General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Listen to your customers - you might learn something!

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 01:05 PM
Cool Listen to your customers - you might learn something!

I've owned an '08 Fit Sport for two years. Soon after I bought it I wrote to Honda Motors listing all the things that I thought could improve the Fit. I wasn't looking for any kind of payment for my thoughts but that's apparently what Honda thought my intent was. I soon received a letter from their legal department stating that Honda Motor Corp. will not accept or act on any non-employee suggestions. I was disappointed. I always felt that Honda had real concern for customer satisfaction. Well, so much for that thought! None the less, I still basically like the Fit. However, my next economy vehicle purchase will likely be a Toyota Prius because of its much better mileage and I believe better engineering. Sorry, Honda, you USED to be my favorite car company!

Anyway, now here are my Fit dislikes. Perhaps Honda has addressed some of them, I don't know - I haven't examined either the '09 or '10 models:

1. No center armrests
2. No window tint
3. Cheap carpet
4. Vision obstructing rear seat headrests
5. Low front seats - no height adjustment
6. Little ground clearance - Fit Sport
7. No map-lights
8. Non-locking/latching gas filler door
9. No remote rear hatch release
10. Hard to reach/access transmission dipstick - just need a longer stick!
11. Transmission does not stay in current gear when shifted from "D" (Drive) to "S" (Sport/Standard/Stick). It always downshifts one gear.
12. Safety issue! - Dash lights always ON; do not go off with headlights. Can result in failing to turn on headlights at night. Other vehicles give reminder that headlights are OFF if dash lights are off.
13. Suspension is just a tad too stiff.
14. No manual ON/OFF switch to override rear hatch area light whenever hatch is left open for an extended period of time.
15. Offer car in metallic tan/beige/light gold color.
16. Black interior - would prefer light gray or tan.
17. Tire Pressure Monitor System - my "bootkicks" and a tire gage always worked just fine, thank you very much!
18. No roof-rack option.

Old 10-28-2009, 05:08 PM
Sounds like you need a Jeep Cherokee instead.

Old 10-28-2009, 09:14 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
This is my first Honda and I have to say that Honda has improved the first Fit in several ways but we also realize that to keep the pricing down - some things had to be put on the wayside. I took my car in recently to have the oil change and I got a call from Honda wanting to ask me about the services I received, how I was treated and if I was happy with the results of my visit. Gave my dealership all excellents because those guys have always been helpful and good to me and my car.

Cat :x

Old 10-29-2009, 06:33 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by bobbyc
I've owned an '08 Fit Sport for two years. Soon after I bought it I wrote to Honda Motors listing all the things that I thought could improve the Fit. I wasn't looking for any kind of payment for my thoughts but that's apparently what Honda thought my intent was. I soon received a letter from their legal department stating that Honda Motor Corp. will not accept or act on any non-employee suggestions. I was disappointed. I always felt that Honda had real concern for customer satisfaction. Well, so much for that thought! None the less, I still basically like the Fit. However, my next economy vehicle purchase will likely be a Toyota Prius because of its much better mileage and I believe better engineering. Sorry, Honda, you USED to be my favorite car company!

Anyway, now here are my Fit dislikes. Perhaps Honda has addressed some of them, I don't know - I haven't examined either the '09 or '10 models:

1. No center armrests
2. No window tint
3. Cheap carpet
7. No map-lights
11. Transmission does not stay in current gear when shifted from "D" (Drive) to "S" (Sport/Standard/Stick). It always downshifts one gear.
12. Safety issue! - Dash lights always ON; do not go off with headlights. Can result in failing to turn on headlights at night. Other vehicles give reminder that headlights are OFF if dash lights are off.
14. No manual ON/OFF switch to override rear hatch area light whenever hatch is left open for an extended period of time.
17. Tire Pressure Monitor System - my "bootkicks" and a tire gage always worked just fine, thank you very much!
18. No roof-rack option.
Was there anything you liked?

Old 10-29-2009, 09:07 AM
5 Year Member
I kinda liked that one:

The only thing I'm missing is a 6th gear, a sunroof and heated seats...

Old 10-29-2009, 02:20 PM
5 Year Member
I still basically like the Fit. However, my next economy vehicle purchase will likely be a Toyota Prius because of its much better mileage and I believe better engineering. Sorry, Honda, you USED to be my favorite car company!
"Better engineering"? Really? What causes you to believe that? Anything you read? Just a *gut* feeling? The fact alone that the mileage is higher?

Have fun sloshing around the road in your smug-mobile which can't handle for shit. I think it's your loss and not Honda's, personally.

Don't get so damn offended that they don't want to read your looooong list, that you haven't even bothered to find out if they *have* fixed any of your complaints (which they have).

Old 10-30-2009, 06:26 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
1. No center armrests
It is a small car... either you get head rests or cup holders... take your pick.

2. No window tint
Seriously?

3. Cheap carpet
Seems fine to me?

With the push of a Magic slide lock they actually can be removed!

Funny, I find the Fit to have a very high seating position?

Buy a 4x4 then

7. No map-lights
Real men don't read maps

Because somebody is going to steal your 15 liters of fuel?

Maybe you should have bought a Lexus?

You need to use your own dipstick more if it is a required stretch that bothers you when you fiddle with things.

Easy solution, learn to drive a manual

Are you kidding me? What are you blind? There is a little light that actually tells you if your lights on or not btw.

This is called handeling... it could save your life

WTF? Why would you leave your hatch open for an entire week... because that is how long it would take to kill your battery at 5 watts.

No, it is a car... not a gay men magnet

This hurts my brain, buy something else if you don't like the color

It is federally required dumbass, you are going to find this system on every single car in North America... go complain to the government if you dislike it so much.

18. No roof-rack option.
Yet you can buy roof rack systems... problem solved.

Wow, that was a terriable attempt to troll on your part.

Old 11-01-2009, 08:15 AM
5 Year Member
fellas calm down......

Old 11-01-2009, 03:24 PM
5 Year Member

1. No center armrests - It's an accessory option, I've got one.
2. No window tint - Dealer option or you could put in yourself.
3. Cheap carpet - It's a cheap car...
4. Vision obstructing rear seat headrests -Take headrests out when you dont have passengers, or buy the new shape.
5. Low front seats - no height adjustment -Last time I checked they were height adjustable...
6. Little ground clearance - Fit Sport -Your not driving an SUV/4x4
7. No map-lights -Mine has...
8. Non-locking/latching gas filler door -Locks with the central locking.
9. No remote rear hatch release - This may be a strange concept but you get out of the car, walk to the rear and open it with your hands, not only have you burnt a calorie but you rear hatch has magically opened.
10. Hard to reach/access transmission dipstick - just need a longer stick! - No comment.
- Your driving a 1.5 you may occasionally have to downshift in order to get more power out of it.
12. Safety issue! - Dash lights always ON; do not go off with headlights. Can result in failing to turn on headlights at night. Other vehicles give reminder that headlights are OFF if dash lights are off. - A high pitched beeping noise alerts to the fact your headlights are still on once your key is out. You also have a light showing you that your headlights are on but one would think you could notice if you cant see where your going.
13. Suspension is just a tad too stiff. - The car handles nicely doesnt it? again your not driving an SUV.
14. No manual ON/OFF switch to override rear hatch area light whenever hatch is left open for an extended period of time. - If this really bugs you just remove the bulb and put it back in when your done.
15. Offer car in metallic tan/beige/light gold color. -Gold metallic is available in my market.
16. Black interior - would prefer light gray or tan. - You have many options here. Stock, black wasnt the only interior colour.
17. Tire Pressure Monitor System - my "bootkicks" and a tire gage always worked just fine, thank you very much! -Sugarphreak said it best.
18. No roof-rack option.-Optional extra.
Ignorance is bliss but I couldnt resist

Old 11-04-2009, 06:25 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
lol, best thread ever

Old 11-18-2009, 08:44 PM
fjt
Merchant / Group Buy Organizer ( non-certified )
Wow i had a good laugh....

Old 12-10-2009, 01:18 PM
5 Year Member
Epic lawls in here

thanks sugarphreak for pointing out the obvious since "bobbyc" has no clue