Probably getting laid off....

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 01:17 AM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Unhappy Probably getting laid off....

Well I knew it was bad, but I didn't think it was this bad out there. Our rock solid client finally stumbled and we have major holds and delays on nearly everything coming up for the summer. I think I have until mid-March before I am out.

Could be worse I suppose, so far in the last week I have heard of about 4 rounds of major layoffs totally nearly 350 jobs now in my industry.

sigh

Old 01-19-2009, 01:24 AM
spoon fed
5 Year Member
that is a huge bummer man. so you gonna part out the fit?

Old 01-19-2009, 01:32 AM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
What!? NO!

Mostly means my second car is on hold for a while... but still, situation sucks.

Old 01-19-2009, 01:32 AM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
yea man. Sorry. The economy is such crap right now. The caar industry is HORRIBLE and I am struggling making a living right now. I hope everything goes good and maybe things will turn around before march for you!

Old 01-19-2009, 01:35 AM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JDMchris.com
yea man. Sorry. The economy is such crap right now. The caar industry is HORRIBLE and I am struggling making a living right now. I hope everything goes good and maybe things will turn around before march for you!
I know, this thing is so freaking widespread it is making my head spin.

spoon fed
5 Year Member
i think i am probably the only person that is working like crazy. my boss just asked if i would start working overtime due to the lack of exotic alloy welders in the region. hopefully all other businesses follow suit and the economy starts stabilizing by this spring/summer.

5 Year Member
i work for toyota, so it isnt as bad as the american companies, but toyota declared their first loss in 70 years. last week was the first 5 day work week ive had since october.

Old 01-19-2009, 01:37 AM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by solbrothers
i work for toyota, so it isnt as bad as the american companies, but toyota declared their first loss in 70 years. last week was the first 5 day work week ive had since october.
Yeah man, when Toyota is starting to hurt you know things are rough!

Old 01-19-2009, 01:39 AM
5 Year Member
yep. if i werent union, i bet id be gone by now

Old 01-19-2009, 01:44 AM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
This really pisses me off; when you think about it... some rich asshole in Wallstreet makes a bunch of speculative trades and falls on his face... the result? Practically everybody in the world get affected. My 10 year career is going down the toilet along with hundreds of thousands of other peoples.

What a bunch of crap... as we speak right now this Wallstreet asshole is selling oil "futures" for cheap even though supply and demand is not even a factor. This is the same guy that bid it up so high that we all had to pay retarded amounts at the pump... again with no real connection to supply and demand.

I wish I could put a face to the Wallstreet Asshole because (at the risk of sounding like Cartman) I would kick him square in the nuts.

Old 01-19-2009, 02:06 AM
spoon fed
5 Year Member
i think anyone who works at wallstreet should be the first without a job because they really do nothing. no money is handed over. nobody is making any product for others to buy. they basically just skim money off the tops of big corporations and make a killing while the rest of the blue collar society gets screwed out of a job. i think someone needs to go on a shooting spree to even everything back out. (if someone from fitfreak reads this and does go homicidial, im not responsible)

Old 01-19-2009, 03:02 PM
Sorry to hear man, I hope things turn around!

Old 01-19-2009, 05:45 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
This really pisses me off; when you think about it... some rich asshole in Wallstreet makes a bunch of speculative trades and falls on his face... the result? Practically everybody in the world get affected. My 10 year career is going down the toilet along with hundreds of thousands of other peoples.

What a bunch of crap... as we speak right now this Wallstreet asshole is selling oil "futures" for cheap even though supply and demand is not even a factor. This is the same guy that bid it up so high that we all had to pay retarded amounts at the pump... again with no real connection to supply and demand.

I wish I could put a face to the Wallstreet Asshole because (at the risk of sounding like Cartman) I would kick him square in the nuts.
I'd kick him too.

Hope everything for you, and everyone else for that matter, gets better. Times are suckin'.

Old 01-19-2009, 05:54 PM
Originally Posted by kylerwho
that is a huge bummer man. so you gonna part out the fit?

Haha... typical saying...

Anyway, good luck with finding another job, it does suck when you think everything is fine then realize things aren't so good.

Old 01-19-2009, 08:22 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Sorry to hear about your job. I am in the same boat my employer hired me to work in the office of a doctor and I left a great job to work for them plus turned down an offer for more money and an administrative position from my previous physician group. The doctor decided in September to retire 12/31/08. The hospital still has no promise of another position within the hospital. Just have to have faith that things will work out.

Cat :x

Old 01-19-2009, 10:25 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Yep, it is a matter of faith things will just somehow work out at this point!

Originally Posted by Mr_ET
Sorry to hear man, I hope things turn around!
Come on Obama... be nice to Canadians!

Old 01-20-2009, 12:46 AM
Its times like these that I am glad I decided to work in Health Care. In an Emergency Room no less so I don't think there will ever be a time where I won't have work. I hope.

God why did I have to post this and probably jynx myself

Old 01-20-2009, 01:17 PM
Sucks to be in the oil market right now yes.

on a side note I've posted record numbers in wholesale last month and this month (so far) so for now we are doing well but I can't see this lasting for much longer. Spring time will see a huge drop in accessory sales due to lack of vehicle sales.

Old 01-20-2009, 09:28 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
ARRGG! My Suncor stock plummeted like 15% today Will this crap never end!!

Old 01-21-2009, 01:59 PM
Oil prices can't stay this low. The barrel will start going up again and the projects that are currently on hold will get rolling again. (Positive thinking)

Quick Reply: Probably getting laid off....