General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Honda Passport

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2018, 08:24 PM
5 Year Member
Honda Passport

Big news! Or is it no news, since this is a Honda Pilot that's hit the gym hard for a few months and lost a bit of his Dad Bod? What do you guys and girls think??

https://www.autoblog.com/2018/11/27/...ealed-la-show/

Personally I have an opinion of course

Old 11-30-2018, 09:53 AM
Looks like a Pilot Jr. I kind of like it, but at the same time, for this moment in my life I need three (semi-roomy) rows. Put on a lift kit, add a real brush guard instead of the plastic piece, and I would rock one of these....after the kids are out of the house.

Old 11-30-2018, 09:24 PM
5 Year Member
I'm tossing this or a Ridgeline around in my head as a potential tow rig for the Fit BUT not fond of the 9 speed transmission (call a Honda dealer and ask how much ATF replacement is on a Pilot Touring with 9 speed auto, you WILL choke). Here's a hint before calling for pricing. https://www.collegehillshonda.com/pr...8200-9017.html

I like the more aggressive styling cues compared to the Pilot and Ridgeline as well as its shorter length but will be withholding any other likes or dislikes on them until I get an opportunity to drive one.

Old 12-01-2018, 10:19 AM
Didn't the cr-v replace the passport? Will this new passport replace the cr-v?

Old 12-01-2018, 01:14 PM
5 Year Member
The passport is bigger than the CR-V and smaller than a pilot.

Old 12-01-2018, 06:44 PM
5 Year Member
Well it's barely smaller than a Pilot, at least for the first two rows. The thing is it hasn't got any third row of seats.

I think this makes sense. This thing reminds me of the Jeep Cherokee - fairly big but only two rows.

And Subaru proves you can have two cars that sit about the same place on the ladder, but expand into two entirely separate market segments. The Forester and Outback cost about the same, have the same engine and ground clearance, around the same luggage space ... if it were not for the fact that the Outback is still waiting to upgrade to the new platform you would say they were mechanically identical. But one of them looks rugged and is taller and has cheaper interior materials; the other rides smoother and has better NVH control and looks like a wagon. And people absolutely buy one or the other depending which they like.

There was enough space between the CRV and the Pilot that something else made sense. Maybe the CRV will be able to have a starting price a little lower now. And of course, Americans don't really want sedans any more, so it's becoming obvious that having more than 2 or 3 SUVs is a good idea for any manufacturer.