General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Was any specials offered when you bought..

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2006, 07:19 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Was any specials offered when you bought..

Was there any specials offered to you when you bought your Fit? Like 0% intrest or some other type of promotion?

I was wondering because I put down a $100 deposit 2 weeks ago, and my White Sport MT is going to be here any day now this week.

I want to see if I can get some sort of deal out of these guys.

Old 07-04-2006, 07:46 PM
5 Year Member
I got a big 'no way' on ANY kind of special anything at my purchase. (I did get it at just a little over MSRP and $2700 below sticker.)

Old 07-04-2006, 08:35 PM
5 Year Member
With the insanely high demand for the Fit, getting one in under 3 months is the deal. Just get a good price and call it a day.

Old 07-04-2006, 09:04 PM
I did get it at just a little over MSRP and $2700 below sticker
huh? Sticker is MSRP.

Old 07-04-2006, 09:05 PM
^^^
Thats what I thought too...

Old 07-04-2006, 09:07 PM
Four Wheels Enthusiast
5 Year Member
yeah my promo was MSRP hehe

Old 07-04-2006, 09:32 PM
Yup...I asked whats the best price you can give and he said "Your looking at it". And I avoided any interest by paying cash.

Last edited by Visionair; 07-04-2006 at 09:35 PM.
Old 07-04-2006, 10:06 PM
sam
Super Moderator
Exclamation The other end of below MSRP

Originally Posted by TomiGunz
I put down a $100 deposit 2 weeks ago, and my White Sport MT is going to be here any day now this week.

I want to see if I can get some sort of deal out of these guys.
On the other end of things:
You should make sure that they are not going to "add anything extra" and charge you. At this point, it sounds like MSRP with no deals and no extra costs is your best bet. Some dealers start adding things and then tell you the car is in, so be sure to let them know asap.

Others may have different opinions.

Old 07-05-2006, 12:21 AM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Darn... I understand this car is brand spankin new to the US and how much demand it is. I keep seeing these commercials of other cars with 0% intrest, or get one now and save $$$..

I told the guy that the MSRP is $15,720 off of the honda website with destination cost. When they wrote up a quote to see how much my payments were, they wrote down 16,xxx and I told the guy that the MSRP isn't that much. But he said that was just an idea and we'll get a better price on it.

And you guys are right, getting it under 3 months is worth the price. I was lucky to get it in within a month.

Now I want some springs!

-Tomi

Old 07-05-2006, 01:48 AM
June 2007 1st Place Fit of the Month Winner
5 Year Member
just getting it

Old 07-05-2006, 01:55 AM
I had a $500 markup and forced to buy an accessories package. DO NOT GO TO NORM REEVES HONDA IN CERRITOS, CA!!!

Old 07-05-2006, 01:56 AM
5 Year Member
Got my VBP sport A/T yesterday (yay!!!) I got a free cargo cover, a tank of gas and free oil change...

car at MSRP.... so... i guess it's not too bad of a deal....

Last edited by honda_dna; 07-05-2006 at 02:08 AM.
Old 07-05-2006, 02:17 AM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
I forgot to add that the manager said that the car is the Sport model without any addons onto it. He doesn't get the ones with the addons or add any, because of the higher price, therefore the customers won't buy it. No one wants to pay the price for what they don't need and the dealers won't take it off..

-Tomi

Old 07-05-2006, 09:49 AM
0% and other deals usually happen because they have lots of inventory they need to move. With the Fit, you are lucky if you can get one within a month at MSRP.

Old 07-05-2006, 09:51 AM
Originally Posted by honda_dna
Got my VBP sport A/T yesterday (yay!!!) I got a free cargo cover, a tank of gas and free oil change...

car at MSRP.... so... i guess it's not too bad of a deal....
Not bad, the cargo cover runs about $120 from the discount Internet dealers.

Old 07-05-2006, 10:19 AM
I was able to get a Storm Silver 5-Speed Sport within 25days from one dealer.... I was ready to sit my deposit until he told me that the tire locks would be 99$ and the undercoating and the "Pin Stripe" would cost another 700. Yeah just be happy you didnt get screwed by them adding extra things.....
P.S. Called another place found one that will be here by the end of the week... Black 5-Speed Sport.... This guy was new so we talked him into free instilation of the Ipod I-link... thats the only thing I got.

Old 07-05-2006, 10:48 AM
I ended up getting the pinstripe for free somehow. I never said I wanted it and they never mentioned it, but when I was picking it up they mentioned that they had installed a few things as per their standard procedure and were taking them off since I didn't order them. Well I guess the pinstripe obviously stayed. Don't mind it though.

Old 07-05-2006, 03:04 PM
THe first Honda Dealership we visited offered us nothing but MSRP, with no extras. The second Honda Dealership tried to get $1200 over MSRP from us, but we didn't budge. We finally got our Fit for MSRP from the second Dealership, with a free cargo cover (a long story in itself) and free wheel locks (already included on all Hondas they sell), and we get a free first oil change. Not too bad. We have carpeted floormats in our Fit. Is that included in all your Fits? Didn't know if that was a standard package accessory or not.

Old 07-05-2006, 03:59 PM
5 Year Member
For buying in Cali, I think you got a good deal with the extras. I bought also at MSRP but no extras. I bought the floor mats and cargo cover online (cheaper).

Originally Posted by bluemeanie
THe first Honda Dealership we visited offered us nothing but MSRP, with no extras. The second Honda Dealership tried to get $1200 over MSRP from us, but we didn't budge. We finally got our Fit for MSRP from the second Dealership, with a free cargo cover (a long story in itself) and free wheel locks (already included on all Hondas they sell), and we get a free first oil change. Not too bad. We have carpeted floormats in our Fit. Is that included in all your Fits? Didn't know if that was a standard package accessory or not.

Old 07-05-2006, 04:36 PM
i got a 3m clear shield on the front half of my fit hood, dealer said it was installed by mistake, left it on for me for free

and when i got home, i noticed there was a cargo net i didnt pay for either

other than that, i got MSRP for my fit, paid the same price as honda.ca says for fogs, keyless, security, and hfp rims, interior silver garnishes...

i gotta stay i liked mississauga honda

... and can't forget the dealer rear license plate frame!!! w00tness

Quick Reply: Was any specials offered when you bought..