General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

I'm a new Fit owner

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2017, 05:58 AM
5 Year Member
I'm a new Fit owner

I traded in a 2006 Chevy Colorado truck for a 2015 Honda Fit with a six-speed tranny yesterday at Sundance Chevrolet in Grand Ledge, Michigan.

The truck had 106,000 miles on it, and I was tiring of the maintenance costs. Last year it was $679 to replace thermostat and an air intake seal. And the check engine light was on again. Who knows what that would have cost. The dealer gave me $3,000 for it.

The Fit has 58,000 miles on it, probably mostly highway miles seeing as how it is just two years old.

I'm curious to know how many of you use the hands-free phone system on the Fit. Does it work well for you?

Also, does anyone have experience putting mp3 files on a flash drive and playing them on their Fit? That would be a neat feature if it works.

Old 03-04-2017, 03:22 PM
5 Year Member
I have used my prehistoric slide-phone phone via Bluetooth in our '15, it seemed to work OK recieving calls, but I typically don't dick around with the phone in the car. Seemed just fine recieving calls, but placing calls, it struggles to recognize my voice (must be my Philly accent I never call anyone when driving, and only answer if I deem it important, such as my wife or kids, who will only call if something IS important. It did, a couple of times, start reading me a text message.....freaked me out....told my wife, so she started texting me amusing stuff, which it never read to me...perhaps there's a censor??? LOL.....as far as MP3s on a flash drive, have never tried, but there are some folks here who do use a flash drive for tunes...maybe post over in the 3rd Gen specific forum and ask about that. I use my iPod for music via Bluetooth, it works great, fwiw.

Old 03-04-2017, 06:14 PM
5 Year Member
hoopmatch :

All I run is mp3 files in the Fit. I have a 16 Gig thumb drive loaded with about 12 gig worth of mp3 files. Works perfect. I never use radio or CD player at all.

James