General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The manager at Discount tire tells me to not rotate my tires... really?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2012, 04:18 PM
5 Year Member
I agree with everyone! This is possible because most arguing the 'bad' tires up front are using extremes, so yes it would be silly to have no tread up front and new tires in the back. if you have four bad tires you should replace all four. If two get so bad they need replacing you probably need an alignment then new in rear perfectly fine safe for public roads once rears up front. That's as middle of the road as one can be.

Old 07-10-2012, 06:08 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Triskelion
Oooh, so superior! I hope that if my handling of my car causes a wreck, it is with your car on the receiving end.
Please grow up!!....this has nothing to do with superiority and everything to do about road safety!! As it has been stated many times in this thread 95% or more of the people who encounter over steer haven't a clue on how to deal with it. Everything becomes even more severe when you factor in weather, speed and reaction time.

It's not like people just make up safety rules for fun this particular practice exists based off previous experiences concerning car safety!!

Old 07-10-2012, 06:47 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by bmxman
Please grow up!!....this has nothing to do with superiority and everything to do about road safety!! As it has been stated many times in this thread 95% or more of the people who encounter over steer haven't a clue on how to deal with it. Everything becomes even more severe when you factor in weather, speed and reaction time.

It's not like people just make up safety rules for fun this particular practice exists based off previous experiences concerning car safety!!
Relax. There is absolutely no chance of me driving up to your island just to oversteer into your Fit. ------
Though I might reconsider with a rented truck. Post a photo of your Fit for future reference. Might be fun.

Last edited by Triskelion; 07-10-2012 at 07:40 PM.
Old 07-10-2012, 08:02 PM
5 Year Member
Why don't we settle this by all going out and buying a full set of Hoosier racing tires and mount them all the way around... Then we could argue about how much air pressure to use in each tire and the volume of liquid that can be contained in the cup holders

Old 07-10-2012, 10:07 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
Why don't we settle this by all going out and buying a full set of Hoosier racing tires and mount them all the way around... Then we could argue about how much air pressure to use in each tire and the volume of liquid that can be contained in the cup holders
Screw that. Y'all should go to HOOTERS and debate the bounciness in there!!!

Or better still, bring your wives/significant others and watch the hilarity that ensues.

Old 07-11-2012, 10:26 PM
i agree with the majority here to put the good tires at the back, when you have snow and rain in your area. during the summer i would put the good ones at the front. with hot tarmac it is highly unlikely you will lose backend grip at least on a tiny fit. you will take good use of the traction and braking power of the good wheel... IF you manage to break loe the tail in hot tarmac.. then you're probably going too fast in public roads and get what's coming to you...

Old 07-14-2012, 09:19 PM
Old & new tires

Originally Posted by Krimson_Cardnal
I ran into this with my last car. I figured front wheel drive put the best ones up there. The tire shop said no and actually had a posted sign explaining it.

Old dog learned a new trick that day.
Yep, I would rather deal with oversteer than understeer,just had that same situation with Pep Boys,the new tires had to be mounted on the rear,something about a lawsuit in recent years.I just did the "logical" thing,replaced all four with wider lower profile tires.( what I wanted to do in the first place, but had no excuse to do, according to wife regulations)JJ