General For Sale Section Sell all your General, non Fit related items here. MUST HAVE 20 POSTS

Fs: Hang gliding tandem flight

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 12:09 PM
Fs: Hang gliding tandem flight

$250 Tandem Flight.

Tandem Flights are usually about 30-45min on average, about 1000 feet above the launch site overlooking the beach and ocean in Daly City/Pacifica/S. San Fran. There are other locations to fly, but Ft. Funston is the most beautiful and has the best conditions.

Never heard of Hang Gliding? Its all good. Check it out at my pop's site: www.ihangglide.com for all the info.

I'm trying to get some business for him cuz he loves to hang glide and even more, loves to show others what its all about. He's been a licensed hang glider pilot for over 10 years now and has been a licensed instructor and tandem pilot for more than a few years. He's taken tons of hang glider pilots, students, and a lot of people just looking to fly once (to check it off their "before i die" list lol).

It's an awesome experience. I recommend it anyone who's into skydiving, paragliding, or any extreme sports. If you're an adreneline junkie, or just a guy looking for a rare experience, you gotta try it. It's not just for guys either... I know a few guys who payed for their gf to take a flight, and an engaged couple who did it for a pre-wedding thrill.

Thanks guys, i appreciate the support!
Name:  hangglidetandem.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  22.8 KB

Last edited by WSRPRED; 08-18-2009 at 01:05 PM.
Old 06-18-2009, 02:18 AM
:::bump:::

Feel free to PM me or email me at wsrpred@gmail.com with any questions

Old 08-18-2009, 01:05 PM
bump

Old 08-18-2009, 01:14 PM
Administrator
5 Year Member
wow, thats pretty cool. too scary for me, but sweet none the less

Old 08-18-2009, 01:31 PM
Originally Posted by gimme
wow, thats pretty cool. too scary for me, but sweet none the less
ha its not scary man. trust me, im afraid of heights! I actually just got my Hang 2 Pilot Rating, so i can soar on Hang 2 qualified launch sites. I'm looking on becoming an instructor myself once i get back from a trip.

You should check it out if your ever in the SF area

Old 08-20-2009, 01:55 AM
5 Year Member
wow! i've always wanted to hang glide. sky diving would be too crazy for me. I dont like the free fall feeling where it feels like your going to barf your guts. LOL. I'm down if I'm ever in norcal! Maybe when I have my photography expedition in monterey bay =]

Old 08-21-2009, 01:44 AM
5 Year Member
BADASS MAN!! I wanna go with my girl for 2 yr aniv. very soon. Where the hell is Ft. Funston.

Edit: Oh shit it's in the bay area. That SUCKS man bring it down 2 socal i'll go fer sure!

Old 08-23-2009, 05:31 PM
Originally Posted by koolkevin1107
BADASS MAN!! I wanna go with my girl for 2 yr aniv. very soon. Where the hell is Ft. Funston.

Edit: Oh shit it's in the bay area. That SUCKS man bring it down 2 socal i'll go fer sure!
I'm not familiar with the soaring sites in socal, but i'll ask around the pilot community and see what i can find. As with Ft. Funston, many pilots consider it to be one of the best soaring spots in the world for many reasons. It's a beautiful view, you get consistent lift from the ocean wind currents hitting the cliffs and rising up, it's near San Francisco, and it's one of the few spots where tourists and SF natives alike are plentiful, watching us ride the wind in awe just above their heads.

It wouldn't be a bad aniversary gettaway if you don't mind the road trip, but wind conditions are no guarantee, as they vary from day to day. If there happens to be a decent soaring site in the socal area, and if there might be another person who would want to go the day after or something, then it's definitely possible to work something out.

PM Sent