RRRrrrrrr.... RRrrrrr... Rrrr... RRr... Vrrooom

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2008, 01:23 AM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
RRRrrrrrr.... RRrrrrr... Rrrr... RRr... Vrrooom

I don't know about anybody else, but my Fit was having a hell of a time starting today if it sat outside for more than a few hours at a time! Man it is cold out, apparently with the wind chill it was like -39

Old 12-14-2008, 01:46 AM
spoon fed
5 Year Member
eh. its snowing in port orchard right now. the cold weather does make the starting harder but the oxygen molecules are closer together which makes for a better boom in the combustion chamber and more zoom zoom.

Old 12-14-2008, 05:45 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
I don't know about anybody else, but my Fit was having a hell of a time starting today if it sat outside for more than a few hours at a time! Man it is cold out, apparently with the wind chill it was like -39
Originally Posted by kylerwho
eh. its snowing in port orchard right now. the cold weather does make the starting harder but the oxygen molecules are closer together which makes for a better boom in the combustion chamber and more zoom zoom.

***this goes to you two =P
man i love it here in CENTRAL CALI! =P but i would love some snow =P hmm no i take taht back =P i got the moutains for that =P

Old 12-14-2008, 02:11 PM
mine had a hard time starting too but she did start and wasn't plugged in either.

Old 12-14-2008, 04:16 PM
Originally Posted by Mr_ET
mine had a hard time starting too but she did start and wasn't plugged in either.
Mine was good... i was surprised cause usually my car sounds like an cammed v8 at idle on start up! lol... but I also park in my garage but i don't plug it in.

Old 12-14-2008, 08:26 PM
Originally Posted by YeeFit
Mine was good... i was surprised cause usually my car sounds like an cammed v8 at idle on start up! lol... but I also park in my garage but i don't plug it in.
the garage helps quite a bit, mine was outside in front of my house overnight.

My civic in the garage started no problem when I needed to move it today though

I have a type R engine in my garage right now yay

Old 12-15-2008, 12:32 AM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Im|Inside|Fit

***this goes to you two =P
man i love it here in CENTRAL CALI! =P but i would love some snow =P hmm no i take taht back =P i got the moutains for that =P
I have no bones about the snow, our streets feel more like a rally course right now which suits me just fine!

It is the extreme temps that suck!!

Old 12-15-2008, 12:33 AM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Yeah today wasn't too bad. I parked outside for 4 hours and it started up with no problem despite no plug-in.

I was a bit worried yesterday when it was turning over for like 5 times without starting up. It sounded like an old diesel VW

Old 12-15-2008, 01:22 AM
spoon fed
5 Year Member
what do you guys mean plug-in? is it like a block warmer?

Old 12-15-2008, 08:31 AM
Originally Posted by kylerwho
what do you guys mean plug-in? is it like a block warmer?

Isn't Seatle cold? You should know this :P yes it is a block heater, warms up the coolant around the cylinders and makes it easier for the engine to start it very cold weather like we have been having for the last 3 days.

yesterday was -39 with the wind chill

Old 12-15-2008, 10:37 AM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Seattle and Vancouver are pretty similar in weather, it doesn't really get cold enough there to need a block heater

Oh man, I had to walk into work today... only about 15 minutes outside. Snow-pants, goggles, face-mask, double jacket and I was still freezing by the time I made it to the +15 system. I freaking hate this weather... looks like it is going to taper off this week at least.

Old 12-15-2008, 11:12 AM
Banned
Isn't Seatle cold? You should know this :P yes it is a block heater, warms up the coolant around the cylinders and makes it easier for the engine to start it very cold weather like we have been having for the last 3 days.

If the guy knows nothing of a block heater....is he gonna know what a wind-chill is? He knows coffee I am certain, micro beers too....Regional vocabulary is a laugh at times.

It was -41C, not including wind-chill in Canmore.....now I feel better.

Old 12-15-2008, 11:19 AM
Originally Posted by kamakurakid
If the guy knows nothing of a block heater....is he gonna know what a wind-chill is? He knows coffee I am certain, micro beers too....Regional vocabulary is a laugh at times.

It was -41C, not including wind-chill in Canmore.....now I feel better.

Well the Fit started ok this morning but kind of sounded like a Subaru for the first 2-3 mins. Let it idle for about 10 and then the check engine light started blinking...

It drove normally and eventually the check engine light just stopped blinking and stayed on

Turned the car off and back on. It stayed off for about 30 secs and came back on.

I will disconnect the battery tonight and see if that fixes it, if not to the dealer it will go.... This better be just something because of the cold weather. Guess I should plug it in..

Old 12-15-2008, 11:30 AM
Banned
Well the Fit started ok this morning but kind of sounded like a Subaru for the first 2-3 mins. Let it idle for about 10 and then the check engine light started blinking...

It drove normally and eventually the check engine light just stopped blinking and stayed on

Turned the car off and back on. It stayed off for about 30 secs and came back on.

I will disconnect the battery tonight and see if that fixes it, if not to the dealer it will go.... This better be just something because of the cold weather. Guess I should plug it in..
Plug it in, when I had to park in the elements last year the car was Subaru like the first few minutes, sound-wise not HP-wise. I think this will take the engine light issues away.

Getting into my Honda dealer is a nightmare, two weeks for an oil change? Really, and they want the car for a four hour block basically. This city needs another dealer as the demand has grown for service. Nice enough service area though, tempted to buy a new vehicle sometimes.

Old 12-15-2008, 11:42 AM
Push My Button
5 Year Member

hehe, my engine light is always on

Old 12-15-2008, 12:48 PM
No CEL here! You can swing by if you have time ET, I'll scan you codes. I'm so glad I have a garage right now. Looks like it's going to stay under -17 for the next week or so.

Old 12-15-2008, 08:29 PM
Originally Posted by projekz
No CEL here! You can swing by if you have time ET, I'll scan you codes. I'm so glad I have a garage right now. Looks like it's going to stay under -17 for the next week or so.

Lol I have one too but the track rat is in there :P and an ITR engine

Disconnected the battery and reset the ecu and the cel is gone. Car is now plugged in we'll see how she does tomorrow.

Old 12-15-2008, 08:35 PM
spoon fed
5 Year Member

i was just double checking. my dad plugs in his diesel truck every night. i never thought to have one for the fit. seattle never gets that cold. its 17 (F) degress here right now not including windchill.

Old 12-15-2008, 09:38 PM
Originally Posted by kamakurakid
<snip>It was -41C, not including wind-chill in Canmore.....now I feel better.
I think the Global news had it wrong, as my wife said that the digital thermometer was only reading -34C, not that it feels any different when it gets that cold!

I am currently located 49 kms north of Fort McMurray and it's only -18C outside right now. But I don't have to start my car until Sunday. It's plugged in (cycles 30 minutes on and 30 minutes off) and should start with little effort. It'll just take some time to thaw out. LOL!

Old 12-16-2008, 10:47 AM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Should be ok as long as the battery is strong, I don't have any issues until it dips below about -25

Quick Reply: RRRrrrrrr.... RRrrrrr... Rrrr... RRr... Vrrooom