General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Girl Car

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2010, 11:56 PM
5 Year Member
Girl Car

The jetta is girlie car
what other cars would you consider girlie...

Old 11-12-2010, 12:15 AM
5 Year Member
Honda fit, for sure

Old 11-12-2010, 12:48 AM
Corolla.
PT Cruiser.
CRV... heck, most compact SUVs - you can get a Jeep Liberty without four wheel drive, but you can't order one without an illuminated makeup mirror. Think about it.

Old 11-12-2010, 12:49 AM
The Fit seems to be strangey popular among older people. Don't they know they're supposed to drive Mercurys and Buicks?

Old 11-12-2010, 12:59 AM
easy... SUVs

Old 11-12-2010, 01:03 AM
5 Year Member
A few off the top of my head...

Bentley Continental GT
BMW 3 series coupe E92 excluding the M and 335iS
Cadillac XLR and XLR-V
Chevy HHR
Chevy Aveo/Pontiac G3
Fiat 500 (I'd drive it though. )
Ford Mustang, V6 model only excluding the Shelby Terlingua
Honda Civic, including coupe, sedan, Si, and Hybrid models.
Honda CRZ
Infinity G37
Mini Cooper and Cooper S R56 (2007-now) excluding the JCW
Nissan Versa
Saturn Sky, including the Redline model
Scion Tc
VW "new" Beetle
VW Golf

Last edited by Hootie; 11-12-2010 at 01:05 AM.
Old 11-12-2010, 01:11 AM
Originally Posted by Hootie

Bentley Continental GT
Cadillac XLR and XLR-V
Chevy HHR
Chevy Aveo/Pontiac G3
Honda CRZ
Infinity G37
Nissan Versa
Scion Tc
VW "new" Beetle
VW Golf
Funny... Scion TC - I've NEVER seen anyone but a college-aged guy driving one. Golfs, especially Golf TDIs seem to slant toward the male side as well. CR-Z - I've only seen about 3-4 in the wild, but they've all had guys driving them.
Civic SI - never seen a chick drive one. The ladies stick to automatics.
Sky - almost always guys.

Old 11-12-2010, 01:16 AM
5 Year Member
Miata.. :P

Old 11-12-2010, 01:19 AM
ecl
5 Year Member
scion TC for sure

Old 11-12-2010, 01:22 AM
Are you guys defining girlie as "exuding femininity," or "more drivers are female than male?"

Subaru wagons are almost exclusively piloted by ladies, but not necessarily 'girlie' ladies.

Golf and Jetta seem fairly popular among the gay crowd, though with a tendency toward DINK households, they usually find their way into low-end lux cars pretty quickly (3-series, A4's, etc.)

Last edited by Occam; 11-12-2010 at 01:24 AM.
Old 11-12-2010, 01:23 AM
Originally Posted by hayden
Miata.. :P
No. Brilliant track cars.

Bentley Continental GT
Footballers Car actually
Or for douchebags who can't afford the good ones but want the status of bimmer driver
Cadillac XLR and XLR-V
not the V
Chevy HHR
No one wants one of those
Chevy Aveo/Pontiac G3
Sure
They're so cute lol...I'd love an abarth
yes.
WHOA. Si ftw
Honda CRZ
Yes
Infinity G37
Douchebags car
Sure. But still awesome
Nissan Versa
Yep
I'd rock a Redline
Scion Tc
yeah
VW "new" Beetle
I'd drive a 1.8T haha
VW Golf
Excluding GTi?

sdiofjslfjslfkjsdlfkjsfjslfkjsflsdf

Old 11-12-2010, 01:27 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Occam
The Fit seems to be strangey popular among older people. Don't they know they're supposed to drive Mercurys and Buicks?
Fifteen years ago I drove a Lincoln Town Car but not often I was riding my two BMWs and a Honda Helix all of the time and got rid of my two Harleys and Lincoln to get a Volvo 760 Intercooled Turbo.... I am seriously giving thought to the idea of a decent used luxury car with ultra comfortable seating..... I need to see if I can pull off the seat mod that you did to your car... Since I removed the rear seats the rear end raised up some and now the seat base feels low in front and it is painful to drive 200 miles in even if I get out and stretch... I hope I can get the Fit to be more comfortable to drive and not have to get something else.... Regardless then Fit isn't going anywhere. It's a cool car for an old man if the old man put in a supercharger and makes other performance changes.

Last edited by Texas Coyote; 11-12-2010 at 01:30 AM.
Old 11-12-2010, 01:33 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Slowbros
No. Brilliant track cars.
Preaching to the choir.

Old 11-12-2010, 02:02 AM
5 Year Member
Funny... Scion TC - I've NEVER seen anyone but a college-aged guy driving one. Golfs, especially Golf TDIs seem to slant toward the male side as well. CR-Z - I've only seen about 3-4 in the wild, but they've all had guys driving them.
Civic SI - never seen a chick drive one. The ladies stick to automatics.
Sky - almost always guys.
Around here a year or two ago, all I would see is nothing but teenage girls with ridiculously huge sunglasses driving them. As for the golf, I was thinking of the hatch model in regards of its appeal but didn't remember if the hatch had a different name other than the GTi (which isn't girly in any way, shape, or form).

The current body Civics, no matter what spec they are, have always seemed like chick cars to me due to its body lines. Same with the Saturn Sky and the excessive chrome doesn't help it in the macho department either (just my opinion). I've seen several Skys in the area being driven by women, two of which were Redlines.

As for the CRZ, without the optional factory lip kit its a border line for that particular car. I've only seen three in person, none of them had the lip kits and only one of them was on the road. Depending on the color choice (without the OEM lip kit), any of the brighter colors such as Milano Red or the blue on the CRZ looks rather femmy to me. On the other hand, if the car was Crystal Black, Taffeta White, Storm Silver, or some other neutral color then seems more masculine to me.

Old 11-12-2010, 02:31 AM
LOL not a mention of Smart

Old 11-12-2010, 03:49 AM
5 Year Member
I'm just listing cars that seem girly to me.

Originally Posted by Slowbros

Bentley Continental GT
Footballers Car actually
Or for douchebags who can't afford the good ones but want the status of bimmer driver
Cadillac XLR and XLR-V
not the V
Chevy HHR
No one wants one of those
Chevy Aveo/Pontiac G3
Sure
They're so cute lol...I'd love an abarth
yes.
WHOA. Si ftw
Honda CRZ
Yes
Infinity G37
Douchebags car
Sure. But still awesome
Nissan Versa
Yep
I'd rock a Redline
Scion Tc
yeah
VW "new" Beetle
I'd drive a 1.8T haha
VW Golf
Excluding GTi?

sdiofjslfjslfkjsdlfkjsfjslfkjsflsdf
Have you carefully looked at the body line's of a Conti GT? The exterior is totally designed to appeal to the female eye, it doesn't really matter that footballers buy anyway since either their wives are usually driving it or they have it as a statues symbol. Even the hopped up Conti GTC...well...maybe for the more butch ladies , but still a femmy car just with a dash of testosterone.

As for the XLR, V or no V, to me that particular car is aimed at the older/mature/business (think late 30s-mid/late40s) women. The V model is sort of like a mature Z06 in eyes. It has the luxury, comfort, and look like that of a typical Cadillac and also performance similar to a base C6 'Vette (for the V at least). If a guy was looking into something like that, they'd typically go for a base C6, CTS(-V), or go straight for the C6 Gran Sport or Z06.

The Civic Si...I'll put it like this. The body is still that of a regular Civic coupe/sedan which is girly to me, it just has a K20 and 6 speed trans opposed to the R18 and auto/manual transmission as well as other performance bits. To me, that's kinda like a dude getting a sex change. Sure the parts are swapped and they maybe considered a chick (Si), but genetically speaking that's still a guy (Civic).

Note: Not dissing sex change operations by the way, just trying to make a point.

The G37s, I do agree that douches do own them, mostly the coupes though. The sedan has always seemed to me as a soccer mom's alternative vehicle for some reason. Same goes with the G35 and Hyundai Genesis Sedan.

The R56 Coopers are in a similar boat as the Civic Si I'll admit, but the JCW is eliminated from the chick car list in both performance and styling, period. The Justacooper (non-S) is hands down a chick's car, even if you swap the chrome grill for the more aggressive S grill and plastidip/blackout the belt line, it'll look still look like a chick car (just with a little attitude then ). The R56 S, is more a unisex model like the CRZ but depending on the choice of color, mods, etc. it can be viewed as a chick's car (again, to me at least).

Saturn Skys just scream Hollywood/LA/Miami chick car to me, but then again I shouldn't be talking much...since I'd rock a Soltice GXP droptop any day of the week... Or maybe a Mallet V8 converted Soltice... Anywho, moving on to the last car...

...The GTi. I couldn't view it as a chick car despite seeing a white 3 door the other day being driven by a woman. Sure, the Golf hatch and GTi are essentially the same body but the GTi is just way too butch to be a chick's car to me.

Originally Posted by ThEvil0nE
LOL not a mention of Smart
I could daily a Smart car...just needs a turbo Hyabusa swap with a sticky set of tires and then I'm set. But back on topic, I don't see it as a girly car; just a wicked tiny street legal go kart.

Last edited by Hootie; 11-12-2010 at 03:52 AM.
Old 11-12-2010, 07:46 AM
Funny. In 1982 my wife and I were shopping for a new car. As we sat in a new Volvo I asked my wife what she thought about buying it. She said: "Let's wait till we're old to buy a Volvo". We're in our 70's and haven't bought one yet. We drive a Fit and a Miata. Both could be considered girlie cars.

Old 11-12-2010, 09:12 AM
I could daily a Smart car...just needs a turbo Hyabusa swap with a sticky set of tires and then I'm set. But back on topic, I don't see it as a girly car; just a wicked tiny street legal go kart.
how can a Smart car not be a girlie car??? It's from SWATCH... a swatch-mobile and add Mercedes in the mix and you have the perfect Barbie car on earth... well sorta (coz FIAT already has a Barbie 500)... make that the perfect HELLO KITTY car on earth!!!

for $1,700 Do Hello Kitty graphics on Smart cars go too far? - Drive On: A conversation about the cars and trucks we drive - USATODAY.com

Fiat 500 | The Best Car: New Fiat 500 Barbie @ Fiat Marylebone (London)

would love to see both cars on track

Old 11-12-2010, 09:40 AM
5 Year Member
Austin has a gazillion Smarts, and it's mostly men. I think that women, on average, might think it's too dangerous. Then again, I live in the middle of the city. Those things are useful around here!

Here is my list in addition to some of the more obvious ones like the Jetta:

White GM Sedans
Sunfire
Del Sol
Mustang v6
Celica
Cabrio
RSX
Toyota SUVs

Old 11-12-2010, 09:53 AM
I was still in NY when the Smart first hit the streets and every time I see one it's mostly women drivers and there's alot of Smarts in NYC. I do agree with you on "too small and dangerous" part hence the reservation for other women would be Smart owners.

Quick Reply: Girl Car