nameless philosopher: "Opinions are like a##holes; everybody has one."

Old 01-25-2009, 03:28 PM
5 Year Member
I agree, some people are just jealous. But most GD owners just really love the GD for what it is. Personally I think the modded GE's on the forum look pretty gangster, but I'm still more fond of the GD. I had a choice between the 08 or an 09, but i still got the 08 because the GD is the gen that attracted me to the Fit. Another reason i think most people like the GD more is because its what we all have known the Fit to be, the "original Fit"(for the members who have been on this forum the longest). The GE came later, and there would be no GE without the GD.

Last edited by AnlDyxp_GD3; 01-25-2009 at 03:30 PM.
Old 01-25-2009, 04:05 PM
5 Year Member
I bought my GD in April 2008 knowing that the new model was coming out soon. People asked me, "Why don't you wait for the 2009's?" I told them that I thought that they were too round weird looking for my taste, and that I'd rather have the first generation Fit. Til this day the overall image of the GE's still haven't grown on me like I thought it would. I don't hate it, but I just feel that my GD is better.

I know for sure that the GE has things that I wish the GD had: armrest, steering wheel, probably quieter and comfier ride... But overall the car hasn't been dramatically upgraded from the 1st Gen, which is why there's probably so much hate going around. It's not superior, therefore the GD is still a champ. Refresh mode (aka Baby Making Mode) FTW!

Originally Posted by AnlDyxp_GD3
The GE came later, and there would be no GE without the GD.
You said it, brother.

Old 01-25-2009, 04:21 PM
wdb
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by eldaino
Oh come on now, don't be so quick to dismiss humans' capacity for denial!
I don't know how much Honda takes it into consideration, but I'd be shocked if it did not come up for discussion at all. That being said, the GD was largely unchanged for 7 years; that's a long time to come up with mods. As the GE matures, the mods will come.
You're probably right that there are people who purposely dis the GE and enjoy doing so. It's certainly true on the STi board I frequent (and moderate); the new generation hatches are truly despised by some, and they look for opportunities to tell people. It got so bad that several have gotten themselves tossed off the forum for it. It's much, much lighter here! Take heart in that; Fit owners in general seem to be much more easy going than other enthusiast groups I have been around.

Quick Reply: Whats with the GE8 hate?