General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

What people paid

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2006, 09:12 AM
Smile What people paid

Well today's the day most will be able to buy their Fit in the USA, I think it would be helpful if folks were to post what they ended up paying for their new car! Could be helpful for the rest of us who have not yet made our purchase.

Model, auto/manual:
Price paid with shipping:
Options:
Taxes, license, other fees:
Total:

Old 04-20-2006, 09:16 AM
I need to find out what the real numbers are on the back end for the Fit.

I can probably get one for dealer cost (i.e. dealer gets holdback only), in a few months, as I work somewhere that owns Honda Dealers, but I'd love to know what that number is......

I'm not sure if my unique situation would entitle me to any sort of preferential financing either, I imagine not.

Old 04-20-2006, 01:33 PM
I just bought a black Honda Fit Sport AT - its being washed and gas'ed by the dealer as I type this.

Paid 15970 (MSRP) + 550 destination + 109 for all weather mats + 129 doc fee for $16758 OTD. I have up to 30 days to pay tax in Arkansas.

The car drives so much better than i expected. It has an immediate throttle response (i was prepared for a mild delay) and feel strong, doesnt have near as much body roll as i was expecting, and its damn smooth and quiet at 83mph on the interstate, again, at least compared to what I was expecting.

I dont see me using the paddle shifters much simply because the throttle response is so immediate anyway. I dont feel like i'm going to have any problems merging onto an interstate.

The stereo sounds great! Only picky audiophiles are going to be unpleased with it (sport 200watt version).

One other point; sitting in the front cockpit feels like you're in a bigger car than what it looks like on the outside (possible due to the sloping windshield). If i were just magically placed inside, i'd think i'm in at least a compact class car, and maybe even a midsize. Its deceptive.

The suspension is just fine. There was a quick, but taunt thud when the backwheels went over a speed bump, but the cabin is so tight, it still feels very acceptable. This is a subcompact that has the feel of at least a compact in terms of smoothness and quietness.

Azanon

Old 04-20-2006, 01:36 PM
Paid 13,850+550 delivery basic 5 spd MT

Old 04-20-2006, 01:41 PM
Fit Sport Manual. Red.

Walked out after dealer charges, tax, finance charges, EVERYTHING: $17,153.

Like I said in another thread, a lot of dealers are looking to charge something like $1,500 over MSRP. The way I got around this was to agree, while in the lot looking at the car, that MSRP is what I was going to pay. When you get to the guys desk and he says, "look, my boss is making us charge a $1,500 premium, blah, blah, blah" you can stand your ground.

Edit: If you read this and think that's too much, remember the premium that needs to be payed for living in New Jersey.

Old 04-20-2006, 01:47 PM
Originally Posted by azanon
I just bought a black Honda Fit Sport AT - its being washed and gas'ed by the dealer as I type this.
azanon, what dealer did you go to for yours and did they have any others on the lot? I need to try to head by someplace after work today and see what I can see.

Old 04-20-2006, 01:53 PM
They only have a base in white (dont know if it was MT or AT) and the black one that i just bought. This was at Bale. I don't know what Russell has.

If Russell only received a couple like Bale, they wont make it through the day probably. I had 2 families looking in my car as i was doing the paperwork. I didnt mind that. It was definitely drawing the attention being parked front and center.

A fellow by the name of Phil (black guy) hooked me up at Bale. He was a pleasant salesman.

Azanon

Last edited by azanon; 04-20-2006 at 01:57 PM.
Old 04-20-2006, 01:59 PM
5 Year Member
Test drove one today in Little Rock...they are asking MSRP. The only dealer installed option was the floor mats ($200!).

Old 04-20-2006, 02:16 PM
You must have driven mine.... that better have been before 10am, lol. (because they had $200 matts in them). I told them to put those mats where the sun doesnt shine and order me some all weather ones for $109; what their website says the list price is. Ok well i didnt put it like that (I was nice) but they are going to just have mats now, hee.

Yeah i know they're 79 bucks at some website, but whatever. I want to throw them a bone.

Old 04-20-2006, 02:21 PM
5 Year Member
You must have driven mine.... that better have been before 10am, lol. (because they had $200 matts in them). I told them to put those mats where the sun doesnt shine and order me some all weather ones for $109; what their website says the list price is. Ok well i didnt put it like that (I was nice) but they are going to just have mats now, hee.

Yeah i know they're 79 bucks at some website, but whatever. I want to throw them a bone.
Did you go to Bale? Jeez, small world. I was there around 11:45 and drove a white 5-spd Sport. Which one did you buy?

And I agree, there's no f'n way I'm going to spend $200 on some relatively crappy carpet mats...glad to know there are all-weather available.

Old 04-20-2006, 02:56 PM
Hey, I might have seen you picking yours up just a minute ago then. I was parked next to it in the '03 Civic Si. I drove that white one too. Pretty nice! They're going to let me know when the next sport AT comes in.

Congrats on your car!

Old 04-20-2006, 03:50 PM
Hey, I might have seen you picking yours up just a minute ago then. I was parked next to it in the '03 Civic Si. I drove that white one too. Pretty nice! They're going to let me know when the next sport AT comes in.

Congrats on your car!
Thanks man! I was either smiling or looking smug but smiling on the inside! Yeah, that was me; 30 something white guy in the green shirt.

McSwine; They told me wrong earlier; the white was also a sport but a manual. Yeah, I think the black had already been taken to the back for me by the time you testdrove the white one

Another btw, they claimed the floor mats had an installation and that's why they were $200. They claimed the hooks for the mats were installed at the dealer. I have no idea if that is true or not. Regardless, i'm getting all-weather ones for $109. I hope those also have hook holes otherwise they wont lie flat now (cause of the hooks in the floorboard).

Last edited by azanon; 04-20-2006 at 03:54 PM.
Old 04-20-2006, 03:55 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks man! I was either smiling or looking smug but smiling on the inside! Yeah, that was me; 30 something white guy in the green shirt.

McSwine; They told me wrong earlier; the white was also a sport but a manual. Yeah, I think the black had already been taken to the back for me by the time you testdrove the white one
That is correct...my sales guy pointed out the black one in the bay getting cleaned up.

I am not believing there are 3 people in Little Rock that went to Bale today to test drive the Fit AND posted on this board.

Old 04-20-2006, 03:59 PM
Originally Posted by McSwine
I am not believing there are 3 people in Little Rock that went to Bale today to test drive the Fit AND posted on this board.
Amazingly small world!

Old 04-20-2006, 04:05 PM
Where are all of the Fit buyers in GA.? I'm selling mine MSRP no questions asked. We did sell our first Fit it was a Black Sport auto.

Old 04-20-2006, 06:03 PM
Hey Divisionerror/McSwine - if you want to do me a favor, you could say i referred you. pm me for a last name.

Azanon (Bradley)

Old 04-20-2006, 06:10 PM
do u think 15,000 out the door is possible? for automatic not sport edition.. if i can get my parents go for sport i dun mind hahaha man i love this car haha it just relases today at US.. and i just test drived it is amazing and i am like following in love with it haha if my parents let me drive stick i be more happy ahhaha xD

Old 04-20-2006, 06:20 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by silentvisual
do u think 15,000 out the door is possible? for automatic not sport edition..
Not in CA. Even the manual + tax is gonna cost more than that.

Old 04-20-2006, 06:30 PM
Robertson Honda in North Hollywood, CA:

Fit Sport Auto, Milano Red, $18,057.23 out the door.

MSRP was $16,520 + tax, no dealer fees, and no options.

They had a $1,500 mark-up on the car, but I did not pay it.

-THE DON

Old 04-20-2006, 10:18 PM
Looks like everybody is paying MSRP + 550 destination. I just visited by local dealership; came out to $17,600 drive out for an AT Sport in Milano Red. How long will be be before a dip in price? Couple weeks? I was the first around my area to test out the car. People aren't too thrilled about the FIT.

Quick Reply: What people paid