General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

2011 Fit info?

Old 05-30-2010, 03:57 PM
Originally Posted by Juliane
That's whack - like someone went crazy with electrical tape. And they think that disguises the car???? What are they smoking????

Image: 2011 Honda Fit Hybrid spy shots - MotorAuthority

Ha ha ha! It's a racoon!!!
I just noticed the rear wheel. Rear disc brakes! They go through all the trouble hiding the similarities but let the differences slide.

Old 06-01-2010, 02:32 PM
I noticed the rear disc's too, but there's a good chance that it's because it's a European model.

They've obviously already designed the rear discs, just need to make them available in NA. Wtf, Honda?

Old 06-01-2010, 02:34 PM
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
I was at the dealer today and asked the sales guy if there were any changes on the way for 2011...he looked at me like I had a 2nd head and said "no." I asked "not a hybrid or anything?" He glanced at the Insight parked next to the Fit and said, "Well, no..."

Not that sales guys are the experts or anything.... In fact, he had no clue. Would be funny to go back when the 2011s come out if they do have a hybrid and say "I thought you told me..."

And, I looked at the Insight's MPG ratings - it's only 40 mpg/city, 41/highway. The article on the hybrid Fit says it could get up to 60 mpg which would be a huge improvement over the Prius copycat's current mpg.

Last edited by Juliane; 06-01-2010 at 02:41 PM.
Old 06-01-2010, 02:39 PM
With the information available on the internet these days, sales people often know less than the well-researched consumer. Not only that, but they want to make a sale today, not in a few months when the new editions of "whatever" are released. So, even if they knew something, they wouldn't be inclined to tell you about it.

Moral of the story: don't take salespeople at their word. Forums ftw!

Old 09-06-2010, 08:29 AM
In my area there are dealers with clearance prices...supposedly.

Old 09-06-2010, 08:34 AM
One thing to remember is the original Fit had a longer life-span than usual for a Honda and if I remember so did the original Insight. The Element has been around unchanged pretty much since 2003. I have been told a new grille, taillights, and facias may be in the works for 2011. I was also told by the dealer they would not be out until November. My dislikes on the current Fit are the hood and the black panel on the hatch. I also think it needs a sixth gear on the manual..too buzzy at 80 mph..almost 4,000 rpm, where the automatic does an easy 2700 or so. Neat feature...when in reverse if the wipers are on the rear wiper comes on automatically!

Last edited by stevewl1164; 09-06-2010 at 08:36 AM. Reason: Forgot to add comment.
Old 09-06-2010, 08:17 PM
5 Year Member
More..

Honda went too far with the RS. I like the steering wheel stitching and shift knob though!

Name:  newRS.jpg
Views: 369
Size:  102.9 KB

Full size pic here: http://vtec.net/news/news-image?imag.../11jfit-09.jpg

Old 09-07-2010, 11:25 AM
5 Year Member
Can someone translate the specs in english? haha

Old 10-03-2010, 12:43 PM
This is only what I was able to get from the fit

As promised (though late), here is a copy of JDM's Fit MMC early brochure, which is available at Honda dealers in Japan and should arrive in October, just after the end of some of the ECO-car incentives in Japan.
(sorry but the files are too big to be sent by e-mail, so you'll have to download it from my live storage)

Apart from the revised exterior styling, here is a summary of the new stuff for the Japanese market.
- New hybrid version using the Insight's IMA while keeping Fit's class-leading interior flexibility.
- New 6MT on the 1.5L RS version.
- ECON-mode on gasoline AT versions (afaik this is the 3rd JDM gasoline model to use it after Odyssey and StepWGN); think of hybrid's ECON minus everything related to IMA.
- LED tail-lights on all models (previously only available on selected trims).
- Standard rear and front center armrests for 1.5X versions (the front one is like the one currently available in EU models, which is different from the optional arm-rest that was used in Japan and the US up to now).
- Available parking assist system as factory option.
- Available non-navy stereo with integrated back up camera monitor and enhanced USB connectivity (see p7)

FE is up through the whole range by about 0.5 km/L (think about 1mpg). I believe that comes mainly from aero enhancements of the new body-work, which btw seems to share many family cues with the 2011 US Accord / JDM Inspire redesign.

Of interest for the US market I would consider (just guessing):
- the 6MT on the 1.5L RS models
- front and/or rear arm-rests
- non-navy stereo with rear back up camera.
- improved HW mileage

Of interest for other markets (just guessing):
- Hybrid version coming, starting with Europe in early 2011.
- exterior styling is likely to spread everywhere.
- ECON mode might be made available for the first time outside Japan on non-hybrid models (only for AT cars).
- improved HW mileage
- 6MT availability in Europe (with top gears similar to current i-shift version)

Old 10-03-2010, 06:53 PM
According to Consumer Reports, the 2011 will have standard stability control on the Fit Sport only. Too bad, it should be standard on all trims. Safety shouldn't be available to only those who can afford it.

Checkout these videos about stability control:
  1. Consumer Reports Video Hub - Cars - Safety - Stability Control
  2. Consumer Reports Video Hub - Cars - Safety - Safety Features
  3. YouTube - How Effective is Stability Control
I'd love to hear your opinion.