General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Fit Sport: Anyone Figure Out the "Disc-" and "Disc+" Stereo Buttons?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 11:12 PM
Fit Sport: Anyone Figure Out the "Disc-" and "Disc+" Stereo Buttons?

I've got a Fit Sport and can't seem to find what the "Disc-" and "Disc+" buttons do on the stereo. It almost appears as if these would switch discs in a multi-changer, but this radio only plays single discs. When I'm playing CDs, these buttons don't seem to change anything. Any ideas?

Old 06-12-2006, 11:14 PM
Someone that spends his life on FitFreak.net
Did you read your owner's manual?

Old 06-12-2006, 11:16 PM
Originally Posted by b17gsr
Did you read your owner's manual?
Yeah, I just looked again before this post. The images of the stereo in the manual show these buttons, but I didn't find any reference to them in the text. Also, the index doesn't list them either. Do you know what they do?

Old 06-12-2006, 11:25 PM
it doesn't show in the manual.. last I checked.
i think it's exactly as you said - the sound system looks like it was meant for a 6disc changer

Old 06-12-2006, 11:25 PM
Knowing Honda, they are for an optional CD Changer, even though none are currently offered.

Old 06-12-2006, 11:26 PM
its for like MP3 discs. I have one CD with three different albums on it, and the Disc- Disc+ switched between the albums.

Old 06-12-2006, 11:27 PM
Maybe that's it. I carefully tried to put a 2nd disc in the stereo yesterday, and it would go easily so I didn't push it. It must be for an aftermarket add-on.

Old 06-12-2006, 11:29 PM
Originally Posted by southwilrise87
its for like MP3 discs. I have one CD with three different albums on it, and the Disc- Disc+ switched between the albums.
I'll have to try that. I did play a CD with different songs (from different albums) but it didn't work that way for me. I had to use the other buttons to index the songs up and down.

Is there anything special that you need to do to create multiple "albums" on a CD? Do you store them in different folders?

Old 06-12-2006, 11:31 PM
Also, has anyone found a way for the song names to automatically scroll across the screen? My display only shows the first words of the song, then truncates the last word with a right arrow but doesn't display past that.

What I'd really like to do is find a display mode where the display cycles between artist, album and song.

Old 06-13-2006, 12:29 AM
i've tried getting it to scroll too but doesn't work

Old 06-13-2006, 08:24 AM
Exclamation

Originally Posted by gcisko
Maybe that's it. I carefully tried to put a 2nd disc in the stereo yesterday, and it would go easily so I didn't push it. It must be for an aftermarket add-on.
OMG You must have been the kid that put peanut butter toast in the VCR too! Maybe you should have lubed the disc up before trying to insert 2

Old 06-13-2006, 10:46 AM
I'll have to try that. I did play a CD with different songs (from different albums) but it didn't work that way for me. I had to use the other buttons to index the songs up and down.
Was it an MP3 CD or a normal audio CD? Did you have different folders on the MP3 CD?

Old 06-13-2006, 10:58 AM
Four Wheels Enthusiast
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by southwilrise87
Actually thats what the folder and other buttons are for. I would think that mabye the Disc - ; + would be for something with the iPOD control

Old 06-13-2006, 11:36 AM
Its for an MP3 CD i think

Old 06-13-2006, 02:58 PM
Is there anything special that you need to do to create multiple "albums" on a CD? Do you store them in different folders?
You have to burn MP3s to a CD as files (using windows, choose to burn the CD as a Data CD, NOT a music CD). MP3 files in different folders will show as different 'albums'. Each folder (as your computer sees it) will be an 'album' as your stereo sees it. The Disc +/- keys should switch between folders IF there are multiple folders on the CD. (the root folder should also count as an 'album')

Old 06-13-2006, 09:38 PM
Originally Posted by Fray Adjacent
You have to burn MP3s to a CD as files (using windows, choose to burn the CD as a Data CD, NOT a music CD). MP3 files in different folders will show as different 'albums'. Each folder (as your computer sees it) will be an 'album' as your stereo sees it. The Disc +/- keys should switch between folders IF there are multiple folders on the CD. (the root folder should also count as an 'album')
After reading your post, I burned a new Data CD with folders for each artist and MP3 files within each folder. No luck with the Disc+/- buttons. They don't do a thing with MP3s in folders. However, the buttons marked "folder" do change folders nicely.

The mystery continues...

Old 06-14-2006, 02:57 AM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Maybe Folder changes the top-level, and disc+/- changes sub folders? Just guessing, since I'm waiting for my Fit!

Old 06-14-2006, 06:56 PM
5 Year Member
There are already buttons for changing songs in a folder, and changing between folders. I haven't seen that disc -/+ do anything, or how to get the long names to scroll.

Old 06-16-2006, 08:33 AM
I have a Jazz 2002, and DIsc-, + are for optional CD charger which is in the boot. You change discs with it. At least that is what it says in my manual. Is there an option for MP3 reader as well? I have only normal CD (although mine can read CDR as well as CD RW, which was excellent)

Old 06-16-2006, 09:38 AM
Honda have a 6 CD changer as a dealer fit after-market accessory for all Jazzs in the UK - it goes in the lower slot of the glove box - although in some markets it can't because that is where the pollen filter fits. Anyway those buttons move between CDs

Quick Reply: Fit Sport: Anyone Figure Out the "Disc-" and "Disc+" Stereo Buttons?