General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

why do big trucks keep riding my bumper

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2009, 08:31 PM
5 Year Member

It annoys me soo much. Every day i have some asshat redneck in their pos lifted truck tailgate me. I love leaving them behind in the corners. It just pisses me off the cops aren't ticketing these tailgating bast**d's. I hope their steering racks, or suspension systems fail. These guys in their retarded lifted trucks need to be charged 8 bucks a liter for gas.

Old 03-07-2009, 08:49 PM
5 Year Member
hey man we drive small cars..ofcourse these bigger cars think they can ride our ass all day. its ridiculous

Old 03-07-2009, 08:52 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
You kinda get used to it after a while. They get a kick out of riding our tails and thinking look at that tiny car
run.

Cat :x

Old 03-07-2009, 08:54 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah I have that happen to me a lot too, probably because I try to keep it at only 5 miles over the speed limit, which is fairly reasonable. To deal with them, you can either just keep ignoring them or slow down more and they will just change lanes and continue speeding off carelessly. The only time I would give them some passage is if maybe it's like a 2 lane road and two cars are traveling at the same speed blocking faster traffic.

I had someone tailgate me for like a mile until they got frustrated, changed lanes, and as soon as they sped off FURIOUSLY, a hiding motorcycle cop pulls out and busted them.

Old 03-07-2009, 09:02 PM
5 Year Member
Maybe it's because you have a nice ass

Old 03-07-2009, 10:05 PM
Banned
it's not just with the Fit, in my G i get tailgated not stop by big trucks...

Old 03-07-2009, 10:15 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by matt4.2
Because the are JERKS!
Don't let it bother you though.... thats what THEY want!

Old 03-07-2009, 10:18 PM
ya i get that a lot too, but also at stop lights big trucks get extremely close to my car and its scary

Old 03-07-2009, 11:00 PM
5 Year Member
It's also an illusion due to the short length of the car, the vertical angle of the hatch window and the fact that there's no trunk. Just after the rear glass is the end of the car. So it LOOKS like someone's really riding your ass but if you got out and looked at the distance it's not as close. The same is true for the front. You think you're about to hit that car or wall in front of you but when you get out and look you're nowhere near as close as you thought.

Old 03-07-2009, 11:04 PM
spoon fed
5 Year Member
here is a little tip for you.... spoon helps you move forward at a quicker pace so they cant tailgate you.

Old 03-07-2009, 11:12 PM
5 Year Member
simple... they all have tiny weenies... they feel the need to compensate for their size and be morons... and they choose the guy(or girl) with the small car...

Old 03-08-2009, 12:30 AM
Someone that spends her life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by matt4.2
It annoys me soo much. Every day i have some asshat redneck in their pos lifted truck tailgate me. I love leaving them behind in the corners. It just pisses me off the cops aren't ticketing these tailgating bast**d's. I hope their steering racks, or suspension systems fail. These guys in their retarded lifted trucks need to be charged 8 bucks a liter for gas.
They've heard so much about the FIT and the stuff that will fit in the FIT they are trying to see if their truck will fit in the FIT.

Or, maybe they are trying to see what kind of car it is, and have to get up real close to read "FIT".

Just remember to wave as you drive past them at the gas station.

Old 03-08-2009, 01:18 AM
Touched by his noodly appendage
I get that all the time. I have fun with it though. I keep getting slower and slower, when they try and pass me I floor it. Leave them in the dust then go back to normal speed. As they pass me all pissed off I just smile and wave Theyre usually flipping me off by that point though.

Old 03-08-2009, 01:31 AM
5 Year Member
Its funny that I found this. Funny story for you. But to answer your question in preface to my story, they have penis envy.

I got off work at midnight, and its Saturday so everyone is out going to the clubs, except me. No big deal, I have more important things to do, like come home and post this story. So I stop at the gas station to fill up on the way home. The place is packed. People being loud and obnoxious, almost had some drunk tart back into me, you get the point. I filled my tank and moved my car to let someone else in. I no more than had gotten the car parked than this big lifted truck with four guys in it pull up next to me with their windows down, just glaring at me. As I am getting out of the car I can hear the two guys in the back seat snickering to each other.

Whatever. I go to walk away and lock the car MEEP!! Thats apparently too much for them because they just bust out laughing. So I finally decided to bite. I looked at them and politely asked, "Is something funny?"

The guy on the drivers side says, "I was just wondering why you would drive such a little bitch car." Without missing a beat and looking him dead in the eye I said "Im compensating for my huge dick. Any reason why you are riding bitch in a huge truck with a bunch of dudes?"

He stopped laughing and didnt answer. Maybe its that I look so unassuming, or the fact that I refuse to take it, but nothing more was said as I walked inside. When I came out they were gone. Moral of the story: penis envy and posturing only works on people who think its scary.
PS I dont know how it is where you live, but in Ohio, the cops are more than willing to come to you if you phone in a complaint of someone driving dangerously close to you. Nothing is more satisfying than to see someone who is tailgating you get pulled over and ticketed while you drive on.

Old 03-08-2009, 04:23 AM
5 Year Member
When people do that to me I just ease off the gas so that I go even slower. They usually just switch lanes and pass me up.

Old 03-08-2009, 05:06 AM
5 Year Member
For me its not just trucks.
It's everyone.
Everyone rides my ass when I'm driving or inches insanely close to me at a light, and I've gotten used to the back bumper so i know its not me being neurotic.
I'm pretty sure even my gf has gotten sick of me bitching about it all day. :]

Old 03-08-2009, 09:59 AM
5 Year Member
when they are so close you can not see their headlights out the back window they are too close.... and too high up, but hey if the hit me, they get sued.... lets see how big their penis is in court! lol

Old 03-08-2009, 11:12 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by qbmurderer13
I get that all the time. I have fun with it though. I keep getting slower and slower, when they try and pass me I floor it. Leave them in the dust then go back to normal speed. As they pass me all pissed off I just smile and wave Theyre usually flipping me off by that point though.
That is my personal definition of STONE STUPID. Keep f***ing around with them like that and one of them is going to bust a cap or intentionally run you off the road. I've seen it happen too often to count.

Just slow down, get over to the right side of the lane and let the moron pass.

Old 03-08-2009, 04:08 PM
If that happened to me too often, I would install a brake light hand switch that I could trigger at any moment even with out the brakes. It would give me great joy to scare the living shit out of them as they rushed forward to tailgate.

Old 03-08-2009, 08:40 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by CrystalFiveMT
It's also an illusion due to the short length of the car, the vertical angle of the hatch window and the fact that there's no trunk. Just after the rear glass is the end of the car. So it LOOKS like someone's really riding your ass but if you got out and looked at the distance it's not as close. The same is true for the front. You think you're about to hit that car or wall in front of you but when you get out and look you're nowhere near as close as you thought.
Agreed. I usually park my car tail-first into parking slots (it's a good habit) and I've gotten used to judging where it ends. However, on the rare occasions that I have to park nose-first, I find that I usually have a lot of dead air in front of me before I hit the parking bollard or the wall.

I still get nervous when people try to change lanes behind me though, usually in slow moving traffic crawls. I always get the feeling they might bite off my rear end at the corners.

Quick Reply: why do big trucks keep riding my bumper