General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

My Jazz story

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2017, 07:17 AM
5 Year Member
My Jazz story

My life with jazz
It has been one week of rain, outdoor actives are not really possible unless kayaking down the road, so I'm quite bored and was thinking about my life with the Jazz and all the adventures we went thru.
Hope you guys like it and might share your story with your car.
The car

(pic from spring just after clenaing and waxing)

I own blue GE from 2011. It is 1,2 l 4 cylinder engine with 66kW and 114 Nm, 5 speed manual gearbox. Average consumption is in city around 6l/100 km (39,2 MPG), on free road 4,5 l/100 km (52,2 MPG). Not bad at all.
The car was new when bought, now has little more than 20 thousand km. (12 452 miles). I know not much, almost new car. I will get to it later.
One more think, I gave him name Bluecifer, because of the colour, obviously and the ivtec engine.
The driver
Im 23, student of economics on university in Czech republic (middle Europe). I have driving licence from 18 (legal age for driving). Actually I got the driving licence just 5 days after my 18th birthday. Ok that it lets move the story itself.
The begging
Now is the time to admit that I didnt buy the car myself. We have had 5th Honda in the family now. It started with Civic in 2005, 3 years later CR-V and then after another 5 years second CR-V. We have that until today and looking forward the new one with 2L petrol engine and electric engines. Meanwhile we had one jazz, the older one. One day we came to local Honda and they offer new one for just few thousands dollar and the old one. That was the beginning with this car. It was in 2011. As you might notice I had not the driving licence for another year. The year was jazz in the garage waiting for his time. We did few trips to parking lot and I tried driving around, but that was it.
The first ride
The day came and I got my driving licence. Sure I wanted to go for a ride. But the Jazz didn't. The battery was death. It was devastating. The first ride together and you do this? Never mind, after few hours on charger the battery was ready and we could go.
First kilometres
Honestly, who can drive after driving school. No one. At least I couldn't. So one family friend, who used to have a driving school took me couple of times for trips. It gave me more than whole driving school and I'm glad for that. Since that I started to drive everywhere, you know even grocery shopping became fun since you can drive there, WITH A CAR. First year I was still at high school so the car was in garage most of the time and I used public transport. After high school I was one year away from home, so the car was doing much kilometres. Now you know why so low kilometres after all this years. 3 year ago I started to study at local UNI and also found I job. Since then I use the Bluecifer most of the time. You know, from home to UNI and then in free time to work.
What we gone thru
Since there is CR-V in family, for long trips and vacation we use it and not the Jazz. So Jazz is more like city car and for shorter trips with friends and to friends. Biggest trip we took was this summer, when we drove around Czech Rep. You can find it somewhere on the FitFreak and read more.
In all this year just one crash. And it wasn't even my fault. I was in office when one of our client hit my Bluecifer. Well I got new rear bumper and his insurance took care of it. Otherwise there are some scratches from the city, but I don't think there is way to avoid it. Never flat tire, nor other issue. Very reliable car.
Some highlights from the trips. As I mentioned the trip above, there are more, we went skiing with friends. Nothing special, just four people with skies, boots, food, alcohol and stuff. The jazz was full but handled it quite good. What else. I use it as "van" quite often. I cleaned archives in work, so it was full of papers. Also at home, so some stuff to waste. Sometimes grass mower. There is nothing you can't give in the Jazz.
Service
Since the begging I took my Jazz to authorised service. Te price is quite Ok, the stuff is professional and the atmosphere is nice. They ask you if you want a car for the time yours is in the service, or if they can drive you somewhere. Last year they let my drive the Civic Type R. What a car. So no really need to go somewhere else.
Here in middle Europe are quite big difference between summer and winter so we use winter and summer tires. I also have them in the service and they change it for me. The price is around 60 dollars for storing the tires, cleaning, changing for both cars (the Jazz and the CR-V).
Future
The car is now 6 year old. I think it can go with me thru the UNI and then we will see. I really love the new civic coupe. But it is quite expensive car here, also since I do mostly short trips in city atmospheric engine is better the one with turbo (the Civic has 1,5 turbo petrol engine).

Ok guys that is my story, now is your turn, tell us how you become an owner of the jazz/fit and your best adventure.

Sorry if you find any mistake (and Im sure you will) english is not my native language.

Old 10-08-2017, 07:57 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
cool stuff lopik. enjoy ur new ride.

my story? back a decade ago i bought my first 08 Fit Sport with 5MT. not that i needed one, i just wanted a small hatch in my stable and the GD was a great match. first thing my neighbor asked when he saw me with the car was if i lost my job. haha! wat a faking kidder he is.

check out the rest in my blog. i always loved hatches and i still do.

Old 10-10-2017, 04:19 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
....i just wanted a small hatch in my stable and the gd was a great match. First thing my neighbor asked when he saw me with the car was if i lost my job. :d haha! Wat a faking kidder he is.
lol!!!!!!!

Old 10-10-2017, 08:42 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
right? hahaha!