General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

The Fit is No, For Now -- Update!

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2006, 08:08 AM
The Fit is No, For Now -- Update!

This was the suprise of the decade for me.

Just in case you didn't see the other thread, I was all set up to pick up a Vivid Blue Fit Sport last Friday, but it didn't work out. They were only going to give me a third of what I owed on my 2000 Jetta XLS V6 and I couldn't convince myself that financing that much was a good idea. We even went to CarMax and they offered us something similar, so I called my salesperson Monday and told her to go ahead and sell the car. I'd just have to wait.

I had a message on my work voicemail Wednesday morning from the sales manager. They really wanted to sell that Fit by the end of the month and he wanted to see if there was something he could do to help me out (?!??!??). So, I called him. They were willing to raise the money on the trade in a bit, lower my interest rate by a point, and sell the car to me at MSRP.

SOLD!!!!!!!

So, I now have my Fit after all and I'm thrilled with her. She doesn't have a name yet (my family names all the cars), but I'm working on it.

Thanks to everyone who gave me the advice to go ahead and get the car. YahOOOOO!

Last edited by sherifisher; 06-29-2006 at 08:15 AM.
Old 06-29-2006, 08:35 AM
Congrats for you!! looks like everything is in your favor.

Old 06-29-2006, 08:47 AM
5 Year Member
Congratulations! You were definitely in the right place at the right time. I'm amazed that there was actually a dealer looking for Fit buyers. I keep hearing about long waits, price gouging, etc. I figured any dealers who had a Fit on the lot could ship it off to another dealer, with the buyer picking up the transport costs. I picked up my Fit (Storm Silver Sport) on April 20, which I'd bought 3 weeks earlier. The Blue Vivid Pearl Sport model was in the showroom -- and gone by the next day. By April 22, the black and the Milano red were sold, with only the Orange blaze remaining. I'm not sure when it sold, but it disappeared, too. Another local dealer had deposits on 3 of the five before arrival. My salesman told me they had dozens of calls on the 20th (official release date). Hang onto that new baby -- it's a limited edition!

Old 06-29-2006, 10:59 AM
Originally Posted by FondaFit
Congratulations! You were definitely in the right place at the right time. I'm amazed that there was actually a dealer looking for Fit buyers. I keep hearing about long waits, price gouging, etc. I figured any dealers who had a Fit on the lot could ship it off to another dealer, with the buyer picking up the transport costs. I picked up my Fit (Storm Silver Sport) on April 20, which I'd bought 3 weeks earlier. The Blue Vivid Pearl Sport model was in the showroom -- and gone by the next day. By April 22, the black and the Milano red were sold, with only the Orange blaze remaining. I'm not sure when it sold, but it disappeared, too. Another local dealer had deposits on 3 of the five before arrival. My salesman told me they had dozens of calls on the 20th (official release date). Hang onto that new baby -- it's a limited edition!
I know it - I was darn surprised! I guess business was kinda slow after keeping it over the weekend for me and they wanted it out by end of month, so it was easier to go with the bird in the hand instead of the two in the bush? Lucky me!

Old 06-29-2006, 11:20 AM
Administrator
5 Year Member
dealers REALLY rip you on trade-ins. Next time this might come up, try and sell it private party. You WILL come closer to what you owe. The dealers work off of a totally different blue book. They work off a "wholesale bluebook". Nothing like kbb.com. I have yet to trade a car in because of this fact.

p.s. CONGRATS!

Old 06-29-2006, 11:25 AM
Master FitFreaker
congrats time for pics now hahaha

Old 06-29-2006, 12:00 PM
5 Year Member
Woot. Enjoy the car.

Old 06-29-2006, 01:33 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Hooray! Glad you got yours, I'm still waiting on mine

Old 06-29-2006, 02:28 PM
Originally Posted by Packy
Hooray! Glad you got yours, I'm still waiting on mine
Sure hope it isn't too much longer for you! It's worth the wait

Old 06-29-2006, 02:55 PM
Avid FitFreak Poster
Congrates to you bro

Old 06-29-2006, 04:01 PM
5 Year Member
YEAH I new FIT is Born.... again! hehehe!!

Congrats!

Old 06-29-2006, 11:51 PM
sam
Super Moderator
Great to hear! Glad you got a better deal!

Be sure to close out that other thread with a nice message too! Don't want people coming on board and thinking it was a sad ending in your case.

Old 06-30-2006, 12:20 AM
June 2007 1st Place Fit of the Month Winner
5 Year Member
you know what they call you on the streets...a hustler IM A HUSTLER IM A HUSTLER...at the end you got the good end of the hustle...

Old 06-30-2006, 11:09 AM
Originally Posted by sam
Great to hear! Glad you got a better deal!

Be sure to close out that other thread with a nice message too! Don't want people coming on board and thinking it was a sad ending in your case.
Good point! I'll do a cut and paste now!

Old 07-01-2006, 07:25 AM
Timing is everything.....

Old 07-02-2006, 04:58 PM
You got the "end of the month" and one more sale to add to the monthly quota deal. Congrats!

Old 07-03-2006, 08:29 PM
Things sure are different where you are. Here the Fits are sold before they even reach the showroom. I shopped at two dealerships and got lucky at one. I was able to buy the car even though it hadn't arrived from the docks yet.

Old 07-05-2006, 03:24 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by gimme
dealers REALLY rip you on trade-ins. Next time this might come up, try and sell it private party. You WILL come closer to what you owe. The dealers work off of a totally different blue book. They work off a "wholesale bluebook". Nothing like kbb.com. I have yet to trade a car in because of this fact.

p.s. CONGRATS!
Not to throw a wet blanket on a happy thread, but the Kelley Blue Book has both wholesale and retail pricing in it. I have never been to kbb.com, so I can't speak to that website, but dealers basically only offer the wholesale book. There is another book that is also used, but I can't remember what it is called.

Bottom line: Better to sell yourself, if you have the time, and can wait, but none of that matters now, because you got the car you wanted, and are happy with the deal. Congratulations.