General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.
View Poll Results: What did ya think of this review?
Awesome. Really told me what I needed to know.
71.43%
It was alright. Nothing special.
28.57%
Total Crap. Waste of my time. Learned nothing.
0%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

REVIEW: Wet Okole Seat Covers

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2011, 05:59 AM
5 Year Member
REVIEW: Wet Okole Seat Covers

Decided to spring for a set of Wet Okole seat covers for my new '12 Sport. I get in my car wet after a surf or dirty after a mountain bike often and I really wanted to keep my seats, clean looking new and my car not smelling like a locker room. My MTB partner (my dog) also likes to jump in the front seat on occasion.

Went with these guys because I had a set on a previous car for over a decade and they still looked great. Did a little searching around but could never find a cover this well made or good fitting.

Lived in California near the factory store in Costa Mesa when I had the first set custom made for my last car (Subaru Outback). Some buddies I surfed with recommended them. They had been first exposed to these in Hawaii and raved about them. I rolled in, ordered what I needed with their help and they installed three weeks later. Never looked back. I have since moved east and did this last transaction all via phone and e-mail.

Here are the Pros and Cons from where I sit:

PROS
  • Quality construction...very well made
  • Thick material that adds cushion and cumfort to the not so comfy stock seat
  • Dries right up when wet
  • Cleans up easily with a wet sponge
  • Thousands of color, embroidery and piping options/combinations
  • Custom fit. Feels and looks like it is made for this car
  • Really good strap and buckle system for attaching to seat
  • Made in the USA
  • Quality has not changed in 15 years. Still top-notch! This is nice to see from any manufacturer

CONS
  • Expensive! What you see below (basic black with 'full piping') costs $295.00 USD, door-to-door
  • Wait after ordering is almost a month
  • Tight, custom fit. You'll need to be patient getting them on if you don't take the seats out
  • Car is going to smell like a wetsuit for a few weeks.

Here is their contact info as well as the details on the guy I worked with on my order. He was super helpful, professional and totally on-it:
Wet Okole
(888)246-5653
Raul Lopez (raul.lopez@wetokole.com)
www.wetokole.com

I hope this review was of use, Rock-on!

Old 12-17-2011, 07:27 AM
5 Year Member
Realize now this may have been better suited for the 'FIT Interior Modifications' area then here. Can't figure out how to move it now.

Sorry about that.

Old 12-17-2011, 07:58 AM
They looks surprisingly good. I'm in the habit of throwing a towel (or two) over the seat when I go mountain biking, not the best solution but keeps the seats from getting muddy/sweat.

Old 12-17-2011, 08:13 AM
Thanks for posting this. I have been looking at various seat covers but can't decide which ones I like ... I'm assuming the $295 is for the front seats only? How does the material look after a few years? Thanks for the help.

Old 12-17-2011, 02:26 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by iluvmyVersa08
Thanks for posting this. I have been looking at various seat covers but can't decide which ones I like ... I'm assuming the $295 is for the front seats only? How does the material look after a few years? Thanks for the help.
Yes, $295 was just for the front. They looked great after a decade. They stretched just a tiny bit and faded a very, very small amount. Barely noticeable to anyone but me. I had that car and this car tinted (34%) so that probably added to the color longevity.

Old 10-16-2013, 10:47 AM
5 Year Member
those look great. how are they holding up ? very well i imagine. just ordered mine yesterday, added the heated seat option. now i just need to be patient for 3-4 weeks !

Old 10-16-2013, 10:53 AM
5 Year Member
Still look great. Like the day I put them on. Best investment I've made in my FIT.

Old 10-16-2013, 10:56 AM
5 Year Member
Set for sale not sure on the design.

Wet Okole Seat Covers-Honda Fit

Old 10-16-2013, 11:00 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by StinklePink
Still look great. Like the day I put them on. Best investment I've made in my FIT.
cool, are you an f1 fan ?

that used set is pretty expensive, more than what i paid for new.

Old 10-16-2013, 11:11 AM
5 Year Member
Not too big of a F1 fan. My son's name is Enzo so that explains the decals and license plate. Will be his car in 5 years.

Old 11-15-2013, 09:15 PM
5 Year Member
took about 3.5 weeks to arrive, but worth the wait. put them on a few days ago, couple of cut knuckles from some sharp metal under the seat! but these look great. the heated seat works pretty darn well too.
not cheap, but well worth it.

Old 11-17-2013, 02:02 AM
5 Year Member
At that price range, I'd be willing to go the extra mile and get some Clazzio seats. They are only about 50$ more and look more luxurious IMO but to each his own! These neoprene seats look like they would perform very well in very hot climates like Florida or Texas whereas the leather Clazzios will for sure get burning hot in the sun.

I got the synthetic leather set and have been extremely satisfied. Great review!

Old 11-18-2013, 04:13 PM
Hi,
These look awesome (teal teal teal option) but the are pretty expensive. Do you all recommend them then since you guys seem to like it? Is there another company that has a teal/aqua option (or a bunch of colors/patterns) that you can suggest?

What would my 60/40 back seats be considered if I ordered the back row? I live in Florida so I would have to put them on myself - was it really hard? Do they have a lifetime guarantee if they rip/get damaged?

Didn't mean to jump on the thread but did a hand waving dance at work when I saw the teal option. Just a bit gun shy on the price as I just got my new car and I feel like I'm bleeding money but I will pony up if it's a good investment.

Thanks,
Dawn

Old 11-18-2013, 04:36 PM
5 Year Member
Wet Okole

I had Wet Okole installed since June 2009. They still look the same the day I had them installed. However, if you have a furry pet like a dog, be forewarned that the hair will work its way between the fibers. Even with regular vacuuming, it is still tough to remove. Aside from the pet hair issue, I am very satisfied with my Wet Okole seat covers.

The dealer in Hawaii allows you to select color material for your car. I actually took the samples to my car to see how it would look with the rest of the car interior.

Old 11-18-2013, 04:55 PM
Originally Posted by Kimi808
I had Wet Okole installed since June 2009. They still look the same the day I had them installed. However, if you have a furry pet like a dog, be forewarned that the hair will work its way between the fibers. Even with regular vacuuming, it is still tough to remove. Aside from the pet hair issue, I am very satisfied with my Wet Okole seat covers.

The dealer in Hawaii allows you to select color material for your car. I actually took the samples to my car to see how it would look with the rest of the car interior.
Do you think you could have installed them yourself? It's just me (a 5ft tall geek girl) doing it. I have 2 dogs - will the pet hair look gross?

Old 11-19-2013, 01:07 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by graphixgurl
Do you think you could have installed them yourself? It's just me (a 5ft tall geek girl) doing it. I have 2 dogs - will the pet hair look gross?
I spilled drinks on the passenger seat and I had to remove/wash/dry and re-install it. Prior to removing it, I kept notes where the elastic hooks were attached. I was able to install it but it was a little hard on the fingers trying to connect the hooks.

Regarding dog hair, someone gave me Scotch Fur Fighter for Christmas. It works very well in removing pet hair.

Old 11-19-2013, 06:20 AM
looking best fit to the need and by the material into the pics the seats are comfortable now more than before

Old 11-19-2013, 09:02 AM
Originally Posted by Kimi808
I spilled drinks on the passenger seat and I had to remove/wash/dry and re-install it. Prior to removing it, I kept notes where the elastic hooks were attached. I was able to install it but it was a little hard on the fingers trying to connect the hooks.

Regarding dog hair, someone gave me Scotch Fur Fighter for Christmas. It works very well in removing pet hair.
I like cheap solutions

Maybe having girl hands will help with the install. How often do you wash them?

Old 11-20-2013, 11:55 AM
5 Year Member
the clazzio "leather look" isn't for me. the okele's are actually cool in the summer. the heated seat doesn't get as hot as a stock heated seat (as expected) but works very well.

the install doesn't require a lot of muscle, just requires patience as you try to twist your hands around in the very small area under the seat attaching the conectors. smaller hands the better !

they look excellent, along with fitting perfectly

Old 11-20-2013, 12:22 PM
Originally Posted by dlivry7
the clazzio "leather look" isn't for me. the okele's are actually cool in the summer. the heated seat doesn't get as hot as a stock heated seat (as expected) but works very well.

the install doesn't require a lot of muscle, just requires patience as you try to twist your hands around in the very small area under the seat attaching the conectors. smaller hands the better !

they look excellent, along with fitting perfectly
I definitely don't want a leather-look or finish since 1) I live in hot as hell Florida (actually trying to escape) and 2) I have 2 furballs who would probably scratch the heck out of anything besides cloth

Thanks for the info.

Quick Reply: REVIEW: Wet Okole Seat Covers