General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Faster fit in 2007?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2006, 04:33 PM
Talking Faster fit in 2007?

Hi All,

New here, first post in fact, been lurking this board since last night pretty much...i like the fit, in fact i would not mind having a white one, with cf hood and spoiler...hmmmmm, but yeah, i heard that a new one with faster engine might come out next year? Any info on this? I DID do a search for it, and checked the faq's and searched for half an hour before posting this, so NO FLAMING! :-p

Thanks,

Jeff
www.dealfactory.net

Old 06-19-2006, 04:47 PM
5 Year Member
OMGNEWB! jk Hmm... I'd be surprised honestly if they put a bigger power plant in this car for the simple fact that isn't it's mission. This is a small, nimble, fuel efficient, LEV car. If anything I see the 1.3l making it over here if the 1.4l does really really well which is obviously is. The hybrids will come, but a larger engine? Who knows, but I haven't heard, seen or read anything indicating such a beast is coming Personally...if there was a 1.6l option, I'd still have taken the 1.4l simply because I need a high mileage comuter. I might have even gone for the 1.3l if it was available.

Old 06-19-2006, 05:00 PM
Master FitFreaker
I dont think they r.......

Old 06-19-2006, 05:01 PM
Nice, thanks.
Might have to consider trading me 2004 scion xb for one, these are nice...and jdm options baby, ahh yeah

Old 06-19-2006, 05:40 PM
Master FitFreaker
Originally Posted by tattedxb
Nice, thanks.
Might have to consider trading me 2004 scion xb for one, these are nice...and jdm options baby, ahh yeah
do it u wont regret it

Old 06-19-2006, 06:46 PM
5 Year Member
Well the next generation Fit will come soon (1-2 years), and it will definitely have more horsepower. However, it will probably weigh more, which will offset much of the performance gain.

Whether or not there will be an engine change (i.e. a smaller R-series) and/or greater engine displacement I have no idea.

If there is any performance difference, it's not like it will be a night and day.

Old 06-19-2006, 11:03 PM
Hmm cool, thanks for the info...is there that much of a diff between the reg and sport model?

Old 06-19-2006, 11:57 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by corey415
Well the next generation Fit will come soon (1-2 years), and it will definitely have more horsepower. However, it will probably weigh more, which will offset much of the performance gain.

Whether or not there will be an engine change (i.e. a smaller R-series) and/or greater engine displacement I have no idea.

If there is any performance difference, it's not like it will be a night and day.
Yeah the next gen Fit will have more horsepower. I think I read a press release saying that it'll be around 120-125 hp. So a pretty proper increase. As for the "lack" of performance gain," I don't think it's important to worry. Whatever Honda does to offset the performance, they'll tweak something else to make it more fun to drive. That has always been how I've seen Honda anyway.

Hmm cool, thanks for the info...is there that much of a diff between the reg and sport model?
Are you talking about the 07s or the newer Gens?

If you're asking about 07s:

The Fit Sport comes with: front lip, side skirts, wing, alloy wheels, foglights, and more interior amenities (aux jack, mp3 player, etc etc). Only the Sports AT comes with the paddle shifters (and a smaller radius steering wheel).

Old 06-20-2006, 02:29 AM
Originally Posted by bitterspeak
The Fit Sport comes with: front lip, side skirts, wing, alloy wheels, foglights, and more interior amenities (aux jack, mp3 player, etc etc). Only the Sports AT comes with the paddle shifters (and a smaller radius steering wheel).
Are you sure about this? They look the same size to me.

Old 06-20-2006, 09:17 AM
5 Year Member
If they make significant changes, the original Fit is likely to become a classic, especially since the production numbers suggest a "limited edition". This car is leading the pack in the new generation of fun-to-drive, safe econocars.

Old 06-20-2006, 12:18 PM
5 Year Member
There is a lot of conjecture about the model cycle on the Fit and when a new model will be released. There are even some rather uninspiring images of what it might look like. There is suggestion that it will be built in the US. There is talk of slipping the Insight powertrain in. I don't think anybody really knows.

With a car in such high demand all over the world, one wonders why Honda would change it...

Old 06-20-2006, 02:27 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by cheffyjay
With a car in such high demand all over the world, one wonders why Honda would change it...
While it is still selling well, the platform is still five years old.

Change isnt a bad thing either; I am confident that Honda wont louse up the next gen Fit.

Old 06-20-2006, 02:30 PM
Someone that spends his life on FitFreak.net
Honda redesigns the Civic even though it keeps selling well. Best way to stay ahead is to stay ahead.

Old 06-20-2006, 04:09 PM
Hmm, cool thanks guys, i really like white with cf, might have to consider this once i get my scion xb back up to par, my gf hates the xb, but she likes the fit alot...go figure, lol.

Old 06-20-2006, 04:47 PM
June 2007 1st Place Fit of the Month Winner
5 Year Member
Hmm, cool thanks guys, i really like white with cf, might have to consider this once i get my scion xb back up to par, my gf hates the xb, but she likes the fit alot...go figure, lol.
women know what they like...the FIT is an awesome car...if you are considering it put your down payment yo

Old 06-20-2006, 04:54 PM
Originally Posted by b17gsr
Honda redesigns the Civic even though it keeps selling well. Best way to stay ahead is to stay ahead.
Here in Portugal, someone that wants a Civic Hybrid, has to wait until 2007... There is a huge demand! Now, about Fit/Jazz, I think Honda will do a great job redesigning it. I seriously hope so, cause I'll buy one.

Old 06-20-2006, 10:30 PM
I dont see that happening for anothger 3 years. Honda has to have an entry level car, and the Fit is that car. With the Civic re-established as a performer, Honda will be looking very close at the market forces. The fit has done tremendously well in the USA and has been fantastic in the World Market. The Japanese market has jumped on the Jazz/Fit like no other car in recent history. IMHO (have some close ties to HA) the Powers-that-be will be viewing how the RDX does here in the USA. The RDX platform can be designed to cross-over into a Fit model of the near future. thats to me is very exciting, and all my contacts all are saying that Honda would like to dominate the performance market. With Mitsubishi having big problems Honda sees this as an opportunity to leverage Mitsubishi's share and steal it away. How many of you would Love to see an all-wheel drive 200hp Fit-of the Future? And only 3 years down stream........Reality sometimes is beter than your dreams.....Honda Suits always want a hatchback car for the USA market, now they have that. And the Jazz will need red-designed in the near future. So 3 years from now I predict that you will se a new fit with the RDX chasis and engine sitting underneath it...Turbo charged all-wheel drive 200+hp sleek styled super hatch called the FIT-Si for 2009....

GWD

Old 06-21-2006, 12:18 AM
5 Year Member
Sure. I'll believe it when it happens, and it wont.

Old 06-21-2006, 08:08 AM
5 Year Member
it's good to have dreams

Old 06-21-2006, 09:41 AM
Because of the late introduction in USA and in Chine, I guess that this JAzz/Fit will stay for more than one year with us. On the other hand, I believe that since there is an engine change, interior and exterior change for USA market, there is a chance to phase out current model from Europe and Japan (it is here almost 5 years), introduce a new one, and postpone its introduction in the States for 1 or 2 years (they waited to see what will Toyota do with Scion). If you check www.honda.co.uk, you will see that the only similarities are from outside, everything else is different.
This hybrid is very possible, since Insight has exactly the same axle distance as Jazz/Fit...

Quick Reply: Faster fit in 2007?