General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Ricer douche rear ends me

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2010, 11:26 PM
Ricer douche rear ends me

Man.. what is it with these cars? I swear I've seen to many rear ender threads

I was on a major 5 lane city arterial stopped at a light when this douche nozzle started doing the ricer dance jerking his car back and forth behind me and skipping his Civic off the rev limiter. We could hear it over his bumping stereo inside my car that had the windows up, the sound of a wound up B series is pretty distinctive. I started to go, stalled my car.. then as I got going again I had to stop for the car in front of me who made an illegal left turn from the left lane of travel. Just as I stop hard this tool does the redline clutch dump right on my bumper and hits me He was maybe a foot away from the bumper of my car.

Damage isn't bad... he had insurance surprisingly. I think that my chiropractor bill may exceed the cost of the damage to the car. My neck and back is pretty sore as is my passenger's

This dude was pretty classy. Had to have the police show up and do the report because he was resisting giving up information and very combative and hostile. I was worried he was going to assault me, and the fact he was digging in his pockets made me even more concerned. He threatened to smash my camera as I was taking pictures and got in my face from the instant we pulled over. He was looking for a fight from the start.

He made such classy statements as "If I was racing, I'd have a f***ing turbo swap in it" and "you couldn't hear my engine over my stereo, you heard me spinning my clutch!"

My car:
Name:  100_0154.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  111.2 KB

Ricer douches car:
Name:  100_0147.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  118.7 KB

Name:  100_0150.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  115.4 KB

Someone realizes I'm taking pictures...

Name:  100_0149.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  93.0 KB

....and he forgets that you can take pictures of people in public spaces, tries to grab my camera, and threatens to smash my camera. His passenger had to convince him to back off

Name:  100_0151.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  97.6 KB

Name:  100_0152.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  52.6 KB

Old 09-27-2010, 11:32 PM
5 Year Member
Wife beaterrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. hahaha.

(Sorry about your car, at least you can laugh at that idiot.)

Old 09-27-2010, 11:37 PM
at least you are more or less ok, looks like the fit won, but i am sorry that this happened to you. hope everything goes well with the claim.

Old 09-28-2010, 12:47 AM
5 Year Member
that sucks i feel really bad, at least you have a story to tell.
Rule #1 dont be an idiot. and he fails at life lol

Old 09-28-2010, 12:52 AM
If there was ever a reason not to do the sport-compact mod thing, it's to not be associated with douches.

It's bad enough that I have a flamin' red Ninja!

Old 09-28-2010, 12:52 AM
5 Year Member
Should have let trailer trash boy hit you...a black eye is worth a lot if you go after his wallet for assault and douche-baggery. You can part out his car for the money and fix up the Fit.

Don't take pictures...lol that's fresh...clearly his wife beater cut off the blood flow to his brain. You're taking pictures of an accident that HE caused.

My girlfriend was an accident investigator for AAA. Here's a tip for the rest of you. Most if not all people that try to weasel out by saying no cops, i'm in a hurry, etc etc. They are trying to weasel out. 9 out of 10 times if you let them go, you'll never hear from them again and you get left with the bill. So ignore how nice they are, the shirt and tie, how pretty, how big her tits were. Yeah insurance might pay, but that turns around to increased premiums for everyone. Get it done right the first time, get the cops involved, don't be intimidated by douche bags.

Last edited by FITrunner; 09-28-2010 at 12:58 AM.
Old 09-28-2010, 02:38 AM
I'm sorry to hear about this. I would be furious if this happened to me. Good luck with everything, hopefully the repairs go smoothly

Old 09-28-2010, 03:07 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
sorry to hear.

Old 09-29-2010, 09:47 PM
His insurance is accepting liability.. now to hash out getting my car fixed and damages...

Anyone deal with this before? I will need a loaner or rental while it's in the shop.

Old 09-29-2010, 10:01 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Sherpa
His insurance is accepting liability.. now to hash out getting my car fixed and damages...

Anyone deal with this before? I will need a loaner or rental while it's in the shop.
If his insurance is covering it check with them, rentals are usually covered by the policy as well but not 100%.

Glad to hear its covered and getting fixed.

Old 09-29-2010, 10:12 PM
5 Year Member
i have dealt with this with my previous car. while not exactly the same scenario of accident but, the opposing party claimed at fault.

my case: i was heading straight, a late model 5 series (traveling at a slower rate) cut into my lane trying to make a illegal u turn from the far right lane while i was passing by him.

all in all this was a clean cut case because i also had a friend and my wife with me at the time of the accident.

1st. the way my insurance company handled the case was for me to get my car to my insurance's certified and approved body shop. in this case you do not pay out of pocket for your deductible.

2nd. your insurance should contact a local (nearby the body shop) rental car agency. the rental car agency will then give you options on what kind of car you can rent depending on your insurance " daily rental limit". all rental fees and cost will be covered by their insurance. mine was at $25 a day which the rental guy freaked out and said i could pretty much pick out anything out in the lot except the e-class and the escalade. (it was between the Cadillac sts or the 08' maxima, took the maxima)

3rd. their insurance claim adjuster will inspect your car that is in the body shop to estimate your damage and repair cost. once that is done, the repair shop will get work started on your car and they will give you an estimate of when the repairs will be finished.

optional 4th*. if you were injured in any way contact an attorney and get compensation and medical attention (physical therapy).

Old 09-29-2010, 10:24 PM
5 Year Member
Coverage

"Accepting liability"... is your leverage to cover whatever you need. Take your car to an insurance approved (yours) shop, even to a dealer with a body shop if you'd like. The liable party's insurance should cover your rental and lost wages related to the accident. Yes... been there...

Glad you're ok...

Old 09-29-2010, 10:30 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Sorry to hear about your car - what a tool. Glad you got pictures of his behavior and just happy that you were OK. Let us know how it goes hope you get back on the road as soon as possible.

Cat

Old 09-29-2010, 10:57 PM
ecl
5 Year Member
Damn sucks that happened to you; idiots like that are beyond disgusting. Hope everything gets settled well.

Old 09-30-2010, 12:38 AM
my additional thoughts...

my wife has been told on two different ocasions that the cops were not going to come out and fill out an accident report (once the excuse was because she was hit in a parking lot). You need a report every time... tell the dispatcher you suspect something isn't right.. alcohol maybe? and make sure someone gets out there to take statements.

Also, never leave the scene of an accident you were involved in, until you are told to by the law. They don't care whether it was your fault or not, all they know is that it can be suspicious behavior.

Sorry about the douche. that guy looks like a loser- and also drives like a dipshit apparently.

Old 09-30-2010, 12:44 AM
Monday I go to the insurance company's body shop for their "estimate". I'm going to try to get into the dealer on Friday so I can be well armed.. fortunately the insurance shop is one I've known from the past.. they seemed straight up then, but then again I wasn't a customer of theirs or going in for insurance work.

I need to have the seat belts looked at too.. the tensioners are acting funky

The police did come out.. this guy was uncooperative at best and I was worried he may attempt to assault me. Last thing I, or my friend, wanted to do was throw down in a parking lot with a couple idiots. Sure.. we'd have taken them, but I didn't want to risk it escalating.

Last edited by Sherpa; 09-30-2010 at 12:53 AM.
Old 09-30-2010, 11:10 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
sherpa- dont take it to their insurance body shop cause they will source the cheapest labor and materials. take it to your bodyshop of your choice and have them pay for it. talk to your insurance agent and have them argue.

while you note this to your insurance, tell them you'll need a loaner car so have your insurange agent talk to their insurance agent to have it arranged. your agent is there to help you out.

Old 09-30-2010, 11:58 AM
5 Year Member
The police did come out.. this guy was uncooperative at best and I was worried he may attempt to assault me. Last thing I, or my friend, wanted to do was throw down in a parking lot with a couple idiots. Sure.. we'd have taken them, but I didn't want to risk it escalating.
i actually kinda like his car, hes a prety big dude... i would have to say good call on not starting the fight.

i bet i could out bench him tho.. except damn hes got some arms on him, iam jealous.

Old 09-30-2010, 12:20 PM
5 Year Member
It seems like all of these guys with shaved heads or closely cropped hair cuts are into intimidating behavior... Even cops are into the same thing....Tailgating is a means of being intimidating as well.... I'm glad I can legally carry a firearm in my vehicle since I am too old to be kicking on some muscled up bald headed jerk these days.

Old 09-30-2010, 12:38 PM
^^word! Az concealed carry law rocks. Too old and lazy to hash it out with some meathead.

Quick Reply: Ricer douche rear ends me