AutoX?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 10:49 PM
AutoX?

Anybody know where to get AutoX information in Edmonton?

Old 04-24-2008, 01:32 PM
Whats the name of the race track up there?
look it up on google then either email or phone their office and inquire.

then let us know as our racetrack is closing down end of next year and i'm sure we will try and make some events up north

Old 04-24-2008, 03:20 PM
Originally Posted by JDMish
Whats the name of the race track up there?
look it up on google then either email or phone their office and inquire.

then let us know as our racetrack is closing down end of next year and i'm sure we will try and make some events up north
The track up here is called Stratotech although they mainly use the track for Karting and Motorbike events.

There's a company called Speedway Performance that rents out the track for Time Attack's about once every 3 weeks, but I know there's AutoX'ing around here too but just not sure who organizes it.

Old 04-24-2008, 03:39 PM
I'm sure if you phone the track they can tell you who rents it out for those events...

Old 04-24-2008, 04:29 PM
OK, so stratotech sent me back a reply (yes i have nothing going on at work today :P )

I do not believe any Edmonton club has rented our track yet for 2008, for
this purpose....
our schedule is updated on our website several times per week.
Welcome to Stratotech Park - use the schedule tab.

Regards
maybe try castrol raceway, I'm pretty sure they are only a dragstrip though right?

Old 04-24-2008, 05:43 PM
Originally Posted by JDMish
OK, so stratotech sent me back a reply (yes i have nothing going on at work today :P )

maybe try castrol raceway, I'm pretty sure they are only a dragstrip though right?
They're primarily a drag strip, although I think this year they may have some Drift events, well more like practice sessions to see how many people come out and then maybe events next year.

Old 04-24-2008, 06:07 PM
sweet!

keep us posted on when they are held. I'm up in Edmonton more than i want to during the summer so this would make me have something to do while I'm in town

Old 04-24-2008, 09:03 PM
I've never been tp either tracks in Edmonton so I would be interested for sure.

Also check out armdroplive.com if you want to see that douche Rich from pinks do an event at Castrol Raceway on May 30-31st like pinks all out.

Old 04-24-2008, 09:15 PM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by Mr_ET
I've never been tp either tracks in Edmonton so I would be interested for sure.

Also check out armdroplive.com if you want to see that douche Rich from pinks do an event at Castrol Raceway on May 30-31st like pinks all out.
You are so going to watch it!

Old 04-24-2008, 09:37 PM
I'd go but I'm going on vacation on the 31st so won't be able to make it :P

Old 04-30-2008, 12:31 AM
This you guys will apreciate!

• View topic - SASC Announces Addtional dates and New Venue for 2008 season

4 dates in Calgary for auto x!

Old 04-30-2008, 01:31 AM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
I finally broke down and posted something up under their "spreading the word" thread. I want to find out what we need to get involved, that big open venue they have sounds like a blast!

Hey JDMish, sounds like you have a place to burn off some of those fancy sponsored tires of yours

Old 04-30-2008, 10:26 AM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Got a responce to my post, sounds easy enough

Sugarphreak,

Everyone has to start somewhere, and running with our club would be extremely beneficial to people new to the sport. One of our mandates is to get new people involved who vnever even thought about it. We have many very experienced drivers who have been doing this for years. That is a great thing for people new to the sport and should not be something to be intimidated about. We will have an experienced driver sit with you in the car and help you out. We also only run really safe events where there should never be anyone hitting anything based on our course designs.

To get involved all you have to do is sign up for the event and bring a helmet.
Anybody want to take the plunge and sign up for one of the events with me?.... also find some helmets

Old 04-30-2008, 10:30 AM
Hey JDMish, sounds like you have a place to burn off some of those fancy sponsored tires of yours
yah, when ever they decide to show up....

Old 04-30-2008, 12:18 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
I am sure it will be worth the wait, those tires are going to be Sweeeeeet!!

So I was reading more into the layout, they also have a novice series as well that dosn't allow anybody with more than 2 years expereince into the class.

Old 04-30-2008, 12:22 PM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
I am sure it will be worth the wait, those tires are going to be Sweeeeeet!!

So I was reading more into the layout, they also have a novice series as well that dosn't allow anybody with more than 2 years expereince into the class.
Yeah I read that too...unfortunately it sounds like they are running those races during my installs, so I don't think I can make the first two. Maybe the ones in September, but it would be cool to check out nonetheless...

Old 04-30-2008, 01:18 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Yeah they had 2 events already in April this year, not to mention out of the 11 events planned so far only 4 are in Calgary I don't have the time to be going down to Lethbridge that much... well at least not this year

If I sign up for some events it is strictly for fun I want to get my feet wet before I nab one of those 1 series for next year

Hmmmm, I think I am going to pick up a helmet somewhere and sign up for one of the events in May just to try it out. You should try to make at least 1 of the ones in May if possible.... some pre-SC racing will be fun.

Old 04-30-2008, 02:40 PM
Retired Moderator
I'm really thinking about it. $30 for membership is sweet! It's that damn helmet that doesn't make you look like a douche that is expensive...

Old 04-30-2008, 02:56 PM
So where do you go to get a membership and sign up for these events, cuz all the events in edmonton for AutoX atleast are fully booked.

Old 04-30-2008, 03:18 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Illusive
I'm really thinking about it. $30 for membership is sweet! It's that damn helmet that doesn't make you look like a douche that is expensive...
You don't have to be a member, it is 50$ for non-members to particiapte if you pre-register. As a member it is 40$ anyway.

You can register here, they havn't opended it for the one on the 17th yet though. I was thinking about the 11th, but DaveVM made a good point about it being mothers day. I am going to start planning to go on the 17th instead.

https://www.karelo.com/enter_res.php?&BID=334#Ev6095

Oh yeah, I was asking about helmets and somebody suggested this website.... he said he got this helmet from there which meets the requirements laid out in the rules.

Blackfoot Motosports introduces Blackfoot Direct: Our nation's leading online supplier of motosports related accessories

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 04-30-2008 at 03:25 PM.

Quick Reply: AutoX?