General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

You Kids Get Offa My Lawn!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 08:22 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by shegetstodriveit
any stickers or graphics or badges? the money you invested on fuel economy probably netted you zero.
sorry I'm not a ricer I have zero stickers on my car

and actually they did, I drove like a grandma before and after my mods

Old 05-26-2010, 09:06 PM
5 Year Member
If you are NOT a gear head, you just will not 'get it',.......... and that is OK too.

Thankfully I am passionate about many things, my daughters & wife, adoption, animals. guitars & music. motorcycles, snowmobiles, politics, engineering, the house and garage etc...

I might feel cheated without the enthusiasm for these things (although my wife might wish I was a bit less of a 'gear head' sometimes)

Old 05-26-2010, 09:48 PM
All this bantering back and forth about moding a small, inexpensive, practical, economical little car reminds me of a comment made several times before the last presidential election. You can put lipstick on a pig and you'll still have a pig!!

Old 05-26-2010, 09:59 PM
5 Year Member
^^
Obama possibly calling Palin a pig? Do not get the tie in.

Old 05-27-2010, 09:30 AM
Put lipstick on a pig and you've still got a pig.

Mod an econo box and you've still got an econo box.

Old 05-27-2010, 09:42 AM
^ not always the case.

Old 05-27-2010, 03:25 PM
Originally Posted by whaap
Put lipstick on a pig and you've still got a pig.

Mod an econo box and you've still got an econo box.
But its more suited to its owner

Old 05-28-2010, 09:50 AM
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Well I have read through this whole thread and I just don't get it.

If you want to buy a small, but very functional, and CHEAP car, that starts out with a LOT of personality, the Fit is your car. It has personality without any mods at all, and not as weird as a Cube or an xB or a Soul. It's just CUTE, period. (I personally think the GE8 looks like a hamster, but it's still a Fit, so...)

So you spend a lot less and then you can mod it if you want to. Modding it makes it even more individual and personal, and fun. Younger guys are the most mod-crazy, because it's the stage of life they are in. I can't do a whole lot of mods because it would look really stupid at my age and stage, would look like "honey you are trying TOO hard to be young!" :P

Or you can leave it stock, have fun with it, spend your money on other stuff.

What does it matter to me if someone wants to completely mod out their own Fit? I actually LOVE the slammed look but could never drive one myself, I'm not careful enough and again, it would look plain stupid. I am glad people do mod their Fits so I can admire them.

Now, if I had the money to buy a true performance car, I'd never bother with any of those mods to the Fit - why?? If you want power, get a muscle car.

But we all love the little Fits in our lives. Whatever form they are in.

Old 05-28-2010, 10:21 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Juliane
Well I have read through this whole thread and I just don't get it.

If you want to buy a small, but very functional, and CHEAP car, that starts out with a LOT of personality, the Fit is your car. It has personality without any mods at all, and not as weird as a Cube or an xB or a Soul. It's just CUTE, period. (I personally think the GE8 looks like a hamster, but it's still a Fit, so...)

So you spend a lot less and then you can mod it if you want to. Modding it makes it even more individual and personal, and fun. Younger guys are the most mod-crazy, because it's the stage of life they are in. I can't do a whole lot of mods because it would look really stupid at my age and stage, would look like "honey you are trying TOO hard to be young!" :P

Or you can leave it stock, have fun with it, spend your money on other stuff.

What does it matter to me if someone wants to completely mod out their own Fit? I actually LOVE the slammed look but could never drive one myself, I'm not careful enough and again, it would look plain stupid. I am glad people do mod their Fits so I can admire them.

Now, if I had the money to buy a true performance car, I'd never bother with any of those mods to the Fit - why?? If you want power, get a muscle car.

But we all love the little Fits in our lives. Whatever form they are in.
I agree with most of what you say besides saying to your self that your to old. Hey man if you want to spend some money and make your ride look good there are many tasteful mods you can do without trying to look to young. Some nice rims, and some window visors look great. Even if your 70 and you want to put JDM stickers all over your car it's your car do what you want!

Now I completely disagree with the muscle car thing but thats just my pure love of imports. I'd rather pick up an Evo or an STi before I got a mustang or camarro.

Old 05-28-2010, 10:53 AM
5 Year Member
I'm talking OLD SCHOOL muscle cars here, not the new remakes. Like a Shelby Mustang - you're telling me you'd prefer an EVO over a Shelby?? I can recommend someone for that...

Of course gas is so damn expensive it's tough to have an old performance car as a DD, which is why you need a get-around car like the Fit. Then pull out the '68 440 Charger when you want to just smoke everything on the road.

Yeah, I want new rims, bad, but practical stuff overcomes that every time. I just had to spend $700 getting my fender fixed b/c I scraped by my son's car in the driveway, wasn't thinking about it, just whipped out of the garage and crunch....so no rims for a while...money doesn't grow on trees.

My best mod is my fitfreak.com sticker one one side of the rear hatch window, my NRA sticker on the other! And the "100 Club" which supports the families of wounded and killed police officers.

Old 05-28-2010, 11:10 AM
I'm talking OLD SCHOOL muscle cars here, not the new remakes. Like a Shelby Mustang - you're telling me you'd prefer an EVO over a Shelby?? I can recommend someone for that...

My best mod is my fitfreak.com sticker one one side of the rear hatch window, my NRA sticker on the other! And the "100 Club" which supports the families of wounded and killed police officers.
I'm with you Juliane - a motor head of the times.

Folks now days find it hard to imagine the thrill associated with the rides you mention. That's what Car Shows are all about. The young would be right by paying those muscles tribute for what they represent.

Carrol Shelby - innovator.

I'm not going so far as to say we're approaching the lowest common denominator but the priorities are all different today. I learned all about "love the one you're with" so these new cars still have an appeal that begs tweeking so all isn't lost but so much is MIA.
K_C_

Old 05-28-2010, 11:19 AM
5 Year Member
Dude, I'd trade my 2nd kid for a Shelby Mustang... mmmmm-mmmmm-mmmmm...

A super-bee Charger....

a '68 Camaro small-block...

rumble...rumble....vROOOOM!!!

Old 05-28-2010, 11:55 AM
5 Year Member
Man I would give my 4 kids for a 1966 GT350 Shelby!!!

TA challenger, Hemi cuda

The bad thing is a new EVO X FQ-400 is faster then all of them, let alone a M5 or a GTR

Old 05-28-2010, 12:02 PM
5 Year Member
^ maybe but it doesn't have that rumble. That quiet purr that ROARS when you punch it...gives you a thrill right up your leg...better than sex...

GTR....wellllll.....ok i'd totally rock that! But any EVO is just a Suby...I know it's just me but they have never been anything special and are mostly rice.

Old 05-28-2010, 12:08 PM
Get the hell off my lawn!!!

^ maybe but it doesn't have that rumble. That quiet purr that ROARS when you punch it...gives you a thrill right up your leg...better than sex...
Oh man, that quiet purrr - it was better than sex! As I recall sex was something we talked about mostly with grease under our nails. HA

K_C_

Old 05-28-2010, 12:15 PM
5 Year Member
Still IS better than sex...Whenever I happen to be alongside one of those real cars, I always rev my engine and point so the driver will rev his for me...then I smile real big and give him the thumbs-up...

maybe some day...

Old 05-28-2010, 12:26 PM
5 Year Member
I totally know what your saying but as Shelby's are selling for more then $100,000 now I will not have one any time soon.

Old 05-28-2010, 12:29 PM
My reasons for modifying a car are not about performance (at least with the Fit). I'm essentially using the Fit as a platform that I enjoy then altering it to become the car I wish Honda would have built. Granted, if Honda had built it the way I'm headed with it, I'd still mod it to make it stand out.

To whoever said you mod for you is lying. You can't deny that you absolutely love it when you catch someone eyeball fucking your car as you drive past. It happens at least once a week, and you know you enjoy when it happens.

Old 05-28-2010, 12:35 PM
Still IS better than sex...Whenever I happen to be alongside one of those real cars, I always rev my engine and point so the driver will rev his for me...then I smile real big and give him the thumbs-up...

maybe some day...
Ha - You know what? A few weeks ago I'm driving out I-90 to Boston, my daughter is behind in her 07 Yaris. I come up on a 1962 Corvair. Now we all know that ain't no muscle car, but my first car was a 63. Well I pulled up beside, with my arm out pointing for my daughter, and gave a toot, well actually a meep meep [man that sucks - need an Eldo Horn] anyway got a proud thumbs up from the guy. He could of had it new.

Nostalgia - you bet. Sex - not quite but it was in the back seat of my 63! Seems like back then it was the "first mod" a lot of us did to our new rides.

Old 05-28-2010, 12:40 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by gd3vbp
My reasons for modifying a car are not about performance (at least with the Fit). I'm essentially using the Fit as a platform that I enjoy then altering it to become the car I wish Honda would have built. Granted, if Honda had built it the way I'm headed with it, I'd still mod it to make it stand out.

To whoever said you mod for you is lying. You can't deny that you absolutely love it when you catch someone eyeball fucking your car as you drive past. It happens at least once a week, and you know you enjoy when it happens.
Well OF COURSE that is what mods are for!!! Duh. Yeah, it's "for yourself," but it's because people NOTICE that you even care. And guys do it so girls will look, and then look at them. Girls do it to attract the guys that mod too. Cars = sex.

Quick Reply: You Kids Get Offa My Lawn!!!