Moulding near trunk gasket is lifting - Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

General Fit Talk
General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Old 05-14-2018, 10:40 PM

Moulding near trunk gasket is lifting

I got my car back from some shop work to remediate flooding (of the car). Seats were removed, carpet and electrical on the floor were replaced. It's been about 2 weeks that I got it back after about 1.5 months in the shop (most of that waiting for the replacement carpet).

I noticed this past weekend a lifting of some moulding around the trunk door gasket. Never saw that before. It possible that it has nothing to do with the flood remediation work, and I don't feel that I have grounds to suggest that it is related. I think I may just bring it into the (Honda) shop and see what they can do. If they decide that it is a result of the remediation work (without my suggesting it), then fine.

Short of getting Honda to deal with this, can anyone suggest what might cause this? Is there a simple way to "reseat" the moulding? Simply pushing it back into place doesn't work.

Last edited by TommyMadison; 05-14-2018 at 10:47 PM.
Old 05-14-2018, 10:56 PM

Quote:
I got my car back from some shop work
Take it back to that shop and suggest they overlooked securing this trim when they put the interior together?
Old 05-15-2018, 01:56 AM

I'll just ask if that trim might have been unsecured during the remediation work. If they say no, I'll cover it. I don't want to be too presumptuous about what might have been affected, as i don't know had to be disassembled.
Old 05-15-2018, 08:50 AM

Unfamiliar with this gen, but can't you pull the rubber seal a bit, push in the plastic panel, then put the seal back on?
Old 05-16-2018, 07:35 AM

Apparently, there are clips for holding that piece of trim in place. I've already requested a repair and they've ordered the part. Thanks.