General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Waiting on a new Fit delivery?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2011, 06:34 PM
Waiting on a new Fit delivery?

Anyone else out there have a Fit on order and are waiting patiently?

I just checked and the Blue Raspberry Base Fit I ordered is in Chicago but still says, "Oct.31st-Nov.4" delivery date.

I am getting so tired of waiting that the fun and excitement is gone. Seems like everyone else in the U.S. has taken delivery of theirs. I don't get it and the salesman says they ordered it as soon as they could. I guess patience isn't one of my virtues.

Old 10-26-2011, 08:08 PM
5 Year Member
I remember waiting close to a month for mine because I wanted a specific color. My dealer made a trade with another dealer and the car was shipped from Japan.
It was worth the wait!

Old 10-26-2011, 08:27 PM
Yup, waiting for a month so far for an Orange Fit Sport with the manual. My local dealer has 2 2012 Fit sports, but both are autos. I didn't realize that the manuals were so hard to get, he only has two scheduled to come in this year, luckily one is Orange, my first color choice. My delivery day was today, but didn't hear anything from the dealer, guess I'll call tomorrow.

Old 10-26-2011, 09:45 PM
5 Year Member
Yes, mine is on order, I'm waiting.

Old 10-27-2011, 09:39 AM
I was lucky finding mine. Only 4 in town that weren't already claimed. I should be taking mine tonight once the dealer finishes the leather and molding. But mine was a trade from another dealer and the deal fell through. It literally became avalible as I sat in the dealership.

Old 10-27-2011, 11:09 AM
Just got a call from the dealer, it arrived this morning. Road trip this weekend!!

Old 10-27-2011, 11:20 AM
When you "per-order" an automobile, do you negotiate the price/financing(is everything set in stone?) before taking delivery. What if you find an issue(scratch/dent), can you walk away from it?

Old 10-27-2011, 11:55 AM
5 Year Member
I had to order mine back in 2008 b/c I wanted the Manual Transmission w/ Navi, in CBP. So I told my salesperson, put a $1K down payment, and waited...., and waited...., and kept waiting some more.... , followed up with the dealership, then I made a thread ---> https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...ould-i-do.html and then I waited some more.

I could've had a CBP or white 09 Navi in auto the same day I put the deposit down, and it was torture waiting those 4 months, but it was worth it. And, I would do it again in a heartbeat.

Old 10-27-2011, 12:06 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Try waiting 3 months! That was what it took before I got my 2007 because Honda never kept them on the lots. Then the VBP did come in as promised and I was told it would another month. That is the reason I took the MR when it became available.

Old 10-27-2011, 12:08 PM
5 Year Member
Jennifer- how much extra for the leather package? I would have loved to have had that option.

Old 10-27-2011, 12:26 PM
Originally Posted by Jennifer F
I was lucky finding mine. Only 4 in town that weren't already claimed. I should be taking mine tonight once the dealer finishes the leather and molding. But mine was a trade from another dealer and the deal fell through. It literally became avalible as I sat in the dealership.
leather and molding? are you talking about a fit. i don't see that ANYWHERE as an option

Old 10-27-2011, 12:28 PM
5 Year Member
Probably a dealer only option.

Old 10-27-2011, 01:08 PM
5 Year Member
She went with the Katzkin's.
Originally Posted by Jennifer F
Add on from the dealer. Katzkin brand. Black leather will look nice I think.
I was thinking about going that route too, but the install is more detailed (and between 2-4 times more expensive depending on the Katzkin options you add on ). For the most part you have to remove the stock fabric, and re-clip the Katzkin's on. I went with Clazzio's which just slip right over the stock fabric. https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...honda-fit.html

They fit like a glove, and look stock, although the Clazzio's I got have the center part leather the rest of the seat cover is PVC. But it sure looks/feels really close to real leather, and most people who've seen it think it 100% leather. Quite possible my best interior mod to date.

The Katzkin's are 100% real leather, are more expensive, and require the removal of stock seat fabric. But they are more upholstery than seat covers since they come with the padding, and fabric (on the inside) like the upholstered seats.

There are pro's and con's to both; specific details & pics in this thread ---> https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...zkin-poll.html

Last edited by FitStir; 10-27-2011 at 01:10 PM.
Old 10-27-2011, 01:49 PM
Originally Posted by sooznd
I remember waiting close to a month for mine because I wanted a specific color. My dealer made a trade with another dealer and the car was shipped from Japan.
It was worth the wait!
I put my down payment on a Blue Raspberry Metallic AT on Sept. 15th. I could have gotten another color much sooner. I guess the picky people have to wait.Name:  smiliewhistler-1.gif
Views: 19
Size:  3.0 KB
I'm confused though that the sales rep checked and said it was in Chicago yesterday, said it has to be put on "rails" before it arrives. I asked what in the world that meant. He said it will come by TRAIN! I could stinkin drive to Chicago in 5 hours. I thought they shipped them on a big truck - a double decker truck. Name:  shifty.gif
Views: 19
Size:  201 Bytes

Originally Posted by micven55
Yup, waiting for a month so far for an Orange Fit Sport with the manual. My local dealer has 2 2012 Fit sports, but both are autos. I didn't realize that the manuals were so hard to get, he only has two scheduled to come in this year, luckily one is Orange, my first color choice. My delivery day was today, but didn't hear anything from the dealer, guess I'll call tomorrow.
WOW...I'd have been calling as soon as I rolled outta bed yesterday! You must be a patient person.Name:  newWow.gif
Views: 17
Size:  4.7 KB

Originally Posted by micven55
Just got a call from the dealer, it arrived this morning. Road trip this weekend!!
LUCKY!!! Name:  newyay.gif
Views: 24
Size:  5.8 KBHave fun!!

Originally Posted by FitStir
I had to order mine back in 2008 b/c I wanted the Manual Transmission w/ Navi, in CBP. So I told my salesperson, put a $1K down payment, and waited...., and waited...., and kept waiting some more.... , followed up with the dealership, then I made a thread ---> https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...ould-i-do.html and then I waited some more.

I could've had a CBP or white 09 Navi in auto the same day I put the deposit down, and it was torture waiting those 4 months, but it was worth it. And, I would do it again in a heartbeat.
I am sure it was worth it. Why "settle" for just any color if you found a specific color that you really want. Most likely will be driving it every day.Why spend half your time in a car that doesn't really trip your trigger. Some people don't seem to care, they say, "a car is a car, it gets me from point A to point B."

Originally Posted by Cat
Try waiting 3 months! That was what it took before I got my 2007 because Honda never kept them on the lots. Then the VBP did come in as promised and I was told it would another month. That is the reason I took the MR when it became available.
3 months!Name:  Seeing_stars.gif
Views: 24
Size:  2.1 KB

Originally Posted by EvoFit
leather and molding? are you talking about a fit. i don't see that ANYWHERE as an option
They list "body side molding" as an option, which I am getting asap. The leather is not a listed option.

Old 10-27-2011, 02:47 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
ive seen dealer installed (actually it's a contractor installation) leather and the one i saw were top notch.

hope your fit comes in soon, op!

Old 10-27-2011, 02:59 PM
5 Year Member
this summer my dealer had a Milano Red Fit with black leather upholstery & red stitching- looked awesome- I think it was an additional $1800 for this

Old 10-27-2011, 03:47 PM
Name:  smiliewoohoo.gif
Views: 18
Size:  6.1 KBThe car is here!!
Dave, the sales guy, called a bit ago. He sent me a video of it coming off the truck. I can't remember how to post a video or I'd share.

He also sent a pic

Last edited by Blueeyed Banditti; 10-27-2011 at 03:50 PM.
Old 10-27-2011, 04:23 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
^^ awesome!

Old 10-27-2011, 07:53 PM
Originally Posted by TrungLam
When you "per-order" an automobile, do you negotiate the price/financing(is everything set in stone?) before taking delivery. What if you find an issue(scratch/dent), can you walk away from it?
I made the deal a few weeks ago, but mine (tomorrow) was one that was scheduled to come in anyway so I really didn't order one, just happens to be the color and model I wanted. Since I only drove a 2011 base model with a manual and a 2012 automatic sport model I have the option of not taking the car if I don't like it for any reason. Everything else, the price, financing and trade in have all been negotiated and signed.

Old 10-27-2011, 08:40 PM
Originally Posted by Blueeyed Banditti
The car is here!!
Dave, the sales guy, called a bit ago. He sent me a video of it coming off the truck. I can't remember how to post a video or I'd share.

He also sent a pic
WOW...just got back from the dealer. This picture is a terrible example of the Raspberry Blue Fit. I didn't know (cuz I'm a dumb blond) that they put a protective coat all over the car when it leaves the factory to protect it from the long voyage. After it arrives they wash it off. It looks totally different. It is really beautiful. We left it there (locked inside) to pick-up tomorrow after they put the coating inside and out that I'm sure I got ripped off on.Name:  doh.gif
Size:  2.7 KB Hopefully I can get some good pics then. My daughter is excited but says she is afraid people might think she's spoiled and says she feels spoiled. UGH! Name:  smilieignore.gif
Size:  551 Bytes
(no one will know what the heck I'm talking about unless they have seen Boring Stock Wheels thread) Name:  thinking.gif
Views: 17
Size:  2.4 KB oh well.

Quick Reply: Waiting on a new Fit delivery?