General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

2013 Fit Sport -> 2019 Honda Fit EX

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2018, 01:57 PM
5 Year Member
2013 Fit Sport -> 2019 Honda Fit EX

Traded in my 2013 for a 2019 and granted the 2019 has a lot of pros going for it, like the tech, it does have 3 cons I noticed instantly.

Cupholders
2nd glovebox
Missing hidden compartment

The cup holders in the 2019 can't fit my water bottle, which the 2013 had no issue holding. I'm also not a big fan of the driver's side cupholder having that joint, so it can go in and out a bit. A bit of condensation on the drink in there and a turn gets your leg all wet. It's also missing the passenger-side cupholder by the vents.

The 2013 Fit had a 2nd smaller glovebox above the main glovebox. I used to use this all the time for a few pairs of sunglasses.

No hidden compartment under the back seats. Not that I ever actually used it, but it was nice to know I could hide something small in there, if I wanted. My 2013 had an aftermarket stereo with removable face, for example. I could stash it in there. No such luck with the 2019.

Old 07-10-2018, 02:46 PM
Honda sells a silicone insert accessory for the cup holder that raises the base up slightly, might help fit your bottle. It also would keep any condensation from dripping out.

Old 07-10-2018, 03:28 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Cruciarius
The 2013 Fit had a 2nd smaller glovebox above the main glovebox. I used to use this all the time for a few pairs of sunglasses.
I think this got removed for additional airbags?

Old 07-10-2018, 03:31 PM
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Acce...ceBeautifyAB=0

Get one of these for the sunglasses. Matches perfectly to the OEM headliner (at least on my 2018). I replaced the driver's "oh shit" handle with this to hold my glasses.

Old 07-10-2018, 04:19 PM
5 Year Member
^^^ got 1, loved it. ordering a 2nd one now, the mrs saw it and wants one for her passenger side

Old 07-10-2018, 08:48 PM
5 Year Member
Sunglasses Got one of those too and it works really well.

Also have an arm rest pad that has storage that I put another pair of glasses etc in: Arm pad

Old 07-10-2018, 09:45 PM
5 Year Member
Let the cup sit on a hand towel or paper towel to absorb the moisture in the cup holder. Use it to wipe your forehead if you find the AC inadequate.

Old 07-11-2018, 04:12 PM
5 Year Member
My only complaint about the driver’s side cup holder is that putting a cup in it blocks the A/C outlet on that side.

Old 07-11-2018, 06:14 PM
5 Year Member
agreed ... that left vent is clutch for cooling off those of us who have sweaty left hands

Old 07-11-2018, 06:53 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
yah me too. my wife placed my can of pop in dere being nice and all to keep it cool, but den i got no air blowing towards me. and da GK's ac is so weak i need all da vents pointing at me. lol

Old 07-14-2018, 12:37 PM
5 Year Member
Time marches on, but there were a LOT of things Honda got right with the 2nd Gen Fit, all the things mentioned I miss.

I like my "new" Fit, but to be honest, I liked the dashboard and interior of the 2010 better. Not only was it more functional with a "Remington House" number of cup holders, but I liked the unique looking dashboard.

Old 07-14-2018, 12:56 PM
5 Year Member
I like the 5 speed gearbox in our 2011 better than the 6 speed in the 2018. The SOHC motor feels peppier than the GDI motor, as well, maybe due to the weight of the 2018 which I assume has increased. The newer safety features are great, and I like some of the newer interior features, also like the stock suspension better on the 2018. But overall, the GE8 is "just right", and it would be a hard choice if I found a pristine low mileage 2013 vs a new one.

Old 07-15-2018, 09:31 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Cruciarius
The cup holders in the 2019 can't fit my water bottle, which the 2013 had no issue holding. I'm also not a big fan of the driver's side cupholder having that joint, so it can go in and out a bit. A bit of condensation on the drink in there and a turn gets your leg all wet. It's also missing the passenger-side cupholder by the vents.

How's 'bout you just adapt and buy an insulated beverage container that DOES actually fit....Christ, folks complaining that the car doesn't fit "their" water bottles. Does it not fit in the storage well on the lower door area...condensation won't drip on ya from there? First world "problems" …. be thankful you can afford a modern automobile.....just sayin'.....Let's see, you have 2 front seats ….atm, the Fit has 3 proper cup holders, plus the door storage pockets....how many beverages do you need access to on a regular basis? My SS insulated "cup" holds (iirc) 550 ml of beverage and fits in all three cupholders....dunno how much you swill down on a drive, but, it's fine by me....of course, I grew up in a time, long ago and in a galaxy far far away, where we had to hold our beverages in between our legs on a drive. Be thankful, and buy a cup/mug/bottle that fits and be done with it.....or trade the car in for something that fits your water bottle....LOL

Old 07-15-2018, 11:10 AM
5 Year Member
Be thankful that Honda was willing to take your hard earned money and give you less than you expected?

That's ridiculous!!! What kind of sheep are you?

Honda needs to hear these kinds of complaints. It costs them zero dollars to optimize ergonomics. No reason to not get the design right.

It was us GD owners complaining about lack of armrest and dead pedal that eventually led to them being included. Any product needs feedback from users to improve.

Last edited by GAFIT; 07-15-2018 at 11:13 AM.
Old 07-15-2018, 11:39 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GAFIT
Be thankful that Honda was willing to take your hard earned money and give you less than you expected?
I didn't get less than expected, I KNEW what I was getting ….my LX offers quite enough for the price.... if it offers less than expected to you, why'd you buy it, what'd you do, buy sight unseen? You check a car out, test drive it, see if it fits your needs (apparently someone's need for a huge water bottle), and either buy it or not.....unless one buys sight unseen where all bets are off. Coming from a '03 Focus and an '05 Corolla, a '15 LX Fit is quite a step up....ymmv, I guess

Old 07-15-2018, 04:26 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fuelish
How's 'bout you just adapt and buy an insulated beverage container that DOES actually fit....Christ, folks complaining that the car doesn't fit "their" water bottles. Does it not fit in the storage well on the lower door area...condensation won't drip on ya from there? First world "problems" …. be thankful you can afford a modern automobile.....just sayin'.....Let's see, you have 2 front seats ….atm, the Fit has 3 proper cup holders, plus the door storage pockets....how many beverages do you need access to on a regular basis? My SS insulated "cup" holds (iirc) 550 ml of beverage and fits in all three cupholders....dunno how much you swill down on a drive, but, it's fine by me....of course, I grew up in a time, long ago and in a galaxy far far away, where we had to hold our beverages in between our legs on a drive. Be thankful, and buy a cup/mug/bottle that fits and be done with it.....or trade the car in for something that fits your water bottle....LOL
Wow... I was only listing the differences I noticed right away between the 2 vehicles. Obviously I can replace my water bottle. I also feel like I have a valid point on the cup holder by the vent leaking condensation is annoying. If it was a cup holder that didn't collapse in, it wouldn't leak. Wouldn't hurt to have the passenger-side cup holder at the vent either. They could use a heated/cooled drink as well. And for the record, no, my cheap water bottle doesn't fit in the door compartments either.

I'm happy with the tech upgrades at the loss of some convenience.

Also making such threads like this gets people sharing convenience upgrades you can get, like that sunglasses holder.

Old 07-15-2018, 04:42 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GAFIT

That's ridiculous!!! What kind of sheep are you?

Honda needs to hear these kinds of complaints. It costs them zero dollars to optimize ergonomics. No reason to not get the design right.

It was us GD owners complaining about lack of armrest and dead pedal that eventually led to them being included. Any product needs feedback from users to improve.
i agree.. hyundai and pretty much all korean major brands (appliances, home electronics, phone, etc) do dis all da time.. look were dey are at now. wtf mang.. at least their OH and AL plant folks are listening.. sort of.

Old 07-15-2018, 04:44 PM
5 Year Member
but these stupid complaints about not having volume knobs are ridiculous.. i dont even use the volume knobs on my cars dat have dem. lol

Old 07-15-2018, 04:56 PM
5 Year Member
The 2019 Honda Fit has a volume knob, which I heard was back after high demand. Honestly can't recall if the 2013 model had it or not. My 1st mod of the 2013 was to swap out the stereo asap, so I could have bluetooth.

Personally, I just use the steering wheel controls. Bad to take the hand off the wheel, when driving. Maybe a knob is useful when not in motion...? I'd actually prefer if the volume controls were either physical buttons or even digital touch screen buttons, for a sleeker stereo look.

Old 07-15-2018, 05:06 PM
5 Year Member
haha, yep. and yah, i just use steering controls too. i dont remember if the GE's had it or not cause i swapped the HU when i had mine, and wired up the steering controls to it.

Quick Reply: 2013 Fit Sport -> 2019 Honda Fit EX