General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Just Purchased 2013 Sport AT Need Advice

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2012, 07:12 AM
Just Purchased 2013 Sport AT Need Advice

Hello FitFreaks,

I've been lurking, but this is only my second post; so wanted to introduce myself, give the rundown on my planned mods, and ask for your advice. I purchased the new 2013 Sport AT in Midnight Plum last Sunday but won't pick it up until this weekend. It's a beautiful color, more red than Blackberry Pearl and with bigger metallic chips, not sure if it's darker but looks black in outdoor shade.

Emailed Spencer about getting the all black all PVC Clazzio seat covers as well as Tony @ Murdock Industrial for the black rubber cargo liner. Need some all weather floor mats, if anybody's selling used ones please PM me; otherwise, I'm debating between the new OEM, WeatherTech or Husky molded mats. At first I wanted the OEM center console/armrest but am now unsure, am concerned about losing cargo space when the passenger seat is down, so perhaps the ZETA drop-in is better but is it stable? Getting the rear bumper applique, but might just pay extra for installation because seeing bubbles and wrinkles would irritate me.

Do y'alls have any recommendations for a black steering wheel cover? I prefer a thicker diameter wheel in leather or PVC, finger indentations would be great; I tend to turn the wheel with the flat palm of my hand when parallel parking so a grippy material is a must.

Just going by Yelp reviews, will probably go see Lance at Classic Window Tinting in Orange next time I'm in SoCal. I will probably go 80% ceramic all 5 windows. I don't know much about window tinting, but my biggest concern is keeping the interior cool for my two giant furry dogs, and since I live 500 miles away from Lance, getting a dark tint fix-it ticket would be impractical. Not sure if a clear bra would be worth it considering Honda paint is so thin; saving the frontend but getting chips on the sides and rear doesn't seem like much of a plan.

Speaking of dogs, I hope a 800-900 series metal crate will fit in the full cargo hold; otherwise, I have to install a steel barrier between the front seats and folded rear seats. Haven't decided between European horizontal bars or square wire mesh yet. Is there a clean solution to protecting the door interiors and cargo sidewalls from dog nails and slober?

Eventually I would like to upgrade to a Progress rear sway bar and some 205/50/16 tires. Will the aftermarket RSB void my warranty? So far I like the stock rims. I have no plans of lowering the vehicle. On the test drive the AT transmission is strange. First gear is peppy but second gear is long and weak. I would've preferred a stickshift, but with two big puppies in the car, you never know when you need a free hand to push wet noses out of the way. The 4 cyl Fit is slow on vertical hills, but I've just come to accept that this is not a high end sports car unlike my previous TT/SLK.

I think the stock stereo's poor sound quality is going to annoy me sooner than later. Is there a simple quick fix, perhaps upgrading the head unit, to improve music? I don't want to get into replacing speakers, installing amps, subwoofers, etc. because I'm cheap and I like the stock look. Let's be honest, the car's interior will become a mess with all the dog fur flying around so this won't be a show car. So any recommendations on a powerful dependable hand held vacuum?

Phew! Thank you for reading this far down my long post. Your patience is much appreciated. A little about me: I like single malt scotch, car camping, Henry Miller, and New Zealand. Glad to be here and it's a pleasure making your acquaintance.

Old 10-04-2012, 02:13 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
post a short version of your problem and wat advise you are looking for.

Old 10-04-2012, 02:16 PM
1. Do not pay to have the rear bumper applique (sp?) installed, it is simple and they give you all the tools to DIY in the box. The adhesive paper is even cut so that you just jam the paper up against the hatch and it spaces it perfectly. Use the supplied tools properly and it won't bubble.

2. Clear bra is probably worthwhile if chips bother you, paint is super thin.

3. Progress rear sway shouldn't void anything on your warranty, but dealerships are sometimes shady and may try to blame it if something suspension related fails in the rear. Be ready for this and a fight if that's to happen.

4. From what i've read upgrading the head unit can help with sound, the stock head unit adjusts sound to protect the speakers which are cheapish. Again, this is just what i've read, no personal experience.

Welcome

ps Things I didn't repond to I have no opinion on.