Spring Cleaning starts with a 2009 Dyno Day! - Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Spring Cleaning starts with a 2009 Dyno Day!

Old 02-05-2009, 12:17 AM
Spring Cleaning starts with a 2009 Dyno Day!

So the time is coming again... I think with Nick's fixes on the way and a few additional mods on my end that we should all try to get together to do another dyno day. See who is all interested in getting their car on the dyno.

I'll have my wideband installed sometime this month, as well as a Split Second ESC1 which will correct my lean conditions. I'm gonna try to get a friend to help me with some street tuning first and then I hope to hop onto a dyno for 30mins-1hr to fine tune it and see what we can put down and how much more boost I can add.

Anyone else interested? and know where we can go to get onto a Dynojet?

Old 02-05-2009, 12:31 AM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
I would be game!

I thew up my rims on Kijiji today for sale, I am going to start looking into lighter 16" options. Once they sell I will give Bob a call and if he can put together a package for me

You are starting to get pretty familiar with the Ultimate, any suggestions for a compatible wideband that I can just wire into it?

Old 02-05-2009, 12:41 AM
[Q
UOTE=Sugarphreak;567752]I would be game!

I thew up my rims on Kijiji today for sale, I am going to start looking into lighter 16" options. Once they sell I will give Bob a call and if he can put together a package for me

You are starting to get pretty familiar with the Ultimate, any suggestions for a compatible wideband that I can just wire into it?[/QUOTE]

I'm not that familiar with it, but I did look into the wideband option to allow the emanage to autocorrect the AFRs. You have to buy the optional harness and I think that will hook into your wideband sensor. I'm not gonna go that route tho, I want to custom tune my AFRs as I think that is a better route to go just to make sure the AFRs are where I want them

Old 02-05-2009, 02:49 AM
I agree with Adam on this self tuning from the Ultimate is probably not as good as a dyno tune.

We already know what mine puts down so I'd be in to spectate

C'mon Jon let's dyno yours

Old 02-05-2009, 03:54 AM
spoon fed
5 Year Member
are you getting the weapon r manifold yeefit?

Old 02-05-2009, 11:15 AM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Mr_ET View Post
I agree with Adam on this self tuning from the Ultimate is probably not as good as a dyno tune.

But I have the extra bung!! I guess we can just cap it off.

I guess that is the route to go, although I do want to make sure I am not running too lean with the test pipe in.

Old 02-05-2009, 12:35 PM
Originally Posted by Sugarphreak View Post

I guess that is the route to go, although I do want to make sure I am not running too lean with the test pipe in.
You need the extra bung. one for the stock O2 sensor and one for the wideband sensor.

My test pipe only came with 1 bung for the O2 fix sensor, and now I have to get the second one welded on so that I can install my wideband.

Old 02-05-2009, 12:39 PM
Originally Posted by kylerwho View Post
are you getting the weapon r manifold yeefit?
I was going to, but I backed out after reading up on it. I'm afraid adding the manifold will lean out the car a fair amount while in boost. And right now I am already having a hard enough time not leaning out.

I'd prefer to not be the guinea pig on this one.. if the mod works well with others then perhaps I will consider it. But as my DD car I don't think I want to risk it. I've got my wideband and ESC1 to be installed the next couple weeks, as well as my engine mounts. I think with a good tune and the ESC1 in place I should be able to boost/tune to around 10psi and put down around 190whp on a Dynojet.

I put down 170whp @ 6psi with 12.9AFR last fall. The major limiting factor is the fuel pump/injectors once you get close to 200whp. I don't need more than that tho as the car is already hard enough to handle with this much power

Old 02-05-2009, 12:40 PM

If you don't want to run a wideband, I'd be willing to trade you test pipes. That way I won't need to weld on a new bung, and you can have the T1R pipe with only 1 bung.

Old 02-05-2009, 12:56 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Sounds good, but any chance I can recover the extra 25$ on the trade

Old 02-05-2009, 01:09 PM
Master FitFaker. CHEA!
I would be game!

You are starting to get pretty familiar with the Ultimate, any suggestions for a compatible wideband that I can just wire into it?
yay!!!

Originally Posted by YeeFit View Post
I was going to, but I backed out after reading up on it. I'm afraid adding the manifold will lean out the car a fair amount while in boost. And right now I am already having a hard enough time not leaning out.

I'd prefer to not be the guinea pig on this one.. if the mod works well with others then perhaps I will consider it. But as my DD car I don't think I want to risk it. I've got my wideband and ESC1 to be installed the next couple weeks, as well as my engine mounts. I think with a good tune and the ESC1 in place I should be able to boost/tune to around 10psi and put down around 190whp on a Dynojet.

I put down 170whp @ 6psi with 12.9AFR last fall. The major limiting factor is the fuel pump/injectors once you get close to 200whp. I don't need more than that tho as the car is already hard enough to handle with this much power
that will be sick, i love your fit, sleeper status (pretty much) FTW

Old 02-05-2009, 01:38 PM
Originally Posted by Mr_ET View Post

I'm down for that!

Old 02-05-2009, 01:59 PM
Sounds good, but any chance I can recover the extra 25$ on the trade
Are you not planning on installing a wideband anymore then?

I'm actually not too sure if your test pipe is the same as mine... mine comes with the turbo kit and it bolts to the down pipe from the turbo manifold..

Hmmmm.. plus I kinda feel bad taking your new pipe and giving you my charred up turbo pipe lol..

maybe its best to just leave it be

Old 02-05-2009, 02:20 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
I am not sure, I might install a wideband if I can figure out a neat way to mount up a guage.

Old 02-05-2009, 02:24 PM
I am not sure, I might install a wideband if I can figure out a neat way to mount up a guage.

Not telling you not to get a wideband I would HIGHLY recommend one. I am telling you not to hook it up to your Ultimate and let it self tune itself.

I am saying dyno tuning it is better than the self tune feature from the Ultimate.

Old 02-05-2009, 02:29 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
So I need just the optional harness and sensor then right? Suggestions on what brand of sensor and where to buy?

^^^^^^^^^
Scratch that... we need to use a tailpipe wideband now. Tons of new parts from WR on the way

T1R Header & Test pipe are up for sale... 350$ for both?

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 02-05-2009 at 03:21 PM.
Old 02-05-2009, 04:16 PM
spoon fed
5 Year Member
i have the weapon r manifold on the way. i will be running that manifold on my car for a week and then the following week im getting the boost.

i will be the first in the US to have boost with an upgraded mani. i do wonder what my numbers will be. im hoping to run 6 or 8psi.

Old 02-05-2009, 04:25 PM
Originally Posted by kylerwho View Post
i have the weapon r manifold on the way. i will be running that manifold on my car for a week and then the following week im getting the boost.

i will be the first in the US to have boost with an upgraded mani. i do wonder what my numbers will be. im hoping to run 6 or 8psi.
Which kit did u get in the end? the T1R right?

Lemme know how it goes and make sure you get someone good to tune it.

I was going to guinea pig the IM but I didn't have the kahonas (sp?) to do it. I need to fix my AFRs and do a few other more important things before I go with the manifold upgrade.

Old 02-05-2009, 04:28 PM
spoon fed
5 Year Member
the manifold will not really affect a/f on the n/a car cause the stock computer not throughing a limp CEL will compensate for the added air.

i will be boosting after running around with the manifold.
yeah i got the t1r kit with the greddy ultimate.

Old 02-05-2009, 06:11 PM
I'm in depending on time and place!

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.