General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Sleept in My Fit Club

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 03:33 AM
Sleept in My Fit Club

Ok

Im about to drive to a tennis tournament, and Im planning on sleeping in my new 09 fit. I have a pop up instant tent that opens in the back, and I will have my air pad and sleeping bag, and see how it goes.

Anyone sleep in the back of your fit?

Any tips or ideas for better sleeping?

Im thinking of opening the hatch for more foot room. How can I turn off the hatch light?

woohooo

Old 09-04-2009, 03:35 AM
spoon fed
5 Year Member
fold the back seats down and put the air mattress inside the car and move the front seats all the way forward. sleeps rather nicely.

my kid was made in the fit while it was in that position.

Old 09-04-2009, 03:37 AM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
i slept in my fit on the way back from la when the car was practically new. it was before i had the recaros and i put the passenger magic seat down and used that and the back seat as a bed. kinda sucked but i got a few hours of sleep but still uncomfortable. i didnt want to sleep in the back because i didnt want to break the particle board used for covering the spare tire.

Old 09-04-2009, 10:42 AM
Originally Posted by kylerwho
fold the back seats down and put the air mattress inside the car and move the front seats all the way forward. sleeps rather nicely.

my kid was made in the fit while it was in that position.
was there enough room for an air mattress? were your feet pointing toward the front? Did you have tinted windows, or a tarp or cover over the car while you shagged?

Originally Posted by kelsodeez
i slept in my fit on the way back from la when the car was practically new. it was before i had the recaros and i put the passenger magic seat down and used that and the back seat as a bed. kinda sucked but i got a few hours of sleep but still uncomfortable. i didnt want to sleep in the back because i didnt want to break the particle board used for covering the spare tire.
I cant quite picture what you mean for the sleeping position, but I understand your spare tire concern

Old 09-04-2009, 10:42 AM
5 Year Member
I was on a trip to Germany (a 6500km trip total) the first summer I had the car in 2007.
On my way back home I tried to sleep in the back of the car and it worked just fine.
There is so much space in the rear that I could have my bike and all the luggage in the car and still get plenty of room for sleeping

Here is a picture to prove it:

Old 09-04-2009, 10:47 AM
Originally Posted by F0NIX
I was on a trip to Germany (a 6500km trip total) the first summer I had the car in 2007.
On my way back home I tried to sleep in the back of the car and it worked just fine.
There is so much space in the rear that I could have my bike and all the luggage in the car and still get plenty of room for sleeping

Here is a picture to prove it:
wow that picture is fkn priceless

Did you have your head at the rear to prevent any problem with the gap between the front and rear seats?

Old 09-04-2009, 10:49 AM
spoon fed
5 Year Member
i had a queen size air mattress in the back and my head was facing the hatch. no tint or tarp so im sure some kid outside with a video camera made a video of it.

Old 09-04-2009, 10:57 AM
Originally Posted by kylerwho
i had a queen size air mattress in the back and my head was facing the hatch. no tint or tarp so im sure some kid outside with a video camera made a video of it.
wtf QUEEN? ok I will try and see if a queen fits and reply back

Old 09-04-2009, 11:35 AM
5 Year Member
If an air matress is unavailable, use a futon matress or a thick comfortor.

Kylerwho - Too bad we can start a thread for "____ in my Fit" if you catch my drift. Tip, the seats down in the front and a few pillows in the back seat make a comfy "love" seat.

Old 09-04-2009, 11:44 AM
5 Year Member
The fit is perfect for drive in movies!!! And yas i have slept in my fit on road trips to l.a. And vegas, 6hours is the longest sleep time for me i'll post pics later of my movie setup - it's sweet

Old 09-04-2009, 02:01 PM
For naps, the Magic Seats can't be beat. Quick and comfy!

For the "Holy crap how did I drink $150 worth of liquor in one night" nights, I'm happy if I'm able to get the rear seats down. Usually I end up in the passenger seats in non-Magic Seat mode. On the really bad nights, on the ground outside of the car. A couple of months ago, the bartender was nice enough to come out and shove me into the car. Otherwise it'd have been a drunk in public ticket!

Old 09-04-2009, 03:24 PM
Originally Posted by FIT410S
Ok
Im thinking of opening the hatch for more foot room. How can I turn off the hatch light?
There is a drop-in replacement of a civic or an acura light that has a built-in switch. There was a good DIY thread on this, but I can't find it right now.

Alternatively, you could just hack a switch into the wire, but that won't look as nice.

Old 09-04-2009, 06:04 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FIT410S
wow that picture is fkn priceless

Did you have your head at the rear to prevent any problem with the gap between the front and rear seats?
I put the bag with the tent (that I used on the first part of the trip) in the gap and had no problem wit it. Had my head towards the drivers seat.

Only problem is venting. The car is so airtight that I had to roll down one window a tiny bit, and then the mosquitos came in...
But I slept good all night until the sun started to shine and heat up the car...

Old 09-04-2009, 07:22 PM
Originally Posted by F0NIX
I put the bag with the tent (that I used on the first part of the trip) in the gap and had no problem wit it. Had my head towards the drivers seat.

Only problem is venting. The car is so airtight that I had to roll down one window a tiny bit, and then the mosquitos came in...
But I slept good all night until the sun started to shine and heat up the car...
humm mosquitos. If I put a tarp softly over the car will I harm the antenna?