General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Full Sized Cargo Tray/Mat to fit when backseats are down

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2017, 07:10 PM
Full Sized Cargo Tray/Mat to fit when backseats are down

Hey guys,

I tried searching online and this forum to no avail. Where can I get a rubber weathertech style mat that will cover the floor plan including the back seats down? I want to leave them down permanently.

I also would like some sort of lip around the edge of the mat so I can clean off any excess water. I'm a fisherman and would need to wash out any fish blood type stuff after each outing.

Thanks in advance and sorry if this question has already been answered!

Old 03-19-2017, 07:19 PM
I haven't seen anything like that. You might want to look into a mat designed for a longer station wagon, if you want the lip. Or put in a short "tub" of some sort.

Old 03-20-2017, 08:33 AM
Originally Posted by Aussie
I also would like some sort of lip around the edge of the mat so I can clean off any excess water. I'm a fisherman and would need to wash out any fish blood type stuff after each outing.

Thanks in advance and sorry if this question has already been answered!
I would use durable rubbermaid tubs, the sort people use in their sinks, or even better, the sort busboys use in diners.

Purchase Rubbermaid Bus Box, Rubbermaid Utility Box, Bus Tote, Utility Tote, Stack Nest Tote Box And Plastic Nesting Tote At Globalindustrail.Com.

Old 03-20-2017, 09:43 AM
5 Year Member
I'm looking for something similar but that can be folded back in case I need the seats up. I have a feeling that we're each going to end up making a custom liner. In your case, what about creating a fiberglass basin?

Old 03-20-2017, 10:52 AM
Originally Posted by nobdy
I would use durable rubbermaid tubs...
I'm a spearfisherman, some of these fish are 80bs- I have a fish bag but it can leak a little (they all do). Then I have my wetsuit, speargun and gear which is all wet and picked up dirt/mud coming out of the water. I currently have my trunk lined with plastic but stuff eventually drips into the floor lining and then it smells for days.

Originally Posted by idrivemyself
I'm looking for something similar but that can be folded back in case I need the seats up. I have a feeling that we're each going to end up making a custom liner. In your case, what about creating a fiberglass basin?
This is the closest I've found but there's no lip.

Last edited by Aussie; 03-20-2017 at 11:00 AM.
Old 03-20-2017, 12:12 PM
I have a Hexomat rubber floormat for the entire back and matching front mats. The hex shape texture is great for containing any fluid and they are very tough. Gives the dogs some traction when cornering and keeps the claws from shredding things

Attached Thumbnails Full Sized Cargo Tray/Mat to fit when backseats are down-img_3991.jpg   Full Sized Cargo Tray/Mat to fit when backseats are down-img_3992.jpg   Full Sized Cargo Tray/Mat to fit when backseats are down-img_3993.jpg  
Old 03-20-2017, 12:19 PM
Originally Posted by Aussie
I'm a spearfisherman, some of these fish are 80bs- I have a fish bag but it can leak a little (they all do). Then I have my wetsuit, speargun and gear which is all wet and picked up dirt/mud coming out of the water. I currently have my trunk lined with plastic but stuff eventually drips into the floor lining and then it smells for days.
They do make these bins in all different shapes and sizes. I could imagine one long one for the things I didn't want to get fish juice onto and the other for the fish itself. Also might be easier to remove the bins if you have need of the seats. However, it might be more than you want to spend too.

Bins, Totes & Containers | Tanks-Stock Tanks | Oval Round-End Poly Stock Tanks - GlobalIndustrial.com

Old 03-20-2017, 02:12 PM
5 Year Member
I recently bought this 20 gallon rubbermaid tote. It's really heavy duty and comes with a lid. It was on sale for $23 on Amazon a few weeks ago and periodically comes back.

Amazon Amazon

How about making a frame and using fish pond liner material if really need something huge?
Amazon Amazon

Last edited by 2Rismo2; 03-20-2017 at 02:14 PM.
Old 03-20-2017, 04:09 PM
Originally Posted by 1fit2fit
I have a Hexomat rubber floormat for the entire back and matching front mats. The hex shape texture is great for containing any fluid and they are very tough. Gives the dogs some traction when cornering and keeps the claws from shredding things
This also looks like it would prevent stuff from sliding around. Did you buy a blank and then cut it to shape or do they precut?

Thanks!

Old 03-20-2017, 05:34 PM
5 Year Member
I'm liking the Hexomat as well. Where did you get it in that size? I ran a quick search and only came up with floor mats.

Old 03-20-2017, 06:06 PM
Hexomat looks great!

Old 03-21-2017, 08:28 PM
I found mine on craigslist used. It looks to be factory cut. The hex shapes really keep fluids from moving while driving. The front mats are a perfect fit. The back mat might be even nicer if it had a lip edge that kept things from going into the space between the rear doors and the seats. It does fit well as is.

Old 03-21-2017, 08:32 PM
I guess it comes down to the Elemmat or the hexomat. Here's how I see it.

Hexomat

Pros, sturdy, contains fluid, inexpensive
Cons, Would be hard to clean as you can't wipe down, one piece so you have to remove if you want the back seats up.

Elemmat:
Pros, 2 pieces so it's an easy option to have seat up/down. Easier to wipe down.
Cons about 30% more expensive. appears to be flimsier, Won't contain spills.

Another option might be to buy some sort of rubber fabric (where?), cut to size and then bond some form of foam 1/2" strip like a yoga mat or something on the edge to contain spills and debris.