General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Trucked my FIT - Arrived W/ Dent.. Advise ASAP please!

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2018, 02:36 AM
5 Year Member
Trucked my FIT - Arrived W/ Dent.. Advise ASAP please!

Seasons greetings ya'll..

Some of you might remember my thread about whether to drive or truck my Fit coast to coast (NY-CA). Well i ended up getting it trucked. And i used one of the outfits on that "avoid trucking scams" website. At any rate, i ended up driving my car to the home of the actual truck owner, it was a two-man operation, driver and the guy who owns the truck. We hit it off right away, and owner even invited us in his home and we really had a great evening.

FAST FORWARD to YESTERDAY..truck arrived late by a couple days which wasn't that a big shock to me but i did reciprocate that lovely evening in NY with a small gift of a couple bottles of good wine for owner/driver. It was a bit unnerving to take possession of my car in the middle of a street at night..(not door to door as promised but again i was willing to overlook this) anyway because of the "midnight handover" i did not notice the small dent on the back of the car, the car with FILTHY and had h-u-g-e chunks of mud stuck underneath all 4 wheels, it was disheartening to see my beloved Fit in this condition but i tried to overlook all this as the guys were so nice initially. Ofcourse i did give the car a basic looking-over when i took possession of it but in the dead of night and with so much dirt, i doubt many would have spotted it right away.
So its now 3 days later and this morning i was horrified to see the small dent right above the " Fit " logo in the back of the hood..yes its small, but its a dent that was not there.
The guys did video the car when they received it and so did i, but unfortunately i dont have a VIDEO of the back side, , however i do have photo's shot the day before we handed the car to them and you can clearly see there was no small dent above the "Fit" logo, Plus my wife was there when we handed the car over to them, and when they and i videotaped the condition of the car.

So who do i contact, the broker of the trucker? I did make certain to ask the broker if my car is insured during the trip and they did assure me it was, i am hoping that my discovery of the dent 3 days late wont be used against me..

Sorry to weave a long story but these guys were nice and i am hoping that i will have to deal with the BROKER instead of the two truckers..but at the end of the day i have a small dent on my car, no one is going to fix that dent for me for free so i must pursue it, and hopefully my reciprocal good-will gesture will amount for something in the end.

till soon
PS i did wash the filth off my car today ofcourse but i did not shoot photo's of all the dirt/mud/grime..and did not notice the dent during the wash, its only when i parked it in direct sunlight that the dimple was a reflecting, clearly showing the small dent..you know this kind of dent, its more visible when you are under direct sunlight or reflection.

Last edited by Zero2Hero; 12-22-2018 at 02:41 AM.
Old 12-28-2018, 07:44 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
i didnt read the entire thread, but the first step would be to contact your insurance agent and have your claims adjuster make a repair estimate on the damage. then your insurance will talk to the trucking company's insurance and work something out. the other party's insurance should also pay (reimburse) your deductible. GL with the repairs.

Old 12-28-2018, 09:10 PM
5 Year Member
Hey Kenchan- I didnt think of contacting my insurance for this..i will do that asap thanks!

Old 12-28-2018, 09:47 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
np, and good luck.