General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

does anyone have a real answer here?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2006, 06:52 PM
5 Year Member
does anyone have a real answer here?

Im at 1000 miles on my fit and am ready to cahnge to synthetic amsoil does anyone know the actual filter part number not a guess? ive got my 5w-20 here ready to go but the autoparts store dosent have any info yet. Also for the oil break in i know it all crowd i really do know it all when it comes to this but wont go into that here so all i need is a filter part number ok?

Coop

Old 05-14-2006, 06:56 PM
Master FitFreaker
just wait till monday and call honda parts department

Old 05-14-2006, 07:05 PM
oil filter number is 15400-PLM-A02, also to mention, it's teh same filter taht any other honda use's, except teh insight which take a smaller filter.

Old 05-14-2006, 08:24 PM
Originally Posted by Tomh
oil filter number is 15400-PLM-A02, also to mention, it's teh same filter taht any other honda use's, except teh insight which take a smaller filter.
Are you sure, I just bought two filters from my honda dealer and he sold me the AO1.

Old 05-14-2006, 09:48 PM
5 Year Member
If I recall correctly, for all newer Hondas, there are two sizes of Honda oil filters... essentially that which is used on the S2000 (large), and the other is used on everything else, also known as "small".

The two numbers at the end of the smaller oil filter part ID, denotes the manufacturer, so...
15400-PLM-A01 FILTER, OIL (FILTECH)
15400-PLM-A02 FILTER, OIL (HONEYWELL/FRAM)
15400-PLC-004 FILTER, OIL (TOYO ROKI)

While the S2000 filter part # is 15400-PCX-004 (Toyo Roki)

If you can FIND the 15400-PLC-004, get it! If you can't, then try to get the "A01" filter, over the "A02" filter, as the Fram filters have cardboard end caps on less pleats, versus metal end caps over more pleats on the others.

Old 05-14-2006, 10:00 PM
5 Year Member
So I'm curious; what do you know that the rest of the world doesn't?

Old 05-14-2006, 11:10 PM
5 Year Member
I know that im a motorhead and have studied motor oil more than any rational person would. I know a lot about oil but i dont want to start a mobil 1 versus amsoil versus whatever thread if u want to talk about break in, flash points, pour points, viscoisty index shear points etc pm me ok. I would be more than happy to talk oil with u if u also dont have a life For the record i have had ever car i have ever owned atleast 10 years the FIT is now going someday to be the replacement for my 93 lx with 283000 miles on it still going strong. Food for thought

Old 05-15-2006, 06:14 PM
Oil Filter #

I just ordered 2 filters for the Fit........The Amsoil filter number is Ea013. You might consider the Amsoil Series 2000 0W30 oil.Jim

Old 05-15-2006, 07:41 PM
5 Year Member
Smile Amsoil good

If you are going to use Amsoil you should consider using the Amsoil Filters also. The Amsoil filter number that Wiggles gave you is their newest oil filter. Very good filtration. Mobil One is also a very good premium filter as is Puralator Pure One. I haven't heard of Roki oil filters but the factory I work in use a lot of Roki filters in our processes and I think that would be the best Honda part number you could use. I am using Amsoil in my Dodge Intrepid and I like it. The only drawback to that is having to order it and not being able to get it easily on a shelf. I have a coworker that sells Amsoil to me at his cost and I like that too. Using a good air filter is important also.

Old 05-15-2006, 11:39 PM
5 Year Member
I know some of the S2000 and Acura guys like the use the small HAMP filters. Works great. Supposedly increases oil pressure. I used it on my 94 Prelude and my gf's 95 Integra.

Old 05-21-2006, 10:50 PM
5 Year Member
No reason to use the 0W-30 unless you live in an extremely cold climate which i dont. How do you come by the eao13 number im an amsoil dealer and the product application guide does not have any information on the fit as of yet. I suspect thats the correct filter however i want to be sure.

Old 05-22-2006, 05:23 PM
Filter #

Originally Posted by coopula
No reason to use the 0W-30 unless you live in an extremely cold climate which i dont. How do you come by the eao13 number im an amsoil dealer and the product application guide does not have any information on the fit as of yet. I suspect thats the correct filter however i want to be sure.
Hi Coopula,

The dealer parts dept said that the Fit uses the same filters as the Civic and Accord.

I looked up multiple years of the Accord & Civic on the Amsoil parts look-up page in the dealer zone to make sure of the filter # they use which is the Ea013.

The Series 2000 0W30 is not necessarily just for cold weather use. Amsoil recommends it for use in all vehicles and for fuel efficiency.

I have used it in my last 3 vehicles (1 Hyundai and 2 F-150's) in Texas heat and I have been very satisfied with it. My neighbor also uses it in his 2 cars (Hyundai Sonata's) and says he gets 50 more miles to the tank using it over petro oil.

Jim

Old 05-22-2006, 10:32 PM
5 Year Member
I agree to a point but as a rule as the spread of viscosity increases the viscosity index decreases so unless their is a need for 0W oil i would prefer to stick with the 5W-20 just my opinion.

Old 05-23-2006, 04:19 PM
5 Year Member
yes i agree i might consider the 0w-30 after all as amsoil at this point does not offer the 5w-20 in the long life synthetic just the xl oil. i called amsoil this morning and they did not think the eao13 was the correct filter due to the dpth of the threads im looking into that now. If you dont mind use my dealer number if you are not already a dealer its 1090308. Thanks and keep in touch i love my white fit sport

Coop

Old 05-23-2006, 06:43 PM
Talking Amsoil Ea013

yes i agree i might consider the 0w-30 after all as amsoil at this point does not offer the 5w-20 in the long life synthetic just the xl oil. i called amsoil this morning and they did not think the eao13 was the correct filter due to the dpth of the threads im looking into that now. If you dont mind use my dealer number if you are not already a dealer its 1090308. Thanks and keep in touch i love my white fit sport

Coop
Please let us know what Amsoil says about the filter.

I'm curious as to why it would not be a direct replacement if the Fit uses the same Honda filter as the rest of the cars. Some of the filters are just a little longer or a bit wider in diameter than others but the base plate pattern is the same.

I'm a dealer too, 1086004.

Jim

Old 05-24-2006, 06:52 PM
5 Year Member
Pardon the newb question.. but,

on the Fit when u change oil from reg. to synth, would I need to purge the system of the old oil or is it ok if I just change over..

thanks.

Old 05-24-2006, 07:51 PM
Originally Posted by FitStir
Pardon the newb question.. but,

on the Fit when u change oil from reg. to synth, would I need to purge the system of the old oil or is it ok if I just change over..

thanks.
Just do a regular change like you would with any other oil. Trying to get the last drop out isn't necessary. Stuff like spinning the motor over to get more out only leads to problems like losing the prime in the oil pump.

Make sure you always use a top tier filter. They may be a couple of dollars more but it's cheap insurance. The top tier filters generally have thicker cans with a better rolled seam, better drain back valves, more square inches of filter media with deeper pleats, and a better made base plate.

Bobistheoilguy.com is a great forum to do your homework. You can also do a web search for "oil filter test" and pick up a lot of info.

Jim

Old 05-24-2006, 08:45 PM
Someone that spends his life on FitFreak.net
Im at 1000 miles on my fit and am ready to cahnge to synthetic amsoil
DON'T CHANGE THE ORIGINAL OIL BEFORE THE RECOMMENDED INTERVAL. YOUR ENGINE NEEDS IT FOR PROPER BREAK IN. IIRC, DON'T CHANGE IT BEFORE 5000 MILES.

Old 05-24-2006, 11:06 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by b17gsr
DON'T CHANGE THE ORIGINAL OIL BEFORE THE RECOMMENDED INTERVAL. YOUR ENGINE NEEDS IT FOR PROPER BREAK IN. IIRC, DON'T CHANGE IT BEFORE 5000 MILES.
A dealer told me that honda factory ads an additive to the oil needed for break in period. You are making an error by dumping the oil against Honda advice. I have a huntch Honda know what they are talking about.They have labs to do this kind of stuff scientificly.

Old 05-24-2006, 11:16 PM
5 Year Member
It sounds like you should use oem filters.... Have you ever heard of wix filters?
A buddy of mine retails parts and had the opprtunity to viset wix factory. I buy wix for my cars. It is probly the best filter made.

Quick Reply: does anyone have a real answer here?