General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Bitchings of a Victim of Emblem Theft

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 07:22 PM
i keep putting them on because i like them idk

there is alot of petty theifs down here, its unavoidable.

Old 08-26-2009, 07:34 PM
It's okay. It is frustrating as hell. I think we all share your pain in some way or another. I think car makers need to find a way that if someone touches your car anymore than accidentally brushing up against it...they should get shocked...not enough to kill em, but hurt em definately, and set off a nice loud alarm.

Old 08-26-2009, 08:49 PM
5 Year Member
An electromagnetic field alarm? Nice...

Old 08-26-2009, 08:54 PM
Taffetawhite, you're brilliant!
I plan on buying a car cover tomorrow as well as one of these alarm systems and rigging it up together. As much as I'd love to catch the little vagrant and bring forth a hammer of judgement down upon him, I'd also rather keep my car a little more invulnerable.
This is also great because next year at college, I have to park my car off-campus and no one's going to **** with a car under a car cover, especially one parked outside a church.

Thanks again!

Old 08-26-2009, 10:00 PM
5 Year Member
It seems this is a very common problem... I guess there's not much we can do, if they want it (emblems, etc) they will take it. It's really only held on by a sticker.. (as mentioned).

I thought about crazy gluing, or some other glue/weld, etc. Then as also mentioned the thief might steal some thing else or do damage out of spite.

I will be attempting to install my emblems by drilling for the pins, since I have to drill for the JDM rear garnish centering pin anyway. And also for the front, since I have to remove the grill for the JDM Bosch Euro Horns. The pins get attached to the inside with the grommets, but I'm sure that can probably be removed as well.

I won't be installing them until after I get my aftermarket upgrade alarm. Viper, and other brands sell units that upgrade the factory alarm by adding motion sensors, louder alarm and some other small things, the best part is that you can still use your OEM key remote, no need to attach a separate remote.

I figure the combination of the upgraded alarm, with the pins, and maybe a touch of rubber cement/weld or crazy glue or something would deter thieves... but nothing is 100%

Old 08-27-2009, 01:37 AM
Someone that spends her life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Tranas, you're welcome! Remember, like FitStir says, "nothing is 100%".

Anytime you can add on extra time and trouble for the thieves, the less likely they will go after any particular thing.

Other odds and ends that might help is to be sure to report it to the police. Ask around in the neighborhood if anyone else has had car vandalism or theft. Organize neighborhood watch. Sit out front when it's nice and enjoy a beverage or book and start to notice who belongs in the neighborhood and who doesn't.

And another idea I had was to engrave your VIN on the items that get stolen. Then if you go to a swap meet, you'll KNOW if someone is trying to sell your emblem.

Old 08-27-2009, 02:51 AM
5 Year Member
Or you could always get lojack for your emblems. That way when the suckers come for the next set. You can track the emblems down. and suprise the poor bastards at their home in the middle of the night and cut off their hands! HAHAHA

Old 08-27-2009, 11:50 AM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by guitar_trance
Words cannot describe the, well, "indignation" I feel for you when reading your post, my friend... been there, seen this before.

I have an idea, but I'll bet the police department wouldn't like it too much.

Just wire 110 volts to your door handles, or some other metallic point on your car, before going to bed. Cut off a lamp cord leaving the plug on one end, strip the wires, wire it up to your baby, put something irresistible on your car (more emblems, etc.) plug the cord in... when he/they touch the car... Zzzzzzzzzzzzztttt! Presto! No more punk stealing your wares!

If only, huh?

My uncle in Florida had a problem with punks stealing his gas at night. So he soldered really small fish hooks around his gas cap pointing outward. The next morning he got up and saw his gas flap was open, and there was flesh and blood on the cap! Needless to say, he never had gas stolen after that.

It's an epidemic man. Hardly anyone cares about other's property rights any longer. If the punks want it, why, they've been taught that they're pretty much entitled to whatever they wish because "they're breathing." Why should they feel any remorse for someone else's hard-earned, labor intensive property? Hell, they can't afford it... you can... so be charitable and allow them to steal it from you!

Sorry man... I'm really not making light of your situation... it's infuriating me reading about it.

I don't know where you park. But if you park in a driveway it would be fairly easy, and not that expensive to wire up some cameras or, at the very least, some motion detection lighting.

I seriously feel for ya', my friend! If these were the "wild west days" when everyone pretty much carried firearms, this type of thing may still go on, but it wouldn't be quite so rampant. Not that I want to go back to those days. Still, back then, these punks would only do this type of thing once... if, you know what I mean! People were shot for stealing then.

Good luck!
HAHAH. thats awesome. wouldnt it have been funny if it hooked the guys hand so he couldnt leave. So your uncle found him still there in the morning. Than he coulda went-to-town on the guy. HAHA

Old 08-27-2009, 05:11 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by guitar_trance
Lol! Yeah, my uncle's a pretty "creative" guy... he's an ex-army special forces guy.

Lucky for the guy he got away only losing some flesh and blood. If he had gotten stuck on the cap and my uncle caught him... well, my uncle's a nice, patient, almost quiet guy... but he's a b@dd@$$ when provoked over, and over! I wouldn't want to tangle with him... that's for sure.

Actually, he saw this kid walking down the street in his neighborhood after that. The kid's fingers and lower hand had been obviously bandaged and taped by a medical professional. Lol! My uncle saw him and shouted across the street, "Hey kid, what happened to your hand?" He said he was grinning ear-to-ear at the kid while asking! Heh!

OUCH!
LOL! awesome, so he DID find out who it was. Your uncle should have shouted "hey kid! What happened to your hand? I'm coming for the rest of it!" and chased after him. HAHA

Old 08-27-2009, 05:24 PM
5 Year Member
Whenever I'm at the junk yard, I get as many emblems from different models as I can. I have a whole shoe box full of Honda emblems, H's, Civic emblems (all years), Accords, Preludes, 2.0Si, DOHC, VTEC etc. Just int he event that a freind or someone has thiers stolen, I can help.

Old 08-27-2009, 11:14 PM
5 Year Member
An idea came to me today, if we put a little bead of clear silicone around the Type-R logo's wouldn't it make it harder for the thieves to slip a screwdriver in between the gap and pop them off?

I think I'm gonna try that on top of the other deterrents I've mentioned.

Love the wiring up the car to 110v idea as well as the fish hooks in the gas cap... I really wish it was wild west time when it comes to petty thieves. It pisses me off that people mess with other peoples cars for little things.

Old 08-28-2009, 02:39 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FitStir
An idea came to me today, if we put a little bead of clear silicone around the Type-R logo's wouldn't it make it harder for the thieves to slip a screwdriver in between the gap and pop them off?

I think I'm gonna try that on top of the other deterrents I've mentioned.

Love the wiring up the car to 110v idea as well as the fish hooks in the gas cap... I really wish it was wild west time when it comes to petty thieves. It pisses me off that people mess with other peoples cars for little things.
I think the silicone would be a good idea. HOWEVER, the car does not belong to the thieves and I'm sure they'd have no remorse from damaging the car, I'm sure they'd push a screwdriver really hard just to get under the silicon. Almost guaranteeing gashes and scratches in your hatch =/

Old 08-28-2009, 09:09 AM
good news, my 2 day old emblem got stolen last night

Old 08-28-2009, 09:22 AM
Banned
sorry britt

Old 08-30-2009, 10:40 PM
5 Year Member
How about building/finding a garage to park it in and keeping it locked?

Here's mine (24x36):

Name:  DSCN3253_edited.jpg
Views: 331
Size:  160.9 KB

Old 09-19-2009, 05:05 AM
yes

I went to school with a kid that caught someone trying to jack a bunch of stuff off his vtec integra. i guess there was already a bunch of stuff taken off the car and it was parked near campus. well he was crazy and with a couple buds, so...like an violent crazy person would do they roughed him up. he cut the guys finger off with a cigar cutter.

got brought in by the cops the next day but they didn't really have a case and had to let him go. it was his word against some fingerless guy (who i'm told already had a history with the cops) so i guess someday every thief gets what's coming to them.

follow in his foot steps and start chopping off fingers

Old 09-19-2009, 12:15 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Sorry that you had them stolen - that always makes me mad when people mess with other peoples stuff. I would try the car cover and then install some extra lights around the car. Karma has a way of coming back to get ya so hope the person who did this, has a hard road to go.

Cat :x

Old 09-19-2009, 04:44 PM
Someone that spends her life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
I'm hoping that the lack of additional thefts means that the cover worked? Yes? No?

Old 09-19-2009, 05:15 PM
Isn't it sad that everytime I come out from a store I check to see if my emblems are still on my car? I'm sure they'll eventually get ripped. After they do then I'm going w/ a J's Racing grill and a rear emblem delete. No emblems for any one to steal then.