General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Do You LOVE The FIT??? Then DEFEND The FIT...!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2006, 01:05 PM
kps
Honda Fit Forums Moderator
It's hard to make a joke on the internet; I apologize for giving offense. While inspired by Mav's quotes from another forum, I would not have considered it applying to anyone here, and in general not to people who are actually car enthusiasts; it's a perfectly reasonable hobby, though it happens not to be mine.

Old 04-04-2006, 01:40 PM
mav
Originally Posted by singsing
Well regarding these s2000 owners who are criticizing the image of the fit -
A lot of people who drive a sports car are more concerned with an impressive image in the first place. I don't think a happily married man (like myself) typically drives a car like the s2k. Its about impressing women. Its about impressing in general. The fit is of a totally different mindset. Its not about impressing anybody. To me the fit is very minimalist. What ever happened to good old simplicity.
I'm happily married and didn't buy my S2000 to impress anyone, well, other than myself. Its an excellent automobile and I enjoy driving it immensely.

Old 04-04-2006, 01:45 PM
mav
Originally Posted by f64
I'm not sure what reality you live in, but I never had a girl care one bit about what I drive. It must be my wit and charm that's getting me by.

This girl loves the Fit and the fact I'm going to drive one. I think you under estimate some women. This one loves the Fit, and probably couldn't tell the difference between an S2000 or the Fit except the S2000 is too small. Maybe I'll post her in the Fit babe of the week thread with my Fit when I get it.
Hey f64, learn to read.

Those quotes are what OTHER S2000 owners said about the Fit, not what I said, although I do think they're funny. I simply posted them to show you people that not everyone, including other Honda owners, like the Fit.

And as for your girl not being able to tell the difference between the Fit and the S2000, are you basically trying to tell us that she's the typical blonde? Hopefully shes smarter than that...

Old 04-04-2006, 01:56 PM
Someone that spends his life on FitFreak.net
Can I sell them CD-ROMs?

Doesn't matter, there's always someone picking on every kind of car.

Now where did I park my Bugatti Veyron...

Old 04-04-2006, 02:00 PM
f64
Originally Posted by mav
Hey f64, learn to read.

Those quotes are what OTHER S2000 owners said about the Fit, not what I said, although I do think they're funny. I simply posted them to show you people that not everyone, including other Honda owners, like the Fit.

And as for your girl not being able to tell the difference between the Fit and the S2000, are you basically trying to tell us that she's the typical blonde? Hopefully shes smarter than that...
Okay, I'm not sure what reality "they" live in. It's not really a question of smarts. As I said, she would look at the S2000 and say "Too small". She could care less about all the fine engineering that went into it. It's more just a complete apathy about cars other than what they can do and what utility they have to offer. She would look at the S2000 and see it as absolutely useless. She looks at the Fit and marvels that she can get all of her music gear in it and it gets her to her gig at 38mpg. She wouldn't be the slightest bit interested in a guy because he had the S2000. I've never met one of these girls that are in awe of the guy in a flashy sports car myself.

The S2000 is a very fine roadster (probably the best on the market), though at 20,000 the new Si is a worthy competitor even to the S2000.

Last edited by f64; 04-04-2006 at 11:08 PM.
Old 04-04-2006, 10:31 PM
5 Year Member
Hey CarDemon: Next time try not to hold back. Please tell us how you really feel! BTW: I agree 100%

Mav: My girlfriend loves the Fit, and can't wait until I can get one. See my avatar for what I drive when I need speed. It'll smoke your S2k, and gets better mileage than the Fit or any hybrid. Unfortunately, the golf clubs don't fit, though .

Old 04-04-2006, 10:35 PM
Jerk!

Originally Posted by mav
IMAGE DELETED
Everytime I see this post it pisses me off, how old are you-5?

Last edited by FaceYogurt; 04-06-2006 at 07:02 AM.
Old 04-04-2006, 10:43 PM
5 Year Member
With respects, the Civic can not compete or be compared with the S2000 for one simple reason: Front-wheel drive. No matter how good they make it, nothing beats a good power-slide.

Old 04-05-2006, 01:52 AM
Originally Posted by mav
I'm happily married and didn't buy my S2000 to impress anyone, well, other than myself. Its an excellent automobile and I enjoy driving it immensely.
yes, i of course didnt mean to imply all s2k owners were of the impressing nature. i highly respect those who appreciate what the s2k really is.

Old 04-05-2006, 05:44 AM
mav
Originally Posted by oldspark
Everytime I see this post it pisses me off, how old are you-5?
Why, are you "special"?

Old 04-05-2006, 07:17 AM
Actually that picture is a friggin hillarious classic.
Mu-ha-ha-ha-ha!

Old 04-05-2006, 07:25 AM
I'm gonna go back to being Canadian now.

( With my toque and plaid jacket on in the igloo..,I open up a can of beer and check the ice-fishing rod set-up. I mutter to myself..,"arguing and proving your right to the world is for americans.")

Old 04-05-2006, 12:44 PM
f64
Originally Posted by CarDemon
I'm gonna go back to being Canadian now.

( With my toque and plaid jacket on in the igloo..,I open up a can of beer and check the ice-fishing rod set-up. I mutter to myself..,"arguing and proving your right to the world is for americans.")
It's our heritage..........that and buffets anyway.

Old 04-05-2006, 02:11 PM
i've been a lurker on fitfreks for a long time now and have read some of mav's negative posts. mav you give some good info but you're jerk most of the time! you keep rambling on about your s2k and m3 like you're trying to impress people here. no one cares about your cars or how much money it cost you. i even doubt you have a s2k and m3 if you do post pics of them. thats $90 grand in cars that most can't afford unless you make like way over six figures a year. jerks like you just like to put people down and show off their $$$$. and you post about what other s2k owners say about the fit, here is what you posted.

posted by mav aka jerk on s2ki -

Fortunately or unfortunately, depending on how you look at it, my wife may get one soon. In its segment, the Fit rocks but when compared to other cars, its a joke. I used to like the Fit much more, but now I don't know. From the profile side view, it looks like a cheap Aveo. I guess I would drive it only as a daily driver but I wouldn't be caught dead pulling up to a 5 star restaurant or going to South Beach in one.

OT: Has anyone seen the Fit forum? Fitfreaks.net. Its pretty funny there, even though they don't mean to be funny. People post shit like the Fit is as fast as an NSX, the Fit is a gas guzzler because it doesn't put out 60MPG, MSRP, even MSRP + $1,000 is a good price for the Fit, the Fit is a limited production car since Honda is only shipping 50,000 of them the first year and comparisons of the Fit's paddle shifters to the M3's SMG! Just yesterday a couple of them were bashing S2000 owners... "A lot of people who drive a sports car are more concerned with an impressive image in the first place. I don't think a happily married man (like myself) typically drives a car like the s2k. Its about impressing women. Its about impressing in general." Jealous fockers.
this proves that you're a jerk! and making fun of retarded people is so wrong you jerk!

Old 04-05-2006, 02:19 PM
Fear not for the internet reveals all!

Old 04-05-2006, 02:46 PM
f64
It's a small world Mav. You think the net is so huge, things won't get back?

Old 04-05-2006, 03:08 PM
mav
Originally Posted by fitforlifester
i've been a lurker on fitfreks for a long time now and have read some of mav's negative posts. mav you give some good info but you're jerk most of the time! you keep rambling on about your s2k and m3 like you're trying to impress people here. no one cares about your cars or how much money it cost you. i even doubt you have a s2k and m3 if you do post pics of them. thats $90 grand in cars that most can't afford unless you make like way over six figures a year. jerks like you just like to put people down and show off their $$$$. and you post about what other s2k owners say about the fit, here is what you posted.

posted by mav aka jerk on s2ki -

this proves that you're a jerk! and making fun of retarded people is so wrong you jerk!

I've said the same things here before... nothing new. The Fit does look like an Aveo from the side. I did like the Fit a lot more a year ago when I took photos of the JDM version when it was in Miami during a commercial shoot but now I'm not too sure about the USDM version. The base is plain jane and the sport looks kinda tacky. And yes this forum is filled with newbies and idiots with little to no knowledge.

And oh heres a few photos of my S2000 and M3...

- the jerk

Old 04-05-2006, 03:10 PM
5 Year Member
:: grabbing popcorn, and taking a seat on the sidelines ::

Old 04-05-2006, 03:44 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fitforlifester
liar!! those pics look photchopped! face it you dont have a s2k or m3 you jerk! you probably drive a tricycle. lol i went to your website tommy-chinchungchink-chang.net saw your pics and you look like a monkey. asian punks like you suck. you think you own everything but you don't. i'm a police officer in tn and i love pulling you chinks over to arrest your yellow buts!
Dear fitforlifester,

Please refrain from using "racist" remarks. That has NOTHING to do with this discussion. It is offensive and uncalled for.

Also, who cares what other people on this forum own/drive. Why does it matter to you?

Last edited by corey415; 04-05-2006 at 03:46 PM.
Old 04-05-2006, 04:05 PM
Fitforlifester: If you want to contribute to this forum, I suggest you keep your racist sentiments to yourself. I found your remarks to be uncalled for and offensive as well.

Note to Forums Administrator
: Please investigate whether the above comments by fitforlifster contravene any forum rules, and administer appropriate remedy. Thank you.

Quick Reply: Do You LOVE The FIT??? Then DEFEND The FIT...!!!