General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

So tired of "street racer" hondas...

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2010, 03:40 PM
5 Year Member
[QUOTE=The Assassin;825817]Just remember, when they get nailed for street racing, they will look the tool bag. In Maryland they are trying to pass a 0 tolerance street racing bill. 1st time=jail time.

Zero tolerance for cell phone use or texting while driving with first offender jail time and life sentences when it involves the death of others.... That would save more lives and destruction of property.

Old 03-14-2010, 03:53 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
Street racing is much safer than texting, talking on a cell phone

What about texting WHILE street racing? LOL Jk Jk

Old 03-14-2010, 04:10 PM
5 Year Member
Most of the shit I get on the road is not from Honda drivers but from BMW, Mercedes, Mustang drivers. My Fit looks very close to stock, however. I can imagine you guys who look super modded might get some Honda attention.

Old 03-15-2010, 01:08 PM
5 Year Member
it will happen no doubt...

Old 03-15-2010, 01:36 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
Street racing is much safer than texting, talking on a cell phone or bombarding your senses with over the top decibels coming from a multitude of speakers and amplifiers while behind the wheel... Driving was safer 35 years ago when everybody was stoned or drunk and there weren't airbags, mandatory insurance and soccer moms in huge SUVs and quad cab 3/4 ton trucks.... It is strange that people style their cars to appear to be performance cars and then get upset when someone takes them seriously and calls their bluff.
you also have to understand "performance" is not a single factor such as straight line acceleration. when i was younger and drove a recklessly fast g3rMan coupe i used to call out street challengers to mountain pass races with specific time and date.

most chump ass ricers flake out because they dont know how to handle mountain pass racing and others would chicken out and say some bs excuse not to show up.

there would be times they would show up and they would always drive their cars only to a third of the cars potential.

i did get destroyed once by a guy driving a porsche boxster s down angeles crest and later found out hes a semi professional racer who was sponsored at the time by nissan of canada.

the moral of the story is dont give ricers the satisfaction of reckless street racing and also mountain pass racing is only fun when you are young and reckless.

p.s. keep it off the streets.

Old 03-21-2010, 05:54 PM
omg Jason I'm jealous of you actually. I wish people would want to race me... I get so bored on the freeway! :( I NEVER see racers in my area, it makes me depressed LOL the only types of cars I've raced before were like Mustangs, Chargers, and Cameros?!?

Old 03-21-2010, 07:14 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Amen! I can't believe that people want to race a Fit - they have no idea how much HP we have and that unless your turbo and tuned - what is the purpose. Put it on a track where you can't kill anyone but you if you want to race. People take my vanity plate way too serious! LOL

Cat :x

Old 03-22-2010, 07:58 AM
5 Year Member
[QUOTE=Texas Coyote;825824]
Originally Posted by The Assassin
In Maryland they are trying to pass a 0 tolerance street racing bill.
Not that I'm in any way for street racing (although my dad and his buddies used to do it in traffic-free places, at times when there was no chance of any innocent pedestrians or autos straying into the area, and no one ever got hurt )...

... of course, you are talking about Maryland -- one of the current east coast satellite headquarters of "The Kremlin." They outlaw, over-regulate, over-tax and fine the crap out of everyone, regarding everything. I live next door to that state... all of the sane people are moving out of that statist craphole, as fast as they can make arrangements to do so!

Maryland isn't a great example of upstanding gov/citizen relationship. Why should outlawing street racing be considered noble in MD when they outlaw everything? They'll probably tax people per inhalation, complete with breath monitors forbidden to be removed, at some point in the near future.

Giving accolades to MD officials for street racing regulation is almost comparable to using the Third Reich as an example of their enforcement of drunk driving laws on the streets of old Berlin!

Old 03-22-2010, 08:18 AM
Zoom zoom,,,...

Old 03-22-2010, 05:09 PM
5 Year Member
Hot Rod Magazine did an article in the early 70s called "Street Racing USA" and reported on that type of racing all over the country.... The fastest cars they found was on Westmoreland Avenue in the south west part of the Oak Cliff section of Dallas and a place I spent a great deal of weekend nights at...... Of course the article caused police raids and racing moved to the industrial area near Regal Row and US 183 and other places that keep popping up....... I can't remember any one being injured or killed on Westmoreland during what was the heyday of street racing......I actually convinced a cop on Westmoreland that I was driving to see my cousin and his new baby in Duncanville while driving a 65Chevy pickup with a tweaked 396 and 10" cheater slicks

Old 03-22-2010, 05:19 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by accordguyintake
so this is the 2nd day where i've been harassed by stupid Hondas on the street. They fly by me chirping gears and VTECing all super loud... never had problems at all before but not suddenly my car is a street tuned monster? anyone else experience this recently... I'm too tempted to rev at a stop light just to see them take off on me. HAHAHa oh btw the whole time im driving like 5 under the limit and shifting at 2300rpm so it's not even like it sounds im going fast... so idiotic

oh btw i've also seen 240s and other cars and they do no such idiocy, just cruise down looking super cool
Don't get tempted to rev at the stop light, it is illegal:
"excessively accelerating the engine of any type of vehicle when such vehicle is not moving or is starting from a stopping place is prohibited."

California vehicle codes are

Old 03-22-2010, 06:08 PM
Originally Posted by fit2bking
Don't get tempted to rev at the stop light, it is illegal:
"excessively accelerating the engine of any type of vehicle when such vehicle is not moving or is starting from a stopping place is prohibited."

California vehicle codes are

Lol omg one time at a stop light I had my left foot on the break and I reached into the back of my car to get something and I hit the gas on accident with my right foot, revving my engine pretty loudly AND THEN I REALIZED THERE WAS A COP NEXT TO ME LOLOL. Would've sucked if I was pulled over because I had someone in my car and it's not legal for me to drive others yet -___-

Old 03-22-2010, 07:32 PM
5 Year Member
A juvenile delinquent amongst all of us semi antisocial fitfreaks..... Careful everyone, she may prove to be a bad influence.

Old 03-22-2010, 07:40 PM
LOLOL I'll take you back to your teen days of drugs and crazy parties!

Old 03-22-2010, 07:48 PM
5 Year Member
I just messed around with cars and motorcycles until I went into the Marines and did the combat thing in Vietnam..... I was 19 when I got out and then I did all of the crazy stuff big time in overdrive at wide open throttle.

Old 03-22-2010, 07:51 PM
hahaha crazy stuff... Dang you fought in Vietnam??

Old 03-22-2010, 07:51 PM
5 Year Member
Was I the only one that never went crazy?

Old 03-22-2010, 07:52 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ToyGiraffe
hahaha crazy stuff... Dang you fought in Vietnam??
Texas Coyote is the bomb...and don't you ever forget it!

Old 03-22-2010, 07:54 PM
Originally Posted by Btrthnezr3
Was I the only one that never went crazy?
I'm not crazy... All the parties I go to are parent-supervised at my house haha. I'm actually proud to say that I've never tried any drugs :D Buuuut, who knows what will happen once I hit college o_o

Old 03-22-2010, 07:57 PM
5 Year Member
I wanted to put on a mini skirt and pass out Kool Aide and donuts at the China Beach USO but I would have had to shave my legs and that was against regulations.....

Quick Reply: So tired of "street racer" hondas...