General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

If you bought a Fit and you are happy post a reply

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2006, 03:04 AM
5 Year Member
If you bought a Fit and you are happy post a reply

I have known people to buy new cars they should not have. They have Big car payments and maybee even a car problem or two.
My point is I have no buyer regrets at all. If you feel the same lets here it. I think that people that own fits know what they want.

Old 06-18-2006, 10:30 AM
i'm very happy with my purchase, i have had no problem or complaint after a mear 2400 miles sofar isnce mid april, gas milage is superb, i can average about 37 mpg so far, with a max of 43 mpg just one time on a highway trip, the only suggestion i can give is to take care of how you wash the outside of the car, take extreme caution and do not use a soft touch or any type of automated car wash that actualy touch's the car, and when you hand wash and dry it, be careful not to rub to hard, you will scratch the paint.

Old 06-18-2006, 10:33 AM
I've only got about 1400 miles on it so far, and the only regret that I have is that I don't have any more time to drive it.

Old 06-18-2006, 11:12 AM
No regrets here, got it Apr. 25 and almost 3K later it just gets better.

Old 06-18-2006, 11:18 AM
5 Year Member
Love my Fit! The name fits, because it suits my lifestyle and my needs perfectly. I keep seeing the word "nimble" in Fit test drive articles, and that is what came to mind when I first drove mine. Mpg is not quite as good as the EPA figures. I have a Storm Silver Sport and I wonder if the paint might be more resilient than some of the others; scratching and swirling don't seem to be a problem. The car interior is "upscale" and both the exterior and interior have that magnetic practical/aesthetic combination. Take good care of your Fits -- I think the first generation Fit is going to be a collectors' car.

Only two improvements I'd like: A slightly bigger gas tank (I have a long commute and I stop for gas more often than an econocar should need to) and upholstery that doesn't show every bit of lint and pet hair (SSS has black & gray plush fabric). These are very minor drawbacks. Who knew that a base level car could give so much enjoyment! Monday mornings are a whole lot easier to deal with thanks to my Honda Fit!

Old 06-18-2006, 01:33 PM
Father of the Wasteland
5 Year Member
I love me car. Being 6'5" and having way more then enough space. My only regret... not having money to put into it.

Old 06-18-2006, 01:48 PM
Four Wheels Enthusiast
5 Year Member
No regrets.. only losing my chick.. but that has nothing to do with the car

Old 06-18-2006, 02:04 PM
5 Year Member
I don't think I could be happier. I am just a recent owner (jun 14th and about 250 miles) and coming from a land rover discovery, this car still has nearly the same amount of space AND 3x the fuel economy. Woo Hoo!

but alas i do have the same regret as a few other owners, not having more cash to put back into the ride : )

Old 06-18-2006, 02:08 PM
Yeah alhad mine for a while now and cant be happier. get a fit if your looking for practicality and fun bunddled together in a smart looking package

Old 06-18-2006, 02:14 PM
Master FitFreaker
very happy here

Old 06-18-2006, 02:33 PM
Just picked mine up yesterday and I'm psyched about it. Great little car. Like it more than my previous 01 Civic.

Old 06-18-2006, 03:04 PM
5 Year Member
I could use a "skosh" more room around my right foot and leg. I am 6' 4" and fit pretty well in the seat & headroom areas but my right knee sometimes bumps the edge of the cupholder. Other than that (and the low beam adjustment I am going to do) it is great so far!

Old 06-18-2006, 04:09 PM
Father of the Wasteland
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by sLiVeRwOrM
Sorry to hear that, but think of it this way more money to put into the fit

P.S. im probaly moving to Copperas Cove in july how is the whole import crowd down there?

Old 06-18-2006, 04:09 PM
Father of the Wasteland
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by sLiVeRwOrM
Sorry to hear that, but think of it this way more money to put into the fit

P.S. im probaly moving to Copperas Cove in july how is the whole import crowd down there?

Old 06-18-2006, 04:22 PM
5 Year Member
I saw in at the NYC Auto Show on April 7th and i was HOOKED! I joined FitFreaks that night! Signed Deal on April 23rd (sunday after it's release date the 20th) and Picked my "'07 Fit Sport Manual Trans. Vivid Blue Pearl" up on April 27th 2006!!!

Love the Car! Obsessed with the Car!! Only wish it came with and armrest! Factory ones are only way to go! So i'm waiting......

But i definately recommend the FIT!

Old 06-18-2006, 04:32 PM
Love the Fit. This is one of the handiest cars. We have taken it camping twice. I love driving it and we can pack it full and drive anywhere and still get a lot of looks. People love checking out the Fit.

Camping:

Old 06-18-2006, 05:27 PM
5 Year Member
bump knee on cup holder

Originally Posted by tubaman
I could use a "skosh" more room around my right foot and leg. I am 6' 4" and fit pretty well in the seat & headroom areas but my right knee sometimes bumps the edge of the cupholder. Other than that (and the low beam adjustment I am going to do) it is great so far!
I have the same problem I cant wait to find padding to put there and on the drivers arm rest.

Old 06-18-2006, 05:32 PM
5 Year Member
How will I feel when they come out with the next generation Fit? Better gas milage a few more perks but will I still be happy? If I buy a new fit it will not be a hybred and it will get 38 to 45 mpg.
The only other big purchase I really felt this good about Ive made is orthondontic work with braces. 6,ooo/4 years later .

Old 06-18-2006, 06:25 PM
I can't say it enough - I love this car!

Old 06-18-2006, 06:26 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
i .......................love.............my fit!!

Quick Reply: If you bought a Fit and you are happy post a reply