General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

FIT TEST DRIVE - Saskatoon.

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2006, 09:43 PM
FIT TEST DRIVE - Saskatoon.

Finally got into dealer to test drive a FIT...AMAZING CAR ! I drove a red LX, Auto, tons of room - I am 6'2'' - 215 lbs., handling on this car is superb !
Very quiet on highway, with auto. tranny revs @ 2600 rpm at 120 km/hr ( 72 mph for my american friends).
I had 4-6" clearance for headroom and 6-8" from knees to dash -
Wierd quirk - dim the dash lights - you get a "beep" - took me by surprise - only beeps once - only on dim function. ? ? ?

Putting front seats back from standing outside of car - clever little release at the top of the seats - Honda engineering reigns supreme here !

Passing on the highway - no worries...this car has plenty of zip - I have driven the Aveo, Wave, Yaris, Swift - (All in the last week) Interior, handling, and performance, Honda rates above the rest - way ahead !

Interior is very well laid out (Um, Yaris engineers take note, and go back to the drawing board) and the seats are really comfortable - tons of storage areas and bottle holders. Big glove box for tons of stuff.

As gas here went up 7.5 cents a litre today, (105.8) I will ditching the CRV and getting a silver LX auto...14" wheels were ok - no SPORT in stock here to drive...16" wheels on this will make one sweet ride !

Just my 2 cents...

Anyone wanna buy a CRV ?

SaskFitFreak

Old 03-30-2006, 11:25 PM
5 Year Member
Good show! I'm glad you mentioned your size as I was dis. when I sat in a
manual LX. Did you have any trouble with your left elbow and steering? I felt cramped against the door. Maybe the seat was too upright and I was sitting wrong. Did not get even a sniff for a test drive so maybe that will be better.
Have been searching the Aussie sites for diff. seat rails in case.

Old 03-31-2006, 03:14 AM
5 Year Member
Thank you for the review.

Old 03-31-2006, 07:56 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by saskfitfreak
Finally got into dealer to test drive a FIT...AMAZING CAR ! I drove a red LX, Auto, tons of room - I am 6'2'' - 215 lbs., handling on this car is superb !
Very quiet on highway, with auto. tranny revs @ 2600 rpm at 120 km/hr ( 72 mph for my american friends).
I had 4-6" clearance for headroom and 6-8" from knees to dash -
Wierd quirk - dim the dash lights - you get a "beep" - took me by surprise - only beeps once - only on dim function. ? ? ?

Putting front seats back from standing outside of car - clever little release at the top of the seats - Honda engineering reigns supreme here !

Passing on the highway - no worries...this car has plenty of zip - I have driven the Aveo, Wave, Yaris, Swift - (All in the last week) Interior, handling, and performance, Honda rates above the rest - way ahead !

Interior is very well laid out (Um, Yaris engineers take note, and go back to the drawing board) and the seats are really comfortable - tons of storage areas and bottle holders. Big glove box for tons of stuff.

As gas here went up 7.5 cents a litre today, (105.8) I will ditching the CRV and getting a silver LX auto...14" wheels were ok - no SPORT in stock here to drive...16" wheels on this will make one sweet ride !

Just my 2 cents...

Anyone wanna buy a CRV ?

SaskFitFreak

Thanks for a great review! I carpool with a former football player who said he has to buy bigger vehicles. He fit well into my Accord wagon, is scrunching into my daughter's borrowed Camry, and I can tell he's a little worried about fitting into the Fit. No worries! I was concerned that the Fit would be noisy on the highway (long commute to work every day). The only complaint Consumer Reports seemed to have about Hondas, no matter which model, was "road noise." The CR-V I test drove was fine until I got it out on I-95. Glad to hear the Fit had a quiet ride.

Old 03-31-2006, 01:42 PM
Like they said previously; I'm glad you mentioned your size. Those of us over 6" and the 200lb mark can have a reference point. I'm assuming it has tilt steering wheel, but with our arms being longer than most, did it have parascopic adjustments?(that's for the shorter people)