Leather Seats

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 11:48 PM
5 Year Member
Leather Seats

Does anyone know a good place in Calgary that would do Leather Seats for the 07/08 Honda Fit?

Thanks!

Old 10-29-2008, 12:21 AM
Banned
I imagine there must be a place in Calgary. Here is a place in the USA, $300 but I think they are seat covers:

2007 Honda Fit Seat Covers | Car Seat Covers | Leather Seat Covers | Truck Seat Cover | Custom Seat Covers

After the first panel you can choose the seat fabric, leather is an option.

I also have a link for a built in seat warmer with a dash switch, if you are interested. You will have the seats apart anyway and what can be better than heat in the seat. Assuming you drive in the winter.

Old 10-29-2008, 12:13 PM
Originally Posted by Unforgiven
Does anyone know a good place in Calgary that would do Leather Seats for the 07/08 Honda Fit?

Thanks!
I talked to Cutting Edge Design in town and they quoted me a price of 2100 for Katzkin leather for the front and back. The leather kit will not cover the back of the back seats because when they fold down, you want cloth for the lining. That price was with install. There are many designs you can choose from. Here is the website for design options.

Katzkin Leather Interiors

I will be talking a friend of mine who might do the leather upholstery for me. Apparently there is a leather kit manufacturer in British Columbia which is better quality, better pricing, and faster delivery than Katzkin. The only issue is you have to install the leather yourself. When I do mine I will make a guide for installing leather yourself. The tricky part is that the seats are glued on the Honda Fit. This makes it a little difficult getting the cloth seats off. I will let you know when I make the guide.

Old 10-29-2008, 05:16 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kamakurakid
I imagine there must be a place in Calgary. Here is a place in the USA, $300 but I think they are seat covers:

2007 Honda Fit Seat Covers | Car Seat Covers | Leather Seat Covers | Truck Seat Cover | Custom Seat Covers

After the first panel you can choose the seat fabric, leather is an option.

I also have a link for a built in seat warmer with a dash switch, if you are interested. You will have the seats apart anyway and what can be better than heat in the seat. Assuming you drive in the winter.

Those are cool seat covers, you have to pull the seats apart to install them? I would be interested in the link for the built in seat warmers.

Old 10-29-2008, 05:24 PM
Cascade Vanlines also does custom interiors. They did the interior seats etc in my friends hot rod.

There are a few places in town that do leather interiors.. just depends on what you want done.

Old 10-29-2008, 05:45 PM
Originally Posted by RedFitBaron
I talked to Cutting Edge Design in town and they quoted me a price of 2100 for Katzkin leather for the front and back.
Hmmmmm... come to think of it.. for that price, I'd rather go and get 2 new bride racing seats

EVEN BETTER would be to get the Mugen Fit Seat Covers from Evasive Motorsports for $830US.

http://www.evasivemotorsports.com/me...de=MUGEN-SEATS

Old 10-29-2008, 06:00 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by YeeFit
Hmmmmm... come to think of it.. for that price, I'd rather go and get 2 new bride racing seats

EVEN BETTER would be to get the Mugen Fit Seat Covers from Evasive Motorsports for $830US.

Mugen Seat Cover Set - Honda Fit 07+: Evasive Motorsports - PH: 626.336.3400, M-F 9am - 5pm PST
True... I would like those Mugen Seat covers... man if only I had the money...

Old 10-29-2008, 06:43 PM
Those are cool seat covers, you have to pull the seats apart to install them? I would be interested in the link for the built in seat warmers.
This is the link for the heated seats. On the installation page it has listed that the Honda Fit has its cloth seats glued on, making it slightly difficult to install. The parts themselves are pretty inexpensive with free shipping within North America.

Seat Heater for Cars and Trucks from HeatedSeatKits.com

When I talked to the supplier about these heated seat kits, he suggested using the Innovative II model, at 90$ US. It requires less power and are a bit smaller so they fit nicer on the Fit seats. The more expensive ones are for bigger seats like trucks and suvs.

Old 10-29-2008, 10:14 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by RedFitBaron
This is the link for the heated seats. On the installation page it has listed that the Honda Fit has its cloth seats glued on, making it slightly difficult to install. The parts themselves are pretty inexpensive with free shipping within North America.

Seat Heater for Cars and Trucks from HeatedSeatKits.com

When I talked to the supplier about these heated seat kits, he suggested using the Innovative II model, at 90$ US. It requires less power and are a bit smaller so they fit nicer on the Fit seats. The more expensive ones are for bigger seats like trucks and suvs.

Cool, Thanks! That is a really good price, I will have to ask for it for Christmas

Old 10-30-2008, 12:01 AM
Banned
Cool, Thanks! That is a really good price, I will have to ask for it for Christmas
Might be a nice treat considering the season. Heated shift knob and mirrors too!

Old 10-30-2008, 09:57 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kamakurakid
Might be a nice treat considering the season. Heated shift knob and mirrors too!
Really? a heated shift knob? that would be awesome too!!!

Old 10-30-2008, 10:12 PM
Banned
Well a heated steering wheel is fairly common on higher end cars now, so we need something bigger and better. I read of a Fit owner who had an aftermarket titanium shift knob, ice cold in winter and scorching hot in summer. Not good. A heated shift knob might be a tad weird though, marketing wise a mess. Heated anything in the winter is welcomed, might be a Fit's little fireplace providing warmth in our cold cars. We all know the heater can be a wee small on some really cold days.

Old 10-31-2008, 06:57 PM
If you do get heated seats, let me know. I might get them. We could install them together since the fabric is such a hassle because it is glued to the seats.