General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

To anyone thinking of using Capital One

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2006, 01:19 AM
To anyone thinking of using Capital One

They are the biggest bunch of scammers...

Here's my story, which happened like a month and a half ago...

My credit is decent. Upper 600's. I wanted to go through Capital One, and they wanted to give me 10.95% (I could get 6% from banks around here). There was no way I was going to do that.
Well, I spoke with my fiancee, and we were going to do a joint application (she has a credit score of 800, and Capital One's prime rates were like 5.5%). We do the application. and because it was over a weekend, had to wait a few days.

Well, i woke up that Monday morning only to find out they rejected us. I was shocked. So, I called up, and spoke with an account manager, and this is what she told me; "we see you were approved for a higher interest rate, and that is what we want to give you. We don't want you to have alower interest rate, because we don't make as much money off of you." I almost flipped out. I told her how I didn't think that was ethical, and I wanted to talk to a supervisor. She then told me "no", and said I "wasn't entitled to." I argued with her for anhour and a half (they aren't allowed to hang up on you), and was told a supervisor would call me within a day. Still hasn't happened (it's the principle, I ended up financing through Honda for 5.9%).
I hate Capital One.

Old 06-06-2006, 01:49 AM
Someone that spends his life on FitFreak.net
Anyone who uses capital one should be a shamed of themselves for supporting a corporation that enjoys junk mailing.

Old 06-06-2006, 07:18 AM
Master FitFreaker
damn that sucks glad I dont use them anymore

Old 06-06-2006, 07:23 AM
damn, that really sucks.. they sent me a letter home yesterday saying i was pre-approved for a loan but i just tore it up and threw it out

Old 06-06-2006, 07:28 AM
5 Year Member
yeah, they suck. My wife and I are both in the 700's scorewise and Capital One wanted to put is at 12%, I said you are on ****ing crack. When you try to call you get some freakin Indian overseas that can't speak a lick of ****ing English. Dont' get me started on Capital One.

Old 06-06-2006, 08:15 AM
Originally Posted by glhboy
yeah, they suck. My wife and I are both in the 700's scorewise and Capital One wanted to put is at 12%, I said you are on ****ing crack. When you try to call you get some freakin Indian overseas that can't speak a lick of ****ing English. Dont' get me started on Capital One.
whoa, sounds like you had a very bad experience with them.

the letter that i got said 12% also

Old 06-06-2006, 09:44 AM
5 Year Member
They suck. Credit unions are your friend.

Old 06-06-2006, 09:57 AM
Someone that spends his life on FitFreak.net
BTW i know i sound like i'm joking, but i do hear complaints about cap 1. it does send the most junk mail. on another forum, i made a thread on how much junk they send. on that same thread, at least one or two mentioned examples just like yours about how they got screwed like that.

Old 06-06-2006, 10:03 AM
5 Year Member
I must be one of the few in the minority that has had nothing but good luck with CapitalOne Auto Finance. My rate is 5.65% with them. The best rate my credit union had to offer was 5.99%.

I applied with CapitalOne online on a Saturday, and had both my "We've received your application - someone may need to contact you with questions" and my "Congratulations, you've been approved!" emails within three minutes. I had the check within a week (could've paid to have it quicker, but was still waiting for the car to arrive, so no big deal).

The transaction at the dealership couldn't have been easier, as all I had to do was fill in the VIN in the check's memo field, make it out to the dealership, and sign the check. Done!

It was by-far the easiest car buying experience I've ever had. I'm sorry your experience wasn't nearly as good as mine.

Old 06-06-2006, 10:04 AM
Wow. I just started researching auto financing. I have a decent credit score of 680 (not fab, but a start). I got 10.69 through them with a discount from Coscto. Whatever! The dealer is currently offering me 7.39. I have a few weeks to decide, since the car isn't here, so I also tried ELoan and they offered 10.74 to start and then came down to 10.50 when I told them that the dealer was offering 7.39. Gee, that helped. So now I'm trying a Credit Union. We'll see how I do.

I haven't even bothered to call Capital One back.

Old 06-06-2006, 10:26 AM
5 Year Member
just remember everytime someone runs your credit for a loan app your credit falls a little.

Old 06-06-2006, 10:33 AM
my gf is using Capital One and recieved a 6.65% APR. Honda Finance wanted 7%. Those of you who recieved a high rate from Cap One probably dont realize this, but its NOT just credit score that determines the rate you get. credit score is just ONE factor in receiving a good rate.

Buy a credit report with score and check all your previous negative transactions. there are tips on how to get rid of the negatives on your credit report. check http://www.americanloansearch.com/info-creditrepair.htm on how to repair your credit and receive a fair rate.

Old 06-06-2006, 12:36 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by DewaltDakota
I must be one of the few in the minority that has had nothing but good luck with CapitalOne Auto Finance. My rate is 5.65% with them. The best rate my credit union had to offer was 5.99%.

I applied with CapitalOne online on a Saturday, and had both my "We've received your application - someone may need to contact you with questions" and my "Congratulations, you've been approved!" emails within three minutes. I had the check within a week (could've paid to have it quicker, but was still waiting for the car to arrive, so no big deal).

The transaction at the dealership couldn't have been easier, as all I had to do was fill in the VIN in the check's memo field, make it out to the dealership, and sign the check. Done!

It was by-far the easiest car buying experience I've ever had. I'm sorry your experience wasn't nearly as good as mine.
This almost exactly describes my experience as well.

Old 06-06-2006, 02:43 PM
Avid FitFreak Poster
that is stupid.. I hate banks...

Old 06-06-2006, 08:49 PM
5 Year Member
i got 5.54 in april, Very happy, i got it online. But I feel your pain, these banks/credit card co.s are horrible

Old 06-06-2006, 09:05 PM
5 Year Member
Not trying to be a dick... but shouldn't this be in Off Topic?

Old 06-07-2006, 08:09 AM
5 Year Member
Capital One bombards with radio & TV ads -- that's my first signal that something is up. They pass their advertising costs onto the consumer. Did you check out e-loans and some of the other outfits on line? There are some really good deals out there. Joining a credit union and taking advantage of their car loan packages is another way to go. 5.9% from Honda is very good, though. Watch out for financing via the dealer -- they tack on extra interest.