I sold my GD3 after 2 months. - Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

General Fit Talk
General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Old 04-20-2017, 07:47 PM

I sold my GD3 after 2 months.

I decided to buy a GD3 in Feb to make my 2002 Tacoma a secondary vehicle because it has 265K miles. I have owned the truck for about eight years.

I picked up an 07 GD3 Sport 5 Speed MT, storm silver with only 101k miles. I was getting awesome mileage. 35 mpg average on a 70 mile roundtrip commute to work.

Before the truck, I owned a 1998 Acura Integra ls 5 speed but it got stolen at school. I figured I could go back to a smaller car again but I was wrong! The first two weeks was fine driving to work since the car was new (to me) and a change that I was not used to, psychologically. As weeks went by, I grew more and more bored of the car. On the weekends, I would drive my truck and loved every moment of it. The feeling of being higher off the ground, bumpy/ rough ride (it's lifted), and big tires.

I had thought about buying wheels and suspension to give it a "fun" driving appeal and look but didn't want to invest into the car since I knew I wasn't sure if I wanted to keep it long term. The only thing I did was buy a Genuine Honda Aluminum Shift Knob, and T1R suede shift boot to replace that rubber one. I also replaced the halogen fog lamps to yellow LED's. I also only received one original key with the car when I purchased it. I bought two aftermarket ones off eBay, had them cut, programmed, and paired to the car so it could start.

I started thinking about selling it about a month ago but didn't jump the gun to list it on craigslist until this past Saturday night. At first, i was only "testing the waters" as I had listed that I was willing to trade for a 4Runner.

From Sunday to Tuesday, I received four e-mails, but only two calls out of those four. One person came on Monday to check it out and told me in advanced that his friend was selling a similar one but with an automatic transmission. He was going to give me an answer the following Wednesday. But on Tuesday, a girl e-mailed me then texted me and came the same day. She test drove it and loved it and we agreed to a sale.

I don't miss it one bit.

PS: During the two months I had owned the car, it rained pretty hard in California. Not a drop went inside the spare tire compartment or got any of my carpet wet. Must have been a rare find :P

TL;DR
Bought a fit, didn't like it, sold it after two months.

Last edited by Metadata; 04-20-2017 at 07:49 PM.
Old 04-20-2017, 09:39 PM
5 Year Member

Cool Story Bro!

Old 04-21-2017, 12:53 PM

Thats unfortunate. Hope it found a happy home/owner. Kinda hard to compare the driving experience to your truck. But it is a valid experience to know that you like being in a taller vehicle above traffic, rather than a smaller/low vehicle IN traffic.

I used to have a lifted Nissan Frontier and while I thoroughly enjoyed going on trails and what not...the street experience was not what I wanted. It sounds like I'm the opposite of you, I like being low slung and in traffic whether its on my 600rr or my Fit. I feel like I have better spatial awareness not to mention I like driving spirited thru curves etc which a truck isn't ideal for.

Thanks for sharing.
Old 04-21-2017, 02:35 PM
5 Year Member

Everyone has a personal right to enjoy whatever they enjoy.
Sounds like you enjoy the ride feel of big truck.
OK.
If you can afford it? Go for it.
Personally I think the best, is if you can afford it, having both.
A IMO fun small vehicle, that is economical to own and drive, and a Big Truck.
Since you say you were driving your Truck on weekends? You had both.
I wonder what the dynamic might of become had you drove your Truck the majority of the time, and saved The Fit for weekends?
IMO The Fit is a fun vehicle to drive.
You're going to miss the fuel economy.
Old 04-25-2017, 05:42 PM

I find myself not liking luxurious car and fancy interiors anymore, I really like the simple
Cheap utility interior and well thought out engineering of the fit. Many don't get it.
It's really a great urban and suburban car, fun to drive with a manual
Old 04-27-2017, 04:02 PM
5 Year Member

Well, seeing that my "other vehicle" for the past 36 years has been a motorcycle, anything with 4 wheels and a roof overheard is plenty luxurious for me.
Old 05-11-2017, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennmoto1 View Post
I find myself not liking luxurious car and fancy interiors anymore, I really like the simple
Cheap utility interior and well thought out engineering of the fit. Many don't get it.
Im with you on this, to me the fit is an awesome throwback to an era of simple fun to drive cars.
Old 05-21-2017, 06:38 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennmoto1 View Post

This, 100%.

The Fit is sparsely appointed, noisy, and the opposite of luxury. Seems to me those are three of the ingredients of a great sports car. The 1st time I drove a GD, I had to have one. Considering I've never desired a FWD vehicle (ever), this is a big endorsement from me.

The handling, roomy interior (for a micro compact), and the elegant simplicity of the Fit make it a big winner to me.
Old 05-27-2017, 08:14 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member

hey at least he actually tried the car before letting it go.

some folks just bs out of their arse and complain without even actually having experience.
Old 06-02-2017, 09:27 PM

True that. To each their own. But comparing a truck to a fit is like comparing grapes to a keg of beer.

I miss my GD3, but my modded GE8 makes up for it.

Strangely, I get worse MPGs in the 5sp ge8, as I like to drive it in "sport" mode...lol. I don't beat it up, but I enjoy driving manual the way it was intended - NOT hypermiling like a beotch.

Last edited by TIGHT-FIT; 06-02-2017 at 09:29 PM.
Old 06-03-2017, 06:13 AM
5 Year Member

Hey Metadata,

Just finished up this 1994 teg. When I sit in it, it feels like a gocart.
Truck, Fit, what you drive has to fit you, enjoy the ride!
What ever it is

Last edited by Perrenoud Fit; 06-03-2017 at 06:26 AM.
Old 06-03-2017, 02:31 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perrenoud Fit View Post
Hey Metadata,

Just finished up this 1994 teg. When I sit in it, it feels like a gocart.
Truck, Fit, what you drive has to fit you, enjoy the ride!
What ever it is
awesome! i luved those teg-r's
Old 06-03-2017, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post
awesome! i luved those teg-r's
+1

I love the Integras. Best Acura ever, IMO.