General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Roof rack for the 2015 Fit

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2015, 10:34 PM
Roof rack for the 2015 Fit

I have had the 2015 Fit, manual drive for 5 months now and love it. I went to have some towers put on the roof for my rocket box and bike racks and was told that both Yakima and Thule don't make the ones you attach to car by the upper door jam, the only option is to permanently mount them. Has anyone done this? I don't plan on selling the car anytime soon, but I hate the idea of drilling into the roof!

Old 05-07-2015, 06:03 PM
Old 05-08-2015, 09:05 AM
sws
I just bought an Inno rack. Inno makes towers specifically for the 2015. It comes with detailed instruction that even show exactly how the pads will look on the channel in the roof.
I just did a 1750 mile trip at 75 MPH into a big headwinds with a cargo box and did not have any trouble. Great price too. Much less expensive than Thule or Yakima.

Old 05-08-2015, 10:52 AM
what rack specifically??

You say you have an Inno rack but which specifically? If I go to their site you can start with two options, looks like the round bar and a whisper type bar. There posts all over this site about people modifying their old racks but no one person has a single damn (I'm only cursing out of frustration in that the posts here are so cumbersome and non specific) post of specifically what they use and how they got it (new) for the 2015 fits. Obviously, I've deduced that Yakima and Thule don't make one, does anyone have a definite answer as to if they ever will? It looks like from these forums they won't because the roof material is too thin. Is this right?

Can someone please be specific as to wha they've used on their 2015 model?

I did see an old post about someone using the 2013 model of a Yakima rack but please tell me what parts exactly.

Also, for the Inno rack, can you please detail what parts you purchased? Did you buy online or in a store?

Just looking for base rack info that I can eventually use for a cargo box and kayak carrier. Thank you thank you!

Old 05-09-2015, 06:04 PM
Old 05-09-2015, 06:20 PM
I tried INNO and they say they don't have any to fit the 2015

Old 05-09-2015, 06:24 PM
Originally Posted by Mongo Beti
I tried INNO and they say they don't have any to fit the 2015

that's funny because I have one on my 2015 fit,ordered as a 2015 rack,fits perfect,rack,two bike carriers and I just put the spoiler on today!!!

Last edited by yellow wolf; 05-10-2015 at 09:44 AM.
Old 05-11-2015, 01:25 PM
Yellow Dog - the link you posted now says Nothing for the Honda Fit 2015.

Would you mind listing the exact parts your ordered?

Also how is the noise now that the spoiler is on?

Thanks!

Old 05-11-2015, 06:34 PM
Mongo Beti, I have Thule Aeroblades permanently mounted on my 2015. I had them mounted on my 2010 Fit before that and removed them and just left the footings when I traded it for my new car. I like the permanent mount better. If you're not leasing the car, I'd say it's the way to go.

Old 05-12-2015, 01:51 PM
I feel your pain cffit, I'm getting frustrated with lack of specifics on these threads too, however I think this may help. Let's lay out the details, and someone PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong here. Everything below is referring to a 2015 Honda Fit.

I sincerely hope this helps, and someone please add comments/corrections/suggestions to make sure us 2015 Fit owners can find the right rack!

Old 05-15-2015, 01:57 PM
          Ok, so here it is! I did it... Got it all fitted out all by little self. So here's what I found. I went to Inno's website and did the fit guide for the 2015 Fit base rack system and then ran the parts by my local rack store in Salt Lake City, UT, Rack N Road, to confirm the parts. Getting all the parts through them would have been a little bit pricey due to shipping, same with ORS Racks Direct site.... So... tada... Amazon prime has all the parts except for the hooks. I ordered the stays and bars from Amazon and had them in 2 days.

1) First, you will need the stays:

Amazon.com : Inno Roof Rack Stays with Lock and Keys for Vehicles with Smooth Rooftops, Pack of 4 (Black) : Bike Car Rack Accessories : Sports & Outdoors Amazon.com : Inno Roof Rack Stays with Lock and Keys for Vehicles with Smooth Rooftops, Pack of 4 (Black) : Bike Car Rack Accessories : Sports & Outdoors

2) The bars at 50" (I did this a little differently as I put two sized bars on my car, the front 50" and the back one 42'', you'll see the difference in the pictures. This was done for streamlining the design I removed the rubber end caps of the 42" so you can see how much of the bar goes through the stays.)

Amazon.com : Inno Finish Square Cross Bars for Rooftop Racking Systems (Pair of 1) (Black, 42-Inch) : Automotive Bike Racks : Sports & Outdoors Amazon.com : Inno Finish Square Cross Bars for Rooftop Racking Systems (Pair of 1) (Black, 42-Inch) : Automotive Bike Racks : Sports & Outdoors

You can even find the items used on Amazon for cheaper if available, I found my 42" back bar for 21 bucks (for a pair) and the 50'' bars on craigslist ($45), and this one is made by Thule

3) The hooks. You specifically need the k441 hooks. I bought them through Rack n Road for $100 bucks with two day shipping. I tried first through this site and found they would have been $90 with slower shipping, and seeing as it was so damn expensive I went through the retail store so I could blame them in case anything went wrong with the shipping etc plus they are just so nice:

Inno Hook Kit for INSU Stays - RackWarehouse.com

I found the installation instructions here and watched this youtube vid:

http://www.innoracks.com/pdfs/instruction/K441A.pdf

All in all, after buying both sets of bars, I spent $290 and now have an extra set of bars, which I will post to classified on this forum for someone who wants to duplicate my process.

The cargo box:

I installed the Yakima Skybox 16 in Carbonite. I was told this is the biggest I can go for weight and size in terms of boxes. As far as specs, you can go wider than the interior measurement of the bars between the stays. At the narrowest, they are about 34'' and this box is 36'' wide. You'll need at least 45'' of space between the front bar and the hatchback. The bars on my car sit at 25'' and the box clamps can go as small as 24'' apart. This box is big and is 47lbs, when the bars say they max at 100lbs, I may end up going over. The wind noise is obvious with just the rack at above 40mph. You'll need an Inno fairing at 48''. Absolutely no noise or movement with the box on! I can also fit my huge tri-fold crash pad inside!