General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

HONDA FIT... A Chick Car...???

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2006, 12:41 AM
Banned
HONDA FIT... A Chick Car...???

There are quite a number of females who have bought FITs and posted on this forum. Not a bad thing, but the number is interesting. Usually it's mostly dudes with the occassional chick.

Old 04-26-2006, 12:47 AM
Only real chick cars are the small SUVs, everything else is unisex.

Old 04-26-2006, 12:56 AM
g35 = chick car.

i have proof.

Old 04-26-2006, 06:25 AM
5 Year Member
The feminine napkin is for stopping blood flow from a major wound. Even though that can be read to mean something else it means just what it says. Diapers work real well also. They could be used (for example) to stop blood from a severed limb. I am sure that a lot of chicks would love to have a G35.

Old 04-26-2006, 06:29 AM
mav
The G35 (Skyline in Japan) is anything but a chick car.

Old 04-26-2006, 09:12 AM
Just because several girls like a car doesn't mean it's a chick car. That being said if it came in pink or purple in the USA, then yes, it would be a chick car.

I plan on girlifying my Fit.

When I was cleaning my old car at the dealership, I apparently had a whole box of tampons strewn out across the trunk that I forgot about. Probably freaked out my salesman who was helping me.

Old 04-26-2006, 09:14 AM
Someone that spends his life on FitFreak.net
Better odds of girls showing up at a Fit meet that way!

Old 04-26-2006, 09:20 AM
Chick Car

This chick loves her new Fit!

Old 04-26-2006, 11:43 AM
My mom drives a G35, so that's more proof of it being a chick car.

Old 04-26-2006, 12:03 PM
"Chicks" tend to make more logical choices when purchasing cars (testosterone does not get in the way), so I don't see the label as a bad thing.

Old 04-26-2006, 01:50 PM
Originally Posted by Okietom
The feminine napkin is for stopping blood flow from a major wound. Even though that can be read to mean something else it means just what it says. Diapers work real well also. They could be used (for example) to stop blood from a severed limb. I am sure that a lot of chicks would love to have a G35.
it's just a joke. relax.

Originally Posted by mav
The G35 (Skyline in Japan) is anything but a chick car.
thank you captain jdm obvious.

Old 04-26-2006, 02:01 PM
Originally Posted by DRum
"Chicks" tend to make more logical choices when purchasing cars (testosterone does not get in the way), so I don't see the label as a bad thing.
lol, I dunno about that. Lots of girls I know buy whatever looks the most expensive, with little regard for actual capabilities.

But then again, guys who aren't car people tend to do the same thing. I suppose being a "car person" matters more than gender on something like that by a long shot.

Old 04-26-2006, 03:19 PM
The Fit is very much a Japanese car, and I think that females relate more closely to the Japanese and their fundamentals... simplicity, modesty, functionality, etc. This car is by no means aggressive, in either its looks or power, and it makes sense to me that it attracts far more females than males. However, I will still own one because the Fit rocks.

Old 04-26-2006, 03:35 PM
Originally Posted by HashiriyaS14
lol, I dunno about that. Lots of girls I know buy whatever looks the most expensive, with little regard for actual capabilities.
That's kind of true... my friend bought a VW Golf 3 years ago because it was the only blue car on the lot, and she HAD to have a blue car. And I didn't get the Civic because I don't like the redesign.

It's not true for ALL girls, though. I looked at the "actual capabilities" before I picked the Fit. So there.

The Fit's not necessarily just a chick car though... I can totally see lots of guys adding lots of mods. It also kind of reminds me of the hatchback Civic SI (the one just before this recent redesign), I know it's a stretch but whatever. I loved that car, but couldn't get it because it's too expensive, and I don't know how to drive stick shift. Someone teach me dammit. I guess the paddle shifters are a start? Or the lazy man's way out of a clutch? hah.

PS. This chick LOVES her Fit too!

Last edited by annie; 04-26-2006 at 03:40 PM.
Old 04-26-2006, 03:48 PM
I don't care what other people may say referring to my manlihood about this car when I purchase it. That's the typical N.A. mentality towards small cars in-general. There are the typical automotive fan who loves the floating land yatch and the new generation of elevated floating menacing attack land yatch SUV. It's all about big engines, menacing grills regardless of fuel efficiency, and solid engineering.

But this fuel price spike has a few pot-bellied, redneck, mesh baseball cap, U.A.W.. NAPA, MOPAR tractor pull loving, nascar die-hard, monster truck fan, trailer park, suv loving crowd sort of frustrated.

What counts is that my sensible purchase and my simplistic mods of drop springs, rims and garnished exhaust MT cruising in around town and occasionally on the time attack track fullfills all my needs. To be the first to zip up to the next traffic light at atrocious fuel economy is not my priority.

Tell Miata fans that they have a chick sports-car?

(I cockily press the <submit reply> button do my Ric Flair strut across the room and cry out Whooooooooooooooooooo!)

Old 04-26-2006, 03:51 PM
Banned
I'm not saying it's a bad thing... but it seems like so far the owners are 60% male, 40% female. Which is very high for female! I followed Scion like crazy when it first came out... it was all dudes... and a couple of chickas here and there. It's pretty even with the FIT!!!

Old 04-26-2006, 04:11 PM
Because the Fit is awesome.

It just fits... hardy har har.

Old 04-26-2006, 04:12 PM
Banned
Annie,

If your avatar is your pic, then you're pretty hot.

Old 04-26-2006, 04:19 PM
5 Year Member
Didn't you know that the size of a man's car is in direct proportion to the size of his ...

... floor mats?

Old 04-26-2006, 07:57 PM
I imagine i dont fit the demographic at all; Male 34 years old; bought a black Fit sport auto. I heard it was for teens and boomers... and now chicks?

Oh well, so much for stereotyping!

Quick Reply: HONDA FIT... A Chick Car...???