General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Official Honda Msrp For Fit

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2006, 03:57 PM
The complete text from Honda http://hondanews.com/CatID2150?mid=2...51996&mime=asc
gave the prices as at the top of this thread, but also gave the "Base" with no mention of its audio system, and the "sprt" with the 160 watt. Misprints, I hope!

Bill L

Old 03-20-2006, 04:09 PM
My dealer told me 2 months ago that the sport with AT would be just change shy of 16K - guess he was right...

Old 03-20-2006, 04:32 PM
Hmm, $1320 premium to get the sport...

how much do I really want cruise control?

$13,850 is not a bad price.

Old 03-20-2006, 04:47 PM
Hello to everyone on this forum. This is my first post here.

I was wondering if you could buy a base Fit and have the dealership add cruise control, keyless entry and possibly the Ipod connection. That would be exactly what I would go for.

Old 03-20-2006, 04:48 PM
$16k is a little more than I think I'd want to pay for this thing. I could get a pretty solid used S2000 or MR-S for that. The real clincher for me on the sport is the paddle shifters, I just can't see owning a small-displacement automatic car without some sort of tiptronic, I'd go nuts.

I don't think I'd pay more than about $14k for a Sport 5AT, there are just too many other choices out there. Shame, because I was really excited about this little car.

Old 03-20-2006, 05:27 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by hen88
I was wondering if you could buy a base Fit and have the dealership add cruise control, keyless entry and possibly the Ipod connection. That would be exactly what I would go for.
The dealership can add keyless entry and the "ipod connection" on the Fit Base, which is not to be confused with the MP3/Aux Input that comes with the Fit Sport. It is unlikely that the dealer will be able to add OEM cruise control considering that the controls are on the steering wheel. I guess they could use an aftermarket type, but it wouldnt look as nice as the cruise control on the Sport.

But personally, I think the Fit Sport is a deal. It only costs $1320 more than the Base. Keyless entry retails for $149. The security system that comes with the keyless entry retails for $165. If they install aftermarket cruise, I'll estimate that would cost $100 for the parts. Factor in labor for all three, and that would add lets say $300. Thats a total of around $700.

I'd rather get the Sport for $600 more then what you would pay for your Fit Base with dealer added accesories and get the body kit w/ roof spoiler, fogs, 15" rims/tires, leather steering wheel, 2 more speakers and 40 more watts, mp3/wma capability, and so on.

Last edited by corey415; 03-20-2006 at 05:31 PM.
Old 03-20-2006, 05:49 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by HashiriyaS14
$16k is a little more than I think I'd want to pay for this thing. I could get a pretty solid used S2000 or MR-S for that. The real clincher for me on the sport is the paddle shifters, I just can't see owning a small-displacement automatic car without some sort of tiptronic, I'd go nuts.

I don't think I'd pay more than about $14k for a Sport 5AT, there are just too many other choices out there. Shame, because I was really excited about this little car.
Why are you comparing used sports cars to a new econobox; that's apples and oranges mang

But the price of the Fit Sport 5AT is very reasonable I think from a respectable brand like Honda. What other 5 door hatch offers as much as the Fit for a lesser price? True, the Koreans do, but I personally I dont trust the Koreans yet...

BTW the Scion Xa has an MSRP of $16129 when you add the 4AT (which is only 4 gears and isnt tiptronic), 15 inch alloys w/tires, Side/side curtain airbags, Scion Security, rear spoiler, and fogs. You get side mirror turn signals, but you cant get cruise controls so thats a wash. And that is the "Scion Pure Price"; so you cant even bargain with that price.

Old 03-20-2006, 05:52 PM
I would only pay that price for a sunroof and cvt.

Old 03-20-2006, 05:56 PM
Originally Posted by b17gsr
The current top of the line 2006 Accent GSi has 2 airbags compared to the 6 in the Fit. The Accent is not available with ABS, no EBC, not available with cruise control, not available with paddle shifting, consumes more gas, has less useable interior space.

Sure it it’s cheaper, but you get less for your money. Also, used Hyundai Accents resale value is horrible in my area. Depends on what you think is more important, more features and better resale value, or initial price.
Wrong, wrong, wrong.

If you go to www.allnewaccent.com you will see that the forthcoming Accent GS and SE 3-door has:

Accent GS 3-door

Standard Features:
-Dual front Advanced Technology airbags
-Front seat-mounted side impact airbags
-Roof-mounted side-impact airbags
-Variable intermittent windshield wipers
-60/40 split fold-down rear seatback
-Driver-seat armrest
-Tachometer
-8-way adjustable drivers seat
-Dual front cupholders
-Rear spolier
-Adjustable head restraints for all seating positions
-Tilt steering wheel
-Rear coat hook
-Side marker lamps

Preferred Package:
-Airconditioning and AM/FM/CD audio system with equalizer, 6 speakers and 172 watts

Premium Package:
-Air conditioning
-AM/FM/CD audio system with equalizer, 6 speakers and 172 watts
-Power windows
-Power Door Locks
-Heated power mirrors
-Remote keyless entry system with alarm

Accent SE 3-door

Standard Features:
Includes all Accent GS 3-door standard equipment plus:
-Sport-tuned suspension
-Anti-lock Braking System (ABS with Electronic Brake Force Distribution (EBD)
-4-wheel disc brakes
-16-in. alloy wheels
-P205/45VR16 V-rated tires
-Fog lights
-Tinted Glass w/windshield shade band
-Bodycolored exterior trim
-Rear wiper
-Metallic interiror trim
-Air conditioning
-Power windows
-Power door locks
-Heated power mirrors
-Remote keyless entry system
-Leather wrapped steering wheel and shift knob
-Dual illuminated visor vanity mirrors
-Sport cloth seating surfaces
-Front seatback pockets
-AM/FM/CD audio system with equalizer, 6 speakers and 172 watts

Optional Equipment:
Sun & Sound Package
-Power sunroof
-Interior map light
-Premium AM/FM/cassette/6-disc CD audio system with 230 watts

You are correct that Paddle shifting and Cruise Control will not be available, but the new Accent has standard or available equipment that the Fit won't have such as 4-wheel disc brakes, and power sunroof.

The mileage is reported to be the same at 38 MPG highway, and the powertrain includes a 1.6L 110 HP four cylinder.

Base price is reported to be approximately $12k.

Also, you can take it from this:

To this:

Old 03-20-2006, 06:08 PM
Someone that spends his life on FitFreak.net
That 2007 Accent will be interesting to see. I'm not liking the exterior, I see Tiburon in it, and for me, that's not a compliment. Here's hoping they did wonders with the ride quality and overall feel, I wasn't impressed with the current version.

Will they offer it in a 5 door? Many people need a 5 door. That 3 door looks tiny. Odds are that Accent SE will be selling for more than the Fit Sport, especially with the power sunroof.

Old 03-20-2006, 06:09 PM
I actually think that the Sport Package itself is a pretty good deal, but it's the 5AT that's killing me.

I mean, at $16k MSRP, I wonder what they'll really be selling for in a year or so, maybe $14.5K? I guess I'll have to wait and see, I may still get one if I drive it and I'm enamored enough, but if I could have a sub-50k S2000 for the same change, I'd have to think REALLY long and hard about it.

Old 03-20-2006, 06:20 PM
I'm new to this game but have begun looking at the Fit and the Yaris for commuter mpg.How would you compare the two?The Hyundai is out due to owners that I work with have been in for some serious maintinance at 70k . Which made me wonder does the Fit /Yaris require timing belt replacement like the Hyundai? Or not like my wife's mazda3.

Old 03-20-2006, 06:23 PM
5 Year Member
Fit has a timing chain.

Yaris is a 3 door hatch. Has a low base price, but when comparably equipped to the Fit the prices are similar. Trunk space with seats up on the Yaris is small; around 12 cubic feet compared to around 21 cubic feet for the Fit. Also, it has an atrocious center mounted Instrument Panel.

One thing that the Yaris has is that it is built on a newer platform; it scored higher in the EuroNCAP crash test due to the newer, safer build structure.

Last edited by corey415; 03-20-2006 at 06:28 PM.
Old 03-20-2006, 06:25 PM
Originally Posted by b17gsr
That 2007 Accent will be interesting to see. I'm not liking the exterior, I see Tiburon in it, and for me, that's not a compliment. Here's hoping they did wonders with the ride quality and overall feel, I wasn't impressed with the current version.

Will they offer it in a 5 door? Many people need a 5 door. That 3 door looks tiny. Odds are that Accent SE will be selling for more than the Fit Sport, especially with the power sunroof.
I am not all that enamored by the factory exterior, but the Accent SR concept (bottom image) looks very cool. Hyundai claims the Accent SR will not go to production, but the Accent SR demonstrates what can be done with this car when after-market body kits become available.

At this point no 5-door is planned, so that would be a limiting factor if that is a need. I personally don't need a 5-door, but I do want a hatchback.

The power sunroof is not standard on the SE, but even if it was, I don't think the Accent SE would sell for more than the Sport Fit because Japanese automobile manufacturers pay more per hour for labor to build a car than Korean automobile manufacturers do.

Old 03-20-2006, 06:27 PM
Originally Posted by mriz
I'm new to this game but have begun looking at the Fit and the Yaris for commuter mpg.How would you compare the two?The Hyundai is out due to owners that I work with have been in for some serious maintinance at 70k . Which made me wonder does the Fit /Yaris require timing belt replacement like the Hyundai? Or not like my wife's mazda3.
Which year Hyundai do they have?

Old 03-20-2006, 06:32 PM
Originally Posted by HashiriyaS14
I actually think that the Sport Package itself is a pretty good deal, but it's the 5AT that's killing me.

I mean, at $16k MSRP, I wonder what they'll really be selling for in a year or so, maybe $14.5K? I guess I'll have to wait and see, I may still get one if I drive it and I'm enamored enough, but if I could have a sub-50k S2000 for the same change, I'd have to think REALLY long and hard about it.
I have to wait and see how much the 2007 Hyundai Accent costs (should have pricing soon because it is scheduled to be available in May I think), but if I can talk them down to $14k on a Sport Fit 5AT, I would probably buy it.

For all you scoffers who think I'm crazy if I think I can get a Sport Fit 5AT for $14k, you've basically just eliminated your own potential to get that car for that price. I have a far better chance of getting that price if I think I can, than those of you who won't even try.

Old 03-20-2006, 06:35 PM
Originally Posted by DewaltDakota
I know there's been discussion regarding whether or not a US citizen could go up to Canada to get the Fit DX, but what about a Canadian coming down to the US to pick up a cheaper LX/Base? Would it be cheaper for them?

Maybe we can negotiate a trade ... say cheaper prescription drugs for a cheaper car?

Can't, any car imported into Canada has to be older than 4 years. Unless you are an Americian with a new car moving to live in Canada. Also, Add 7% GST 7% PST and a 6.5% duty at the border. Then you have to safety it...omg it goes on and and on and on.......

Old 03-20-2006, 06:37 PM
Originally Posted by kps
The Canadian version of the US base is the LX (not the DX) which is $17180 / $18380, so we in Canada are being asked for $1000 extra all around.
But we get to live in Canada, with all the "free" health care us Canadians waste. Free? LOL

Old 03-20-2006, 07:23 PM
Originally Posted by JazzFusion
I have to wait and see how much the 2007 Hyundai Accent costs (should have pricing soon because it is scheduled to be available in May I think), but if I can talk them down to $14k on a Sport Fit 5AT, I would probably buy it.

For all you scoffers who think I'm crazy if I think I can get a Sport Fit 5AT for $14k, you've basically just eliminated your own potential to get that car for that price. I have a far better chance of getting that price if I think I can, than those of you who won't even try.

If you can get the sport for $14K, buy two (one for me!) I'd do that in a minute!

Old 03-20-2006, 07:31 PM
Originally Posted by peteski
If you can get the sport for $14K, buy two (one for me!) I'd do that in a minute!
If I can get one for $14k I will definitely let you know, and also what I had to do to get it for that price.

I have to wait for my bonus, so I won't be making any deals with them until early July.

Quick Reply: Official Honda Msrp For Fit