General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

That Damn Seatbelt Light/noise.....

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2006, 06:06 PM
Angry That Damn Seatbelt Light/noise.....

.....PLEASE TELL ME THERE IS A WAY OF TURNING IT OFF.....

I mean dont get me wrong, putting your seatbelt on is the "right" thing to do and probably safer. BUT there are times when I don't want to put it on and don't want some light and annoying-a$$ sound telling me that I should put it on.

In some cars, like my dad's Matrix, the light goes on and it beeps for about 30 seconds and turns off. In the FIT, it NEVER turns off and keeps beeping and beeping and beeping ever couple of seconds....

ITS SO GOD DAMN ANNOYING!!

Old 09-05-2006, 06:54 PM
5 Year Member
Careful the seatbelt nazis dont like it when someone doesnt buckle up...They will decend on this thread soon....

Old 09-05-2006, 07:03 PM
5 Year Member
I agree.

Though I use my seatbelt 99.9999999997% of the time, there are times when I want to drive around the block to the convenience store and don't want to wear it.

I know it is the law and the seatbelt nazis will pounce, but damn it, if you are going to have a nonstop beeper for that, they should put a sensor at the bottom of the cupholder, so when you pick up your cup to take a drink, it beeps to let you know you should be paying attention.

A seatbelt saved my life in a wreck once, but I think I am old enough to make a decision to not wear it on a 12 second trip. For those who say I could be killed on my 12 second drive, I probably should just walk to the store...but then again, if I do that I should don a helmet and protective suit in case I get hit by a car on the way.

Old 09-05-2006, 07:14 PM
I really wish there was too, who likes to clean their car in 90 degree heat with the windows up and the doors closed because of that constant beeping. Or sitting in relax mode with the magic seats and you want the doors open and the radio etc. on without the beeping. So far I haven't found a solution and have a feeling that it is built into the instrument cluster.

Old 09-05-2006, 08:06 PM
I hated it in the beginning, now I have submitted to my Honda overlord.

Prepare to be assimilated. Resistance is futile.

Old 09-05-2006, 08:13 PM
5 Year Member
I find that by turning my radio up to a high volume works well. :P

But I'd like to know an answer as well. Especially when I pull up to the curb and take off my seat belt before turning the engine off. argghh so annoying.

Note to seat belt nazis: Descend here and perish! This is a legitimate thread and should NOT be invaded with sayings of "oh noes!!! he must have a blatant disregard for his safety!!". That is all.

=)

Old 09-05-2006, 08:35 PM
I just plug it in and then sit down. no noise no light !

Old 09-05-2006, 08:37 PM
Originally Posted by FitSport
Careful the seatbelt nazis dont like it when someone doesnt buckle up...They will decend on this thread soon....
Who???

there is actually people who give a damn if other grown adults wear their seatbelts or not??

are you kidding me?

wow.......lol

Old 09-05-2006, 08:38 PM
Originally Posted by rjm161
I agree.

Though I use my seatbelt 99.9999999997% of the time, there are times when I want to drive around the block to the convenience store and don't want to wear it.

I know it is the law and the seatbelt nazis will pounce, but damn it, if you are going to have a nonstop beeper for that, they should put a sensor at the bottom of the cupholder, so when you pick up your cup to take a drink, it beeps to let you know you should be paying attention.

A seatbelt saved my life in a wreck once, but I think I am old enough to make a decision to not wear it on a 12 second trip. For those who say I could be killed on my 12 second drive, I probably should just walk to the store...but then again, if I do that I should don a helmet and protective suit in case I get hit by a car on the way.
::insert hand-clapping smiley here::

BRAVO! BRAVO!

very well said my friend.......glad to hear someone else feels my pain.....lol

Old 09-05-2006, 08:39 PM
Originally Posted by Ultimatecarman45
I really wish there was too, who likes to clean their car in 90 degree heat with the windows up and the doors closed because of that constant beeping. Or sitting in relax mode with the magic seats and you want the doors open and the radio etc. on without the beeping. So far I haven't found a solution and have a feeling that it is built into the instrument cluster.
huh?

please tell me there is no light/indicator telling you to put up your windows.....please.....

Old 09-05-2006, 08:40 PM
Talking

Originally Posted by joe d
I hated it in the beginning, now I have submitted to my Honda overlord.

Prepare to be assimilated. Resistance is futile.

hahahaha.....I will not accept the overload for he is my slave, not I his.....

lol

Old 09-06-2006, 06:29 AM
Someone that Posts too much
Just disconnect the battery, no reminder, no light, no problem. Enjoy refresh mode seating.

Or you can just follow the diagram and disconnect it
http://www.hondafitjazz.com/manual/A...BAT00i003.HTML

Old 09-06-2006, 09:30 AM
There is a plug underneath the seat that is brown i believe or just follow the wire from the belt. If you disconnect it, it will disarm the seatbelt chime and turn off the front airbag as well. I am not responsible for any deaths due to this information.

Old 09-07-2006, 12:01 AM
5 Year Member
I think buckling the seat belt, then sitting down, seems to be the most pragmatic solution. or, someone needs to show in pictures, where the beeper is and how to disconnect it, without disarming the airbag. I need to lean out the window of my fit to get mail, snail mail, and it beeps as soon as you disconnect it, and its just too much hassle to change cd to van halen.

Old 09-07-2006, 10:45 AM
5 Year Member
Before anyone is cutting the wire, it may be possible to unplug the correct connector (see 6. in following link)
But anyway, I haven’t tried it yet.

http://www.hondafitjazz.com/manual/A...901KDAT00.HTML

Old 09-07-2006, 03:49 PM
thanx guys for the input, I will definetly be trying to see if unplugging the wire helps.....

and believe me, I wont blame anything on my fellow freaks if god forbid something were to happen....I am a grown man that makes my own decisions.....

Old 09-07-2006, 04:14 PM
It bothers you that much on a 12 second trip? Geeze.

:P

Old 09-07-2006, 11:01 PM
5 Year Member
I agree, small things bug me too. its sort of like a gnat. its nothing. its worthless. but it bothers me, so much, I spend all my concentration to swat at it. that is what makes me, me. and why I understand someone else might be bothered by the annoying beeping sound of the seat belt warning.
others may be bothered by other things. thats why there are different wheels, bodywork trim kits, lighting kits, etc. why would someone change a stock fit, unless it bothered them?
often, when something bothers someone enough, and someone notices it and finds a way to change it, it creates invention.

I dont see being bothered by small things, as a deficiency. its more of a finely tuned instrument, sensitive, focused, vibrant.
being able to discern what I can change from what I cant, is the problem.

it would be nice to have a knob, to simply turn off the anoying beeping.
or should radios be set at full volume, with no adjustment?

Old 09-07-2006, 11:07 PM
Jezzz My wife thinks that's the best thing a car I own can have, and I hate that little bepper.

Old 09-11-2006, 12:42 PM
5 Year Member
If I were to do it, I'd go to the junk yard and cut a latch off of an old civic or accord seat belt, should be similar size. Then just plug in the spare to disable beep, toss spare in glovebox when not in use.

Quick Reply: That Damn Seatbelt Light/noise.....