Rota's?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 06:18 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Rota's?

I was talking to Bob today, he is doing some research on lightweight 16's with the offset I want. He is doing a group buy in a few weeks on Rota wheels.

What do you guys think about these?

Rota Circut 10's. The 16's come with the all important +45, apparently quite light for 16's @ about 14lbs.

I like having chrome on the car, it seems to fit in nicely. But maybe I should check out different colours like White, black with red or bronze?

I guess there are the slipstreams as well, but I really don't like how they look. The Konigs only really come in +42 which does not work for me if I want to use wider tires.

I wanted to get a style similar to the OZ supertorismo, I like the super high spoke count, but I can't find anything that matches this style and still gives me the offset and weight advantage.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 02-06-2009 at 06:24 PM.
Old 02-06-2009, 06:31 PM
5 Year Member
go with the polished C10s!!!! i have a set and dang they are nice... before i hit hit the curb and mess one up =/ =P

sharing pictures if you dont mind =P

Name:  IMGP5951.jpg
Views: 414
Size:  73.5 KB

Name:  IMGP3039.jpg
Views: 341
Size:  32.1 KB

Old 02-06-2009, 08:03 PM
Don't rota have a time attack or track model that comes with quite a few spokes?

Jon and I have both run those wheels on current/previous projects without any issues so I would recommend them yes.

Old 02-06-2009, 08:18 PM
Master FitFaker. CHEA!
the first black set looks good!

Old 02-06-2009, 09:10 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member

Rota's in different colors these are slipstreams.

Also

Buddy Club P1 Racing

I am getting ready to order my new rims hopefully in the next few weeks. They will be white -I know, I know but I just have wanted white rims for a long time. If I would change out my head lights to black I would do black rims but I just don't want to go there yet.

Cat :x

Old 02-06-2009, 09:13 PM
5 Year Member
i say for for some polished slips =D

Old 02-06-2009, 11:08 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Mr_ET
Don't rota have a time attack or track model that comes with quite a few spokes?

Jon and I have both run those wheels on current/previous projects without any issues so I would recommend them yes.
The Rota Attack's have 5 spokes, the Rota Track have lots of spokes... but not exactly what I was looking for. I was thinking more like the OZ's multi-spoke style with the spokes that reach out to the lip. But... way too much cash and not enough offset

Old 02-06-2009, 11:09 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Im|Inside|Fit
go with the polished C10s!!!! i have a set and dang they are nice... before i hit hit the curb and mess one up =/ =P

sharing pictures if you dont mind =P

Hey nice pic's, those wheels are pretty nice looking! Are those 15's or 16's?

Old 02-06-2009, 11:14 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Cat

Rota's in different colors these are slipstreams.

Also

Buddy Club P1 Racing

I am getting ready to order my new rims hopefully in the next few weeks. They will be white -I know, I know but I just have wanted white rims for a long time. If I would change out my head lights to black I would do black rims but I just don't want to go there yet.

Cat :x
The group buy is for Rota's in a few weeks, it should save me about 20% off the retail cost. I like the Buddy Clubs, they were on my list when I was first looking for wheels.

The slipstream is a nice wheel as well, but I want to get away from the 5 spoke look.

Old 02-06-2009, 11:22 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
I also have to pick out a set of tires to go with for the package...

Maybe Bridgestone RE-01's? Bob was saying Khumo has come out with a new tire that is supposed to be comparable as well.

Old 02-07-2009, 12:34 AM
Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
I also have to pick out a set of tires to go with for the package...

Maybe Bridgestone RE-01's? Bob was saying Khumo has come out with a new tire that is supposed to be comparable as well.
Tell Bob you're my friend and we both need Kumho XS tires before May

They are almost as good as the RE-01R but less money. Right now Kumho does not offer the XS in Canada yet so it's a special order from the US.

Old 02-09-2009, 12:50 AM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Yeah Bob is the bomb when it comes to hook-ups, I didn't even bother hunting around for a good price, just made the call

I should hear back from him tomorrow, will do! What size should I tell him you looking for? I think I am going with 215/45/16's... then crossing my fingers it doesn't rub... I will do some calcs tomorrow at work to see how close it is... I know the tolerances of my car to the millimeter right now.

<------ Very sweet looking tire!

Looks like I have a buyer for my rims too, so everything is going very smooth!

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 02-09-2009 at 01:06 AM.
Old 02-09-2009, 01:16 AM
Formerly "bitoy"
5 Year Member
Try using this tire n rim calculator maybe it will help you decide on the right tire to use, just play around with it.
http://www.rims-n-tires.com/rt_specs.jsp

Old 02-09-2009, 01:28 AM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
hey sweet link, I was playing around with it a bit

I have something setup on CAD already that has different tire size profiles overlaid. I know some of the finer tolerances, as long as the tires don't differ too much from the theoretical size I should be ok.

Old 02-09-2009, 01:37 AM
I like bronze wheels... I was looking at a set for the Fit before I went with the Enkei's...

If you're looking for weight savings tho, I'd highly recommend getting 15s... you'd probably save 3-5lbs per wheel.

What about Rota Sub Zero's? I used to have a set of Racing Hart CP-035Rs.. they were my fav wheels... 17" in white on my black civic

Old 02-09-2009, 01:54 AM
5 Year Member
Hey nice pic's, those wheels are pretty nice looking! Are those 15's or 16's?
=) thanks! they are 15s... i freaken love them... turn corners really good =) i love these cuss they are light =) and cuss no one has polish C10s =D

Old 02-09-2009, 03:18 AM
who's Bob?
where are you ordering this group buy from?

I might be looking for some new tire+rims too!

Old 02-09-2009, 08:37 AM
Bob Blackborough at Urban Expressions wheels and tires in Calgary. He is a great guy that some of us like Nick and myself have been dealing with for quite some time.

If you want great service, a great price and to give a great guy some business, he is hard to beat.

Old 02-09-2009, 12:32 PM
I was talking to Bob today, he is doing some research on lightweight 16's with the offset I want. He is doing a group buy in a few weeks on Rota wheels.
Hmmm a GB eh? My friend who just picked up his MR Fit is looking for some 15" wheels for cheap.

Perhaps I'll give Bob a ring.

Old 02-09-2009, 01:10 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by YeeFit
I like bronze wheels... I was looking at a set for the Fit before I went with the Enkei's...

If you're looking for weight savings tho, I'd highly recommend getting 15s... you'd probably save 3-5lbs per wheel.

What about Rota Sub Zero's? I used to have a set of Racing Hart CP-035Rs.. they were my fav wheels... 17" in white on my black civic
I might end up going with 15's anyway just so I can run 205's instead of 215's... I have this bad feeling I will rub with 215's.

Even a tiny bit of rub that isn't a big deal when you daily drive turns into a major problem once you push it harder.

Quick Reply: Rota's?