General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Condition of sale: Give me those TPMS Sensor numbers! (My experience.)

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2010, 11:35 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up Condition of sale: Give me those TPMS Sensor numbers! (My experience.)

I put a deposit on a dark blue Fit today. It was built yesterday. When putting a deposit on a car at the local dealership, you negotiate your terms of sale right away. I didn't haggle on the price of the car, but here's what I did get...
  • The dealership is willing to find the ESN of each TPMS sensor and provide them to me. I showed them the ATEQ tool. The sales person was intrigued by it. If they can get the ESN's from the OBD or other documentation, there will be no fee. Otherwise, they'll charge me to remove the tires from the rims to find the numbers.
  • The dealership agreed to apply the 3M "clear bra" film that they'd normally charge $700 for. They'll do half the hood, fronts of the fenders, mirrors and beind the door handle.

The TPMS issue isn't huge, but it annoys me that the Honda cars can only remember one set at a time. (With the exception of one Acura model that I was shown.)

I'm pleased about getting the 3M film after hearing about how the paint is so 'cheap'. I'm not worried about the bumper because it doesn't rust. I just don't want a chip to become a rust spot.

I didn't request any accessories. Most of what I wanted is already on the Sport or is just frivolous and over-priced.

What did I not get that I wanted? The orange color. Instead I'll get the dark blue. Can't be choosy when there's only one Fit arriving between now and June. Grr.

I'll update this thread as my experience with the dealership and their provision of the TPMS ESN's progresses.

Old 04-10-2010, 12:29 PM
5 Year Member
^ WTF?

Looks like someone is trying to up their post count for some reason...

Old 04-10-2010, 12:41 PM
Congrats on blazing new trail for folks who WANT to keept their TPMS functioning! Good on ya man! +rep

Old 04-10-2010, 04:32 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by E = Mc2
^ WTF?

Looks like someone is trying to up their post count for some reason...
I saw that post when it was Emailed to me. Glad to know I wasn't totally missing the point of that post.

grtpumpkin: Thanks! Hopefully it's not for nothing. haha

Old 05-12-2010, 10:09 PM
5 Year Member
I got a call from the dealership last week. My car finally has a VIN assigned and is somewhere between Japan and here. They said they'll call when they see it on the Bill of Lading for the ship headed up from Seattle or wherever it ships from. The interesting bit of info was that the service department said they can provide the TPMS numbers without doing anything to the car. Nice. :-)

I haven't seen many rims that I like and are properly made for the Fit. I'm going to find out what kind of deal I can get on a set of spare Honda rims when I pick up the car next month. I don't care about flashy rims, I just want a spare set to abuse in the winter.

I can't wait for my Fit to arrive. Rawr!

Old 05-12-2010, 11:33 PM
all acuras can recognize sensors without the tool, assuming the correct ones are installed

Old 05-13-2010, 01:28 AM
5 Year Member
My sales rep mentioned that about one of the newest Acuras they have.