General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

What did you pay for your Honda Care extended warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2011, 06:47 PM
Extended warranties are good if you dont miss the cash. Even if you never use them. I like the feeling that I wont have to do the work on a car. Plus you really buy the things so you dont have to do the really annoying jobs or in case you have a catastrophic failure. thats the way i see it.

Old 05-13-2011, 09:14 PM
People should also know that there are other warranties that a consumer can buy, and not just the ones offered by the dealerships. Found this out from a friend who worked in the car industry. They stated the dealerships usually offer their own warranties, but there are other companies that offer the same warranty at the same or slightly different prices. Plus these other companies offer warranties with several options.
Tried this out myself with my previous truck. The dealership gave me their bronze, silver and gold options, but when pressed about these other companies, they gave me other options. I took the gold equivalent at a lower price.

Old 11-15-2011, 05:36 PM
What are some of the other companies?

Old 11-15-2011, 08:00 PM
Originally Posted by Red Rockit
People should also know that there are other warranties that a consumer can buy, and not just the ones offered by the dealerships.
I once owned a 2000 Audi A6 4.2 that I bought new, and once the warranty expired, I bought an extended warranty that was not an Audi extended warranty. Big mistake...

Had the thermostat go out, which surprisingly is a $1000+ repair on this particular car, and the aftermarket warranty company only paid $300.

I have several friends who own high line dealerships here in Nashville, and they have all told me that one should only buy an Audi factory authorized warranty for an Audi, a BMW authorized warranty for a BMW, and so on...

Based upon their reasoning, one should only buy a Honda authorized warranty for a Honda. Even if it's a few dollars more, you will have the piece of mind that Honda is covering your a$$, and not some other company that doesn't want to pay because it doesn't comply with their bottom line.

Old 07-10-2014, 07:35 PM
Smile Honda Extended Auto Warranty

National Repair Solutions | Extended Vehicle Service Contracts seemed legit. Called other companies, they had the same coverage, just cheaper. Hope that help!

Old 07-16-2014, 07:45 PM
My thoughts on extended warranties…the dealership knows the mathematical odds of you ever using extended warranty are extremely low especially on a honda or Acura vehicle. It is comical when closing a deal at the last minute they toss out these 5 year extended warranties when you are already getting three with the new car. And no that does not mean you get 8 years of coverage. So essentially you are paying for 2 additional years thinking your getting 5 additional years….holy snake oil batman!

Dealership finance people love it when you buy the maintenance agreements and all the other add on do da's you have just lined their pockets.

Use a car buying service like USAA. Go into the dealership and YOU tell them what you will pay for the car. If they are associated with a car buying service like USAA they will sell you the car at that price, they have agreed with USAA to do so. I used USAA car buying service and it was seamless no haggle price, much lower than the silly MSRP and silly addendum sticker. I never even looked at the addendum. Closed the deal in less than an hour. Extended warranties well, if it makes you feel better buy it..but your tossing money right out of your moonroof. Most care buying services do not recommend buying an extended warranty. FWIW...

Last edited by 15/SILVER/EXL; 07-16-2014 at 07:51 PM.
Old 07-17-2014, 01:47 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
i never buy extended warranties.

that said, ive not had any issue on my '12 fit sport thus far.
my 09 had to get the blower fan switch fixed under warranty. nothing else broke.

Old 08-07-2014, 07:29 AM
http://www.nationalrepairsolutions.c...y-online/c250f covered my Honda for another 100,000 miles and the payment was reasonable.. I would recommend this company to anyone .

Old 08-07-2014, 09:43 AM
5 Year Member
Extended warranties are great, especially from the dealer. Hondas are great too, which makes an extended warranty not so good a move on a Honda.

Dealers love selling them, not because you'll never use them, but because you might. It costs the dealership nothing to stock, install or sell, so beyond their cost it's pure profit. It gets you in the mindset of coming to them for service and if something goes wrong when you're out of warranty but still under the extended, you'll come there for the service. That service gets paid for by the extended warranty people, not the dealership. So they don't need to make any money on selling the extended warranty in order to make money from having sold the extended warranty!

Service departments like these things if they're familiar with the exact one being used. If you show up with some service contract that they've never heard of or that they know is a bunch of jerks, they'll laugh in your face.

I got it. I think it was $700. If one stupid thing blows that's covered, I'm happy. If nothing major breaks, I'm still happy.